2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Cs98
Cs98

Re: Red Bull RB19

Juzh wrote:
06 Sep 2023, 16:23
AR3-GP wrote:
06 Sep 2023, 16:20
Juzh wrote:
06 Sep 2023, 15:45
Good spot. Verstappen's wing is indeed cut deeper. Actually both steps are deeper than perez' straight cut. Second cut on verstappen's car is visibly lower. Must be the reason for that strange looking DRS support in the middle.

Didn't seem to help verstappen much in passing sainz.. Perez had pretty much same top speeds everywhere. Must be DRS effect was equal on both cars.
It's usually assumed that Verstappen has more front flap angle which is draggier. We've seen a season long trend usually when they both have the same rear wing, that Perez is typically about 2km/h quicker on the longer straights.
You're probably right, I've seen this already in 2022. Perez always faster on straights by 1-2-3 kmh.
Didn't Perez have a new engine?

Rikhart
Rikhart

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

If I was Red Bull, Piastri would be my target. He already looks to be at least the equal of Norris, on his debut year. I am also extremely impressed by his cool head, for someone so young and debuting in F1, it has been something to behold. I believe he will have a better future than Norris.

rbirules
rbirules

Rikhart wrote:
06 Sep 2023, 18:32
If I was Red Bull, Piastri would be my target. He already looks to be at least the equal of Norris, on his debut year. I am also extremely impressed by his cool head, for someone so young and debuting in F1, it has been something to behold. I believe he will have a better future than Norris.
Yep, and his contract ends at the same time as Checo's. You're also not trying to convince a #1 driver at another team to leave and come be teammates with Max. Though I guess there's a chance Piastri is the #1 driver at McLaren by the end of 2024.

rbirules
rbirules

Cs98 wrote:
06 Sep 2023, 18:08
Juzh wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:
06 Sep 2023, 16:20

It's usually assumed that Verstappen has more front flap angle which is draggier. We've seen a season long trend usually when they both have the same rear wing, that Perez is typically about 2km/h quicker on the longer straights.
You're probably right, I've seen this already in 2022. Perez always faster on straights by 1-2-3 kmh.
He took a different engine, but I thought it was reported that it was just another one from his existing pool of ICEs.

Macklaren
Macklaren

Re: 2023 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

Agree with the comments above. Being self-critical and putting pressure on yourself is very very different than having your boss brutalize you in public every weekend. Marko brought up Checo's kids this weekend as a reason for his poor performance...that's unacceptable.

BlueCheetah66
BlueCheetah66

rbirules wrote:
06 Sep 2023, 18:54
Cs98 wrote:
Juzh wrote:

He took a different engine, but I thought it was reported that it was just another one from his existing pool of ICEs.
That can still mean its a 'new' (fresh) engine. Not sure how engines Perez has been through so far this season

rbirules
rbirules

BlueCheetah66 wrote:
06 Sep 2023, 19:54
rbirules wrote:
06 Sep 2023, 18:54
Cs98 wrote:

That can still mean its a 'new' (fresh) engine. Not sure how engines Perez has been through so far this season
Correct, it can mean that. But I thought they specifically mentioned on the Sky coverage that his ICE was just swapped out for another one already in the pool. I didn't verify the comments just passing along what I heard.
Last edited by rbirules on 06 Sep 2023, 20:02, edited 1 time in total.

organic

They went to a used engine. We don't know how used but it wasn't fresh

mwillems

Macklaren wrote:
06 Sep 2023, 19:30
Agree with the comments above. Being self-critical and putting pressure on yourself is very very different than having your boss brutalize you in public every weekend. Marko brought up Checo's kids this weekend as a reason for his poor performance...that's unacceptable.
https://thesportsrush.com/f1-news-sergi ... as-excuse/

"Helmut Marko, Red Bull’s advisor, recently made statements that fueled rumors surrounding Perez’s potential exit. Marco has criticized Perez’s work and age, calling him inconsistent and old-fashioned. Marko also added that Perez is expecting a fourth child and has other interests that don’t align with their own."

This isn't the Btitish press, the guy is a total dick. How dare he bring Perez' pregnant wife into the public domain like that???

When RB broke the budget cap they used families and kids of employees as a human shield, saying the criticism was affecting them and they were being bullied.

Then Marko explains to the press that his family and kids may lose him his seat. She's pregnant right now. No need for that level of stress or anxiety. And I hope she isn't struggling already because as most know this is a major cause of miscarriage.

There is a reason many despise that team and man. He's vermin. In most other environments he'd be summarily dismissed. At Red Bull they laugh about the PR difficulties. It's like the Spanish FA but many times worse. And this is not the only ugly stuff he has said.
Last edited by mwillems on 06 Sep 2023, 20:56, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

mwillems

Sorry for the rant. If someone dragged my pregnant wife into a situation that could heap stress and anxiety on her (let alone putting responsiblity her way for her husband maybe losing the job he loves - in the global media), I'd be knocking them clean out. This makes me so angry.

-Bandit

lio007

mwillems wrote:
06 Sep 2023, 20:26
Macklaren wrote:

"Helmut Marko, Red Bull’s advisor, recently made statements that fueled rumors surrounding Perez’s potential exit. Marco has criticized Perez’s work and age, calling him inconsistent and old-fashioned. Marko also added that Perez is expecting a fourth child and has other interests that don’t align with their own."

This isn't the Btitish press, the guy is a total dick. How dare he bring Perez' pregnant wife into the public domain like that???

When RB broke the budget cap they used families and kids of employees as a human shield, saying the criticism was affecting them and they were being bullied.

Then Marko explains to the press that his family and kids may lose him his seat. She's pregnant right now. No need for that level of stress or anxiety. And I hope she isn't struggling already because as most know this is a major cause of miscarriage.

There is a reason many despise that team and man. He's vermin. In most other environments he'd be summarily dismissed. At Red Bull they laugh about the PR difficulties. It's like the Spanish FA but many times worse. And this is not the only ugly stuff he has said.
Oh my goodness...this 'report' is totally out of context!
Here is what he really said:
It was certainly one of his better races and we know that, he has problems in qualifying, he has form fluctuations, he is South American and he is not as completely focused in his head as Max is, for example. But the races are mostly good and yesterday's race was a very, very good race. There are also circuits coming up - he won Singapore last year - that suit him better, so we are optimistic. Sergio is over 30, his wife is having their fourth child, so he has a different environment and interests, so we'll have to see what happens after 2024. Perez is already the best [compared to the past drivers], who has made it into the third year and still manages to win every now and then.
The part about his age and his fourth child was the answer to the question about the Lando Norris rumors.
Helmut Marko was quite positive about Checo in this interview.

organic

Saying that his performance fluctuates and in the same sentence saying he is south American (btw Mexico isn't in South America) is the casual racism Marko is infamous for.. they need to take his platform away but unfortunately they won't

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

organic wrote:
06 Sep 2023, 23:35
Saying that his performance fluctuates and in the same sentence saying he is south American (btw Mexico isn't in South America) is the casual racism Marko is infamous for.. they need to take his platform away but unfortunately they won't
No surprise there from Marko, frankly. :roll:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

mwillems

lio007 wrote:
06 Sep 2023, 23:07
mwillems wrote:
06 Sep 2023, 20:26
Macklaren wrote:

Oh my goodness...this 'report' is totally out of context!
Here is what he really said:
It was certainly one of his better races and we know that, he has problems in qualifying, he has form fluctuations, he is South American and he is not as completely focused in his head as Max is, for example. But the races are mostly good and yesterday's race was a very, very good race. There are also circuits coming up - he won Singapore last year - that suit him better, so we are optimistic. Sergio is over 30, his wife is having their fourth child, so he has a different environment and interests, so we'll have to see what happens after 2024. Perez is already the best [compared to the past drivers], who has made it into the third year and still manages to win every now and then.
The part about his age and his fourth child was the answer to the question about the Lando Norris rumors.
Helmut Marko was quite positive about Checo in this interview.
he is South American and he is not as completely focused in his head - I mean come on.

These articles seem sourced from either an Italian or US site, not British press, although I don't disagree there is a Bias there against RB with some outlets. You're right it doesn't look like he is directly addressing his wife but even so, but even so he throws in a casual bit of racism. What's next, lazy Mexicans leaning against fences?? :shock:

Reminds me of Jeremy Clarkson, except he was tongue in cheek whilst still being a di...
Last edited by mwillems on 06 Sep 2023, 23:53, edited 1 time in total.

-Bandit

mwillems

Just_a_fan wrote:
06 Sep 2023, 23:44
organic wrote:
06 Sep 2023, 23:35
No surprise there from Marko, frankly. :roll:
Exactly. This has been deleted from the original post now so I expect it to be deleted here too, but outside of Red Bull this guy would struggle to not get fired.

Anyway, I hope Lando doesn't get to RB. But as I was saying in the Mclaren thread, it is do or Die if he does.

If Lando went to RB and started to sink it would be very difficult for him to get back on top of things and to get his confidence back, and I think this could have the potential to end championship hopes in his career. So it is a move he would have to give a lot of thought to, because if he isn't extremely confident of matching Verstappen in a team focussed on Verstappen and know for being ruthless, then it could go quite wrong. I would also suggest that whoever partners Verstappen needs Alonso and Hamilton level mental strength. Not sure Lando has that.

-Bandit