2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
organic

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

If not PU, it was presumably brakes - perhaps a brake duct had some debris in it?
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

TFSA

Just_a_fan wrote:If not PU, it was presumably brakes - perhaps a brake duct had some debris in it?
Article i read half an hour ago (think it was from The Race) mentioned brakes. According to them (referring to statements from Red Bull), there wasn't directly an issue, but they kept Max out of backmarker dirty air for precautionary reasons.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Last year RB started using old parts on their cars due to the budget cap. We could see more dodgy reliability towards the end of this season.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

TFSA wrote:
04 Sep 2023, 18:22
Just_a_fan wrote:If not PU, it was presumably brakes - perhaps a brake duct had some debris in it?
Article i read half an hour ago (think it was from The Race) mentioned brakes. According to them (referring to statements from Red Bull), there wasn't directly an issue, but they kept Max out of backmarker dirty air for precautionary reasons.
Ah, that makes sense. Had a cushion and only his team mate behind him so slowing down to avoid dirty, hot air ahead is sensible.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

ME4ME

AR3-GP wrote:
04 Sep 2023, 18:49
Last year RB started using old parts on their cars due to the budget cap. We could see more dodgy reliability towards the end of this season.
Not sure if thats required subjectivly they haven't really spend that much this year, not in comparision with Aston Marton, Mercedes or Mclaren who all brought multiple massive updates. Also Red Bull will have spend less money running the wind tunnel. But you might be right. They might indeed do that.

tinuva

ME4ME wrote:
04 Sep 2023, 21:17
AR3-GP wrote:
04 Sep 2023, 18:49
Not sure if thats required subjectivly they haven't really spend that much this year, not in comparision with Aston Marton, Mercedes or Mclaren who all brought multiple massive updates. Also Red Bull will have spend less money running the wind tunnel. But you might be right. They might indeed do that.
They spent a bit on Checo's crash damage though.

DDopey
DDopey

Some hints coming out that Perez is ready to leave. Marko being critical that Perez is not always focussed and they are looking at other options. Perez already talking about other alternatives if he cannot feel that he contributes to the team. (Talk is about 2025, but you never know).

chrisc90

DDopey wrote:
05 Sep 2023, 13:35
Some hints coming out that Perez is ready to leave. Marko being critical that Perez is not always focussed and they are looking at other options. Perez already talking about other alternatives if he cannot feel that he contributes to the team. (Talk is about 2025, but you never know).
I seen rumours it was Lando who could be tied with a early exit - with Zak Brown hoping he would stay given the teams development.

Lando alongside Max would be a killer driver line up. We all know RB have tried countless years to get Lando.

I don’t think it’ll happen for 2024 - as it would need some monumental groundwork to get a driver in that’s good enough (excluding Danny Ric or Liam Lawson) especially when the rumoured driver is still under contract

basti313
basti313

chrisc90 wrote:
05 Sep 2023, 13:43
DDopey wrote:
I seen rumours it was Lando who could be tied with a early exit - with Zak Brown hoping he would stay given the teams development.

Lando alongside Max would be a killer driver line up. We all know RB have tried countless years to get Lando.

I don’t think it’ll happen for 2024 - as it would need some monumental groundwork to get a driver in that’s good enough (excluding Danny Ric or Liam Lawson) especially when the rumoured driver is still under contract
I think the question on both posts is "why?".

Why should Perez leave? He will stay in the best car until they throw him out. Looking for alternatives...of course he will look for another drive as Bottas did. But I fear in the current state he will not find one.

Why should/can RedBull sign Lando? Why should Lando go to RedBull? I do not see any reason especially with the excellent appearence by Lawson. I would expect that McLaren has a good contract with Lando and with Lawson coming, why should RedBull spend horrendous amounts of money on Lando. And Lando going into the fight with Nr.1 Max? Why should he, he has a good seat at McLaren with them strongly developing.
Don`t russel the hamster!

Cs98
Cs98

basti313 wrote:
05 Sep 2023, 13:59
chrisc90 wrote:
DDopey wrote:

I think the question on both posts is "why?".

Why should Perez leave? He will stay in the best car until they throw him out. Looking for alternatives...of course he will look for another drive as Bottas did. But I fear in the current state he will not find one.

Why should/can RedBull sign Lando? Why should Lando go to RedBull? I do not see any reason especially with the excellent appearence by Lawson. I would expect that McLaren has a good contract with Lando and with Lawson coming, why should RedBull spend horrendous amounts of money on Lando. And Lando going into the fight with Nr.1 Max? Why should he, he has a good seat at McLaren with them strongly developing.
Because whatever they spend on Lando they will get back in marketing and more. A Max Lando partnership would be the most dynamic and exciting on the grid. RB would gain appeal from many fans they currently don't appeal to. For Lando he gets a go in a contender car, and gets to measure himself against the best.

ali623
ali623

chrisc90 wrote:
DDopey wrote:

I think Norris is a very good driver, but honestly going to Red Bull alongside Max would kill his career, or at least massively set it back.

He would perhaps do better than any driver alongside Max since Ricciardo, but I don't think he would challenge him realistically. I think he knows that too, he already rejected Red Bull earlier when McLaren looked in far worse shape than they do currently.

organic

Marko has been on one again about driver situation at RB

Very interesting is Marko revealing that Norris was possibly going to Toro Rosso
Perez is not consistent, he is not always focused ," Marko said in statements to ServusTV
. "Norris is definitely a candidate for us . At Toro Rosso we had already reached an agreement with him, until his manager realized that there was an option for a contract with McLaren,"
In terms of youth and speed, Pérez is already over 30 years old and is expecting his fourth child. Therefore, he also has other interests, so we have to see what happens next,
https://soymotor.com/f1/noticias/marko- ... -ocupar-su

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

ali623 wrote:
05 Sep 2023, 14:54
chrisc90 wrote:
DDopey wrote:

I think Norris is a very good driver, but honestly going to Red Bull alongside Max would kill his career, or at least massively set it back.

He would perhaps do better than any driver alongside Max since Ricciardo, but I don't think he would challenge him realistically. I think he knows that too, he already rejected Red Bull earlier when McLaren looked in far worse shape than they do currently.
Kill his career is being a touch dramatic I feel.

organic

organic wrote:
05 Sep 2023, 15:42
Marko has been on one again about driver situation at RB

Very interesting is Marko revealing that Norris was possibly going to Toro Rosso
Perez is not consistent, he is not always focused ," Marko said in statements to ServusTV
. "Norris is definitely a candidate for us . At Toro Rosso we had already reached an agreement with him, until his manager realized that there was an option for a contract with McLaren,"
In terms of youth and speed, Pérez is already over 30 years old and is expecting his fourth child. Therefore, he also has other interests, so we have to see what happens next,
https://soymotor.com/f1/noticias/marko- ... -ocupar-su
Some more fuel on the Norris fire
Rosberg said on Sky Sports commentary: “Where’s [Norris] going? Next year already, I hear there’s a switch coming.”
And in response to another question about it over the weekend:
Norris: It’s definitely something I would be open to in the future,”
"It’d be great to work alongside someone like that and, at the same time, see where I can really stand against him. I’d be open to it."
Am I pushing a narrative? Yes

But it's a bit of fun
Last edited by organic on 05 Sep 2023, 18:29, edited 1 time in total.