2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

He can't exactly admit on live TV that he intends to break his Mclaren contract.

kediown

organic wrote:
05 Sep 2023, 18:21
organic wrote:
05 Sep 2023, 15:42
Marko has been on one again about driver situation at RB

Very interesting is Marko revealing that Norris was possibly going to Toro Rosso
Perez is not consistent, he is not always focused ," Marko said in statements to ServusTV
. "Norris is definitely a candidate for us . At Toro Rosso we had already reached an agreement with him, until his manager realized that there was an option for a contract with McLaren,"
In terms of youth and speed, Pérez is already over 30 years old and is expecting his fourth child. Therefore, he also has other interests, so we have to see what happens next,
https://soymotor.com/f1/noticias/marko- ... -ocupar-su
Some more fuel on the Norris fire
Rosberg said on Sky Sports commentary: “Where’s [Norris] going? Next year already, I hear there’s a switch coming.”
Norris: It’s definitely something I would be open to in the future,”
"It’d be great to work alongside someone like that and, at the same time, see where I can really stand against him. I’d be open to it."
Am I pushing a narrative? Yes

But it's a bit of fun
To let me support you in pushing the narrative, Liberty Media may be helpful about this move as well since they already wanted a inner fight in the dominant team as far as I remember!

RonMexico
RonMexico

kediown wrote:
05 Sep 2023, 18:27
organic wrote:
05 Sep 2023, 18:21
organic wrote:
05 Sep 2023, 15:42
Marko has been on one again about driver situation at RB

Very interesting is Marko revealing that Norris was possibly going to Toro Rosso

https://soymotor.com/f1/noticias/marko- ... -ocupar-su
Some more fuel on the Norris fire
Rosberg said on Sky Sports commentary: “Where’s [Norris] going? Next year already, I hear there’s a switch coming.”
Norris: It’s definitely something I would be open to in the future,”
"It’d be great to work alongside someone like that and, at the same time, see where I can really stand against him. I’d be open to it."
Am I pushing a narrative? Yes

But it's a bit of fun
To let me support you in pushing the narrative, Liberty Media may be helpful about this move as well since they already wanted a inner fight in the dominant team as far as I remember!
It's probably necessary for them to help this come to fruition. Worst case scenario we get a championship fight for most of the season, best case you have two RB cars taking points off each other against an inferior but competitive Ferrari driven by Leclerc

RonMexico
RonMexico

basti313 wrote:
05 Sep 2023, 13:59
chrisc90 wrote:
05 Sep 2023, 13:43
DDopey wrote:
05 Sep 2023, 13:35
Some hints coming out that Perez is ready to leave. Marko being critical that Perez is not always focussed and they are looking at other options. Perez already talking about other alternatives if he cannot feel that he contributes to the team. (Talk is about 2025, but you never know).
I seen rumours it was Lando who could be tied with a early exit - with Zak Brown hoping he would stay given the teams development.

Lando alongside Max would be a killer driver line up. We all know RB have tried countless years to get Lando.

I don’t think it’ll happen for 2024 - as it would need some monumental groundwork to get a driver in that’s good enough (excluding Danny Ric or Liam Lawson) especially when the rumoured driver is still under contract
I think the question on both posts is "why?".

Why should Perez leave? He will stay in the best car until they throw him out. Looking for alternatives...of course he will look for another drive as Bottas did. But I fear in the current state he will not find one.

Why should/can RedBull sign Lando? Why should Lando go to RedBull? I do not see any reason especially with the excellent appearence by Lawson. I would expect that McLaren has a good contract with Lando and with Lawson coming, why should RedBull spend horrendous amounts of money on Lando. And Lando going into the fight with Nr.1 Max? Why should he, he has a good seat at McLaren with them strongly developing.
Why not for Lando? Win races, fight the undisputed best on the grid and earn a fat salary. Beat Verstappen and he is instantly the face of F1. Run him close and he goes to the next best team for 2026 and makes a run at the championship again.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

RonMexico wrote:
05 Sep 2023, 18:46
basti313 wrote:
chrisc90 wrote:

I seen rumours it was Lando who could be tied with a early exit - with Zak Brown hoping he would stay given the teams development.

Lando alongside Max would be a killer driver line up. We all know RB have tried countless years to get Lando.

I don’t think it’ll happen for 2024 - as it would need some monumental groundwork to get a driver in that’s good enough (excluding Danny Ric or Liam Lawson) especially when the rumoured driver is still under contract

Why should Perez leave? He will stay in the best car until they throw him out. Looking for alternatives...of course he will look for another drive as Bottas did. But I fear in the current state he will not find one.

Why should/can RedBull sign Lando? Why should Lando go to RedBull? I do not see any reason especially with the excellent appearence by Lawson. I would expect that McLaren has a good contract with Lando and with Lawson coming, why should RedBull spend horrendous amounts of money on Lando. And Lando going into the fight with Nr.1 Max? Why should he, he has a good seat at McLaren with them strongly developing.
Why not for Lando? Win races, fight the undisputed best on the grid and earn a fat salary. Beat Verstappen and he is instantly the face of F1. Run him close and he goes to the next best team for 2026 and makes a run at the championship again.
Also, there is the possibility for Piastri to steal Lando's luster next year, so he will want to take his shot while is market value is still high.

basti313
basti313

Cs98 wrote:
05 Sep 2023, 14:02
basti313 wrote:
chrisc90 wrote:

Because whatever they spend on Lando they will get back in marketing and more. A Max Lando partnership would be the most dynamic and exciting on the grid. RB would gain appeal from many fans they currently don't appeal to. For Lando he gets a go in a contender car, and gets to measure himself against the best.
I think you are overestimating Lando in this regard. The issue is he is strongly underrated and still not more than a Nr. 2 British driver. He would need to go to Merc and beat Lewis...as long as this is not happening he can battle Max with good outcome and still be Nr. 2 in Britain.
In comparison to the Nr.1 driver from Americas Lando has no marketing value. This can not be the reason.

Also from the timing I would not understand the move:
If it is a move for 24....the season with an easy WDC for RedBull...it will be "till the first blood" within the team if RedBull throws out Perez with the result that 50% of the european fans will hate RedBull because either Max or Lando wins...and 100% of the American fans for throwing out Perez...

If it is a move for 25...then the question is if McLaren can battle RedBull. It might be the completely wrong move to battle Max in a RedBull while Oscar smiles and wins the WDC in the McLaren. Dangerous at least...
Don`t russel the hamster!

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Ah I had completely forgotten about the fact that Lando is british. It adds a 3rd dimension to the complications. As if the "Perez has a toro rosso" conspiracies are not enough, imagine the british press when a british driver loses to Verstappen in the same car.

Good luck with that Christian. :lol:

chrisc90

If Lando joined Red Bull when the initial contract talks were happening, he would stand a much greater chance of becoming a WDC than what chance he has now.

2025 is a big dice roll - especially with the new engines, to which Red bull are a complete newcomer.
In regards to that - it’s a whole new set of dice with the electric stuff that comes with them. If RB have a lot of Ex honda staff working for them at present - then realistically they probably aren’t in too bad of a place given their ERS and battery is probably the best on the grid at present. If RBPT can learn from what they have now - it’s mighty fine knowledge going into the new era of engine regulation. (I believe car concept it much the same with ground effect???)

With regard to the Norris/British and the British fanbase being ‘upset’ at the fact that a Dutchman has beaten the English - I really don’t see it as too much to worry about realistically. Without knowing exactly how many British F1 fans follow what driver - I don’t think it would be a management disaster. I’d imagine your main ones are Lewis, Norris, Russell and Max being your key ‘fan base’

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

chrisc90 wrote:
05 Sep 2023, 20:42

With regard to the Norris/British and the British fanbase being ‘upset’ at the fact that a Dutchman has beaten the English - I really don’t see it as too much to worry about realistically. Without knowing exactly how many British F1 fans follow what driver - I don’t think it would be a management disaster. I’d imagine your main ones are Lewis, Norris, Russell and Max being your key ‘fan base’
According to track attendees at Silverstone, Norris was the most popular Brit this year. So there's definitely going to be some angst with the media there. Lando can do no wrong already. If Verstappen had called his race engineer "f***ing stupid" like Lando did during the Dutch GP, we wouldn't hear the end of it and banging on about a relationship break down. When Norris did it, it never even made the news cycle.

Nevertheless, I think RB should sign Norris. It would be an incredibly hard to beat pairing.

dans79

AR3-GP wrote:
05 Sep 2023, 20:57
If Verstappen had called his race engineer "f***ing stupid" like Lando did during the Dutch GP, we wouldn't hear the end of it and banging on about a relationship break down. When Norris did it, it never even made the news cycle.
I don't personally care for Norris, but he got away with his outburst, because as far as I know he doesn't have a history of them. Some other drivers are known for them, and thus take a lot more heat.
201 105 104 9 9 7

chrisc90

AR3-GP wrote:
chrisc90 wrote:
05 Sep 2023, 20:42

According to track attendees at Silverstone, Norris was the most popular Brit this year. So there's definitely going to be some angst with the media there. Lando can do no wrong already. If Verstappen had called his race engineer "f***ing stupid" like Lando did during the Dutch GP, we wouldn't hear the end of it and banging on about a relationship break down. When Norris did it, it never even made the news cycle.
Really doesn’t surprise me to be honest. At Silverstone there will always be a heightened support for Lewis, George and Lando.
I think the British commentators, aka SKY, make it out to be WAYYY worse than it is with RB and Max to what is happening on home soil. All the drivers get upset on the radio and it’s down to F1/Liberty to what we hear on TV and how it’s made to bring a driver/team across to the public.

Just look at RB now with Max and GP… 2022 and especially 2023, their radio has almost been trolling the media between them both. Max and GP both give massively sarcastic comments back to each other when needed and it actually gets portrayed in the media as being funny and the ‘domestic couple - occasionally having a tiff with each other’. Fans enjoy it. Gifted there is the occasional little ‘twist’ such as Max not being allowed to do another push lap in quali - or not being able to see the weather radar at Spa for example.
RB have been massively clever and tactical there with it. Although I don’t think it was anything but the norm previously, we just see/hear more of it nowadays.

What else do fans normally get to hear on a FP, Quali or during the race. At the minute, the RB stuff is about the best radio you hear televised.

Juzh

dans79 wrote:
05 Sep 2023, 21:03
AR3-GP wrote:
If Verstappen had called his race engineer "f***ing stupid" like Lando did during the Dutch GP, we wouldn't hear the end of it and banging on about a relationship break down. When Norris did it, it never even made the news cycle.
I don't personally care for Norris, but he got away with his outburst, because as far as I know he doesn't have a history of them. Some other drivers are known for them, and thus take a lot more heat.
I guess you're talking about norris then: SHUT UP - norris, russia 2021. throws race with this tantrum in the process, making himself look very silly putting it mildly. Gets incredibly lucky race control decides to turn a blind eye to him crossing pitlane line, which should net him 2 extra penalty points and race ban in that situation. Basically whenever he's stressed he throws his race engineer under the bus. He also had derogatory comments in spa this year. So it's a trend with norris, yes.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Juzh wrote:
05 Sep 2023, 21:12
dans79 wrote:
05 Sep 2023, 21:03
AR3-GP wrote:
I guess you're talking about norris then: SHUT UP - norris, russia 2021. throws race with this tantrum in the process, making himself look very silly putting it mildly. Gets incredibly lucky race control decides to turn a blind eye to him crossing pitlane line, which should net him 2 extra penalty points and race ban in that situation. Basically whenever he's stressed he throws his race engineer under the bus. He also had derogatory comments in spa this year. So it's a trend with norris, yes.
I was drafting my own version of this , but thank you for saving me the time. I'd add that the reason no one takes note of it (As Dans79 illustrates...) is because there's no interest in pinning him up for these remarks by his country's media. For many English speakers, british journalist and reporters are a large part of how we consume F1 so they are big part or the narratives crafted behind f1 drivers.

If Lando came to RB, the driver battle would be the least of the worries. Convincing some that Lando isn't driving a Toro Rosso would be the biggest issue :lol:

lio007

I think it might have been possible that Lando joins the team if McLaren's performance stayed the same. But given McLaren's upswing, I think it's unlikely for him to join RBR.

Juzh

Re: Red Bull RB19

AR3-GP wrote:
06 Sep 2023, 16:20
Juzh wrote:
06 Sep 2023, 15:45
Good spot. Verstappen's wing is indeed cut deeper. Actually both steps are deeper than perez' straight cut. Second cut on verstappen's car is visibly lower. Must be the reason for that strange looking DRS support in the middle.

Didn't seem to help verstappen much in passing sainz.. Perez had pretty much same top speeds everywhere. Must be DRS effect was equal on both cars.
It's usually assumed that Verstappen has more front flap angle which is draggier. We've seen a season long trend usually when they both have the same rear wing, that Perez is typically about 2km/h quicker on the longer straights.
You're probably right, I've seen this already in 2022. Perez always faster on straights by 1-2-3 kmh.