2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

I keep going back and forth between "they should clearly sign Norris/Leclerc" and "what would be the point of it"? You only need 1 excellent driver to win the championship.

Worrying about the stick and stone throwers (and there are many...) doesn't keep the lights on. Would RB want to put the team through the ringer over a 24 race calendar? Unless there is an obvious profit angle (better marketing for RB, payback from FOM, or avoiding a regs nerf), then I can't see why Rb would change.

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

All - I should have deleted some posts rather than transfer them, but here we are.

FYI - Drag racing stuff - not RB team related
Marko being an old racist - not really RB team related - and attracting links to trash newspaper reports.

PM me if you have major issues, or otherwise carry on as was...
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

dans79

CMSMJ1 wrote:
08 Sep 2023, 00:26
Marko being an old racist - not really RB team related - and attracting links to trash newspaper reports.
How is a senior team figure head making racist comments not related to the team? The team's response or lack of one speaks volumes about the team.
201 105 104 9 9 7

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

dans79 wrote:
08 Sep 2023, 00:53
CMSMJ1 wrote:
How is a senior team figure head making racist comments not related to the team? The team's response or lack of one speaks volumes about the team.
The original posts are there - but we're not wanting express and telegraph links.

Marko is a goner since Dietrich has passed away - We'll see his moving on soon enough
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

ValeVida46

CMSMJ1 wrote:
08 Sep 2023, 01:07

The original posts are there - but we're not wanting express and telegraph links.

Marko is a goner since Dietrich has passed away - We'll see his moving on soon enough
I have some questions and all in good faith CMSMJ.

I think what's happening here is heavy handed moderation compared to other threads wouldn't you say?

If we take a couple of other team threads, there is repeated patter of criticism to heads of teams and their comments in the media. Sometimes ongoing for weeks, so it's permissible in those instances but here it appears to be newly proactive and swift moderation.
Is it a case now that this is too provocative and F1technical does not want discussion on Marko's comments?
Or will this method of moderation be rolled out uniformly to other threads?

On Marko leaving soon enough, he's still a Red Bull stalwart though. Not sure speculation on him leaving is remotely attached to the comments he made in the capacity of his role at RB currently, if it is....how?

As for the sources, why is it that the contentious issue would be the links and not Marko's actual comments themselves?
Marca reported this too, can we link the Marca article or is it too biased because they're Spanish speakers?

lio007

IMO the URL says it all: f1technical

In this forum we should focus on races, cars and relevant infos about the teams. Arguments and discussions about Politics, social opinions,... should not be the reason to visit this forum.

Wouter

CMSMJ1 wrote:

FYI - Drag racing stuff - not RB team related
The "old racist Hemut Marko" #-o wanted to say something about it. Is it allowed to post it here?
Aufregung um Marko-Sager über Perez: »Er ist Südamerikaner ...«

Auf oe24-Anfrage reagierte Marko verwundert über die Aufregung:

"Das war doch nicht so gemeint. Ich hab gemeint, ein Mexikaner hat eine andere Mentalität als ein Deutscher oder ein Holländer."

Marko-Nachsatz: "Aber wer weiß, vielleicht ist das gesteuert."

English: "Excitement about Marko-Sager about Perez: "He's South American..."

"When asked by oe24, Marko reacted in surprise at the excitement:

"I didn't mean it that way. I meant that a Mexican has a different mentality than a German or a Dutchman."

Marko postscript: “But who knows, maybe it’s controlled.”
https://www.oe24.at/sport/motorsport/fo ... /568209786
The Power of Dreams!

ab_f1
ab_f1

AR3-GP wrote:
07 Sep 2023, 01:07
I keep going back and forth between "they should clearly sign Norris/Leclerc" and "what would be the point of it"? You only need 1 excellent driver to win the championship.

Worrying about the stick and stone throwers (and there are many...) doesn't keep the lights on. Would RB want to put the team through the ringer over a 24 race calendar? Unless there is an obvious profit angle (better marketing for RB, payback from FOM, or avoiding a regs nerf), then I can't see why Rb would change.
The thing with red Bull is that they always been 1 driver team. So while Max is there and performing, there isn't place for anyone else. Marko is on record about making Max have all possible records. So this most likely is to get a 2nd driver considered championship contender and then prove that Max could beat him.
You can bring best of best and put them in a team where whole machinery supports the other guy and they won't succeed.

Sieper

ab_f1 wrote:
08 Sep 2023, 14:55
AR3-GP wrote:

The thing with red Bull is that they always been 1 driver team. So while Max is there and performing, there isn't place for anyone else. Marko is on record about making Max have all possible records. So this most likely is to get a 2nd driver considered championship contender and then prove that Max could beat him.
You can bring best of best and put them in a team where whole machinery supports the other guy and they won't succeed.
Max has nothing to gain by this. When he beats the next best driver on the grid it will just be “the team was rigged against him”. He has beaten half the current grid while they were his teammate. Sainz, Ricciardo, Gasly Albon and now Perez. If they are so bad why are they all still out there, performing (minus wrist injury). Because they aren’t bad at all. Certainly none of these guys is any worse than Bottas against Zhou.

Wouter

Max and his trainer Bradly were training this morning in Monaco (running and playing padel)
before they leave for Singapore. Lando and Russell joined them at the padel centrum.

The Power of Dreams!

ab_f1
ab_f1

Sieper wrote:
08 Sep 2023, 15:29
ab_f1 wrote:
08 Sep 2023, 14:55
AR3-GP wrote:

Max has nothing to gain by this. When he beats the next best driver on the grid it will just be “the team was rigged against him”. He has beaten half the current grid while they were his teammate. Sainz, Ricciardo, Gasly Albon and now Perez. If they are so bad why are they all still out there, performing (minus wrist injury). Because they aren’t bad at all. Certainly none of these guys is any worse than Bottas against Zhou.
Its nothing against Max, he is a machine who just performs without any regard for anything else. Its the apparatus around him which feels these needs.

organic

He pummelled sainz as teammates in Toro Rosso in what was his 2nd year out of karts and won a race in his first weekend at RB proper.. but the machinery and team is just built around him I hear you cry

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

We are told two things
1) The machinery is built around him, and not what makes the car fast.
2) Anyone could dominate in that car.

They either built it for him and no one else would dominate in it, or it's just a fast car and anyone could dominate in it. One must select one stone, not both :lol:

Wouter

organic wrote:
08 Sep 2023, 15:59
He pummelled sainz as teammates in Toro Rosso in what was his 2nd year out of karts and won a race in his first weekend at RB proper.. but the machinery and team is just built around him I hear you cry
You sound just like Toto. :wink: From Motorsport last week:
In Zandvoort Mercedes team principal Toto Wolff hinted that Verstappen had the upper hand against Sergio Perez
because the “tricky” car suited him better.

Asked about the gap between the two team-mates Wolff said: “We’ve seen that Max has destroyed every single team-mate that was with him.

"Whether or not it’s his ability to create a car around himself that is very tricky to control, but fast if you can, and it makes those gaps, I haven’t heard any explanations, but… Odd.”

Verstappen insists that he adapts his driving to whatever car he is given in order to maximise its potential.

“Bulls*** comments,” he said when it was suggested that the car is designed around his style. “It's not like that.

“I mean, I just drive the car I get to the fastest way possible. I'm not there to tell the guys to give me more front end, because that's how I like it.

“I'll just say ‘design me the fastest car, and I'll drive around that. Every single year it's just different, every car drives a little bit different."

“People will say what is your driving style? My driving style is not something particular, I adapt to what I need for the car to go quick."
Adrian Newey told in a podcast exactly the same. His team designes a car as quickly as possible and the driver has to adapt.
The Power of Dreams!

Farnborough
Farnborough

AR3-GP wrote:
08 Sep 2023, 16:13
We are told two things
1) The machinery is built around him, and not what makes the car fast.
2) Anyone could dominate in that car.

They either built it for him and no one else would dominate in it, or it's just a fast car and anyone could dominate in it. One must select one stone, not both :lol:
Presumably MB built their car for neither of their drivers then, using the logic given by Toto :D :D :D

Yes I'm joking, but it does offer a mirrored view of the statement made.