2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
dans79

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

A major F1 news organization has waded in.
https://the-race.com/formula-1/marko-co ... e-to-stop/
There’s a new broom sweeping through Red Bull. There have already been suggestions of Marko locking horns with Oliver Mintzlaff, the chief executive of corporate projects and investments whose remit covers the Red Bull Racing and AlphaTauri F1 operations.

Absorbing the F1 teams into a more corporate set-up means the likes of Marko suddenly exist in a defined structure, where accountability is not optional. Marko wasn’t a fan of that when it started – following Mateschitz’s passing – and although he has played down any rift since then, matters like this are only going to stress test that relationship.

This is an opportunity for Red Bull GmbH to show who is really in charge and to show what kind of company it wants to be. It would mark a serious shift if Marko is pushed to take responsibility for what he has said.
201 105 104 9 9 7

Sieper

Any sweeping statements about any nation are rather stupid. Like calling “the Dutch” abrasive, “the Brits” stuff upper lip. The southern Americans/europeans passionate. Jet, this happens on a daily basis also on this forum. I am Dutch and a lot of bad things have been said about the Dutch during the years I visited here. Very racist? Or just dumb statements on the conto of the fool uterring them? And yes, Marko is foolish to say such things.

organic

Marko:
“Concerning my remark about Sergio Perez, ServusTV Sport and Talk, Monday September 4: I would like to apologise for my offensive remark and want to make it absolutely clear that I do not believe that we can generalise about the people from any country, any race, any ethnicity. I was trying to make a point that Checo has fluctuated in his performance this year, but it was wrong to attribute this to his cultural heritage.”

IntrinsicVoid
IntrinsicVoid

Marko has an influence on the F1 community and not only just his role in RBR. If you want to see a change, he and people like him needs to stop with the crap.

Though the sadder part is seeing that there are people who are committing to some sort of parasocial relationship (team or driver) and trying to bring him in good light. What he said is wrong, no matter which team he represents.

SiLo

The car being designed around Max and the car suiting him are not mutually exclusive. The fastest car RB could design may well suit the style Max drives with, any further developments will just increase that cohesion if they are inclusive of his input.
Felipe Baby!

TimW
TimW

I wonder how Ricciardo, Gasly, Albon and Perez feel...... I am sure they'll appreciate some of the comments in the media.. /s

Wouter

ValeVida46 wrote:
08 Sep 2023, 17:54
organic wrote:
08 Sep 2023, 17:42
Servus TV, same place he said the original statements

I agree it reads more like a PR person. It's probably a message sent to them on behalf of Marko to be honest. Statement in both German and English:

https://www.servustv.com/sport/a/stellu ... ko/352179/
Red Bull Racing PR have still not uttered a word. The fan affiliated accounts have all issued statements denouncing what was said, with most calling on RB to do the same. Yet still pin drop silence.
What's your point? Helmut Marko has apologized, he doesn't need any help with that.
Why does RBR have to come out with a statement?! He works for Red Bull GmbH and Servus TV is from Red Bull GmbH
and Helmut Marko has come out with a statement at Servus TV. Is that not enough for you? What do you actually want?
Just bashing RBR?
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Tomorrow and Sunday there is a big event on the Nürburgring. Vettel and Yuki were already present today and testing.

BREAKING: Seb has a normal haircut again. :lol: He is driving the RB7.

The Power of Dreams!

chrisc90

Presuming Max isn’t allowed to this event - as he’s smash another record in the process - it might of even made it onto Wikipedia!

TFSA

ab_f1 wrote:They fired a driver for racist comments and Marko was part of that decision. He made the original statement on TV but the apology is via PR. Double standards do not go very well.
Most RBR fanbase can see this. For people who cannot see the issue may do better by reading "First they came..."

https://www.hmd.org.uk/resource/first-t ... niemoller/
Ignoring the fact that I don't think Marko is a good boss stretch of the imagination, there's degrees to things - even racism.

Marko was simply trying to explain what he sees as the difference between Checo and Max, and part of his explanation, even if it is likely wrong and misguided, is that he thinks there's a difference of mindset between Dutch people and Mexican people.

Note that this isn't necessarily a reference to race, but to culture - in this case Latin American culture (even if he mistakingly said South American). To make the observation that cultures and mindsets of cultures tend to be different aren't inherently racist - although it can be if done in a derogatory way, which I definitely think Marko did, when he said that they are less focused.

With that said, there's a vast difference between that, and say, using a racial slur, like Juri Vips did. People make misguided explanations all the time - but I've personally never felt the need to yell a racial slur at someone of color, even if they wronged me.

I still think RBR should get rid of Marko, but that's not because of this incident alone, but because I think that his time in the game is up. He's a mediocre boss at best (some would say bad), and I think Red Bull can find a more inspirational and talented figure to do his job.

Wouter

ab_f1 wrote:
08 Sep 2023, 22:43
Wouter wrote:
08 Sep 2023, 19:17
ValeVida46 wrote:
08 Sep 2023, 17:54
Red Bull Racing PR have still not uttered a word. The fan affiliated accounts have all issued statements denouncing what was said, with most calling on RB to do the same. Yet still pin drop silence.
What's your point? Helmut Marko has apologized, he doesn't need any help with that.
Why does RBR have to come out with a statement?! He works for Red Bull GmbH and Servus TV is from Red Bull GmbH
and Helmut Marko has come out with a statement at Servus TV. Is that not enough for you? What do you actually want?
Just bashing RBR?
They fired a driver for racist comments and Marko was part of that decision.
He made the original statement on TV but the apology is via PR. Double standards do not go very well.

Most RBR fanbase can see this. For people who cannot see the issue may do better by reading "First they came..."

https://www.hmd.org.uk/resource/first-t ... niemoller/
So you don't allow Helmut Marko to apologize via the Servus TV media, because he said it on TV and so
he MUST ALSO apologize on TV?! It's getting crazier and crazier!

Servus TV uses a geoblock and only people in Austria can watch the broadcasts.
The intention is that people all over the world can read his apology, which is why it was not broadcast on TV,
but now everyone can read it on their site, not only Austrian people.
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Christian Horner exclusive: The secrets to F1 success and his Red Bull future

Sam Cooper

Sitting in the Red Bull team base trackside in Zandvoort, his appearance has changed dramatically since his day in the job.
The medium-length scruffy brown hair has been trimmed, accompanied by a dash of grey as is his well kept beard.
Horner is the great survivor of Formula 1. Appointed at the age of 31, he was three years younger than his senior driver
and while he now no longer be the youngest, he has become one of the most successful bosses in Formula 1 history.

.......... “That’s a very good question,” Christian Horner tells PlanetF1 when asked how he has survived so long.
“I think I’ve never really changed the way I operate from when I came into the sport.

--------------------------

And when that day does finally come, could Horner be tempted to another constructor? For a relationship that began 18 years ago, it should come as no surprise to his answer.

“I couldn’t see myself being with another team,” he said, leaning back in his chair. “I feel so involved, obviously, having been there since the beginning. Having built this team and working with such great people like Adrian [Newey] and so many great, great talents that we have throughout the business.

“I couldn’t envisage putting on a different type of shirt. My commitment is absolute that I’ll continue to do it for as long as I feel motivated and capable.”
https://www.planetf1.com/news/christian ... ll-future/
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Nürburgring today:

For the first time in over ten years, the engines of a Formula 1 car will finally roar on the legendary Nordschleife of the Nürburgring.
Fasten your seatbelts for a top-class motorsport event with the racing stars on two and four wheels!
The four-time Formula One world champion Sebastian Vettel, David Coulthard as a replacement for the injured Daniel Ricciardo
and young star Yuki Tsunoda will be on the grid.
Formula One legends Gerhard Berger and Ralf Schumacher, and endurance driver Mathias Lauda will also be at the starting line.

Seb in the RB7. That Sound!!

Short video of the driversparade: https://tinyurl.com/mz27su5b

David Coulthard will drive the RB8.

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Jenson Button gave his honest thoughts on Lewis Hamilton's comments on Max Verstappen's teammates
and whether or not Lando Norris would be a good fit for Red Bull.
The Power of Dreams!

MtthsMlw

Wouter wrote:
09 Sep 2023, 13:55
Nürburgring today:

For the first time in over ten years, the engines of a Formula 1 car will finally roar on the legendary Nordschleife of the Nürburgring.
Fasten your seatbelts for a top-class motorsport event with the racing stars on two and four wheels!
The four-time Formula One world champion Sebastian Vettel, David Coulthard as a replacement for the injured Daniel Ricciardo
and young star Yuki Tsunoda will be on the grid.
Formula One legends Gerhard Berger and Ralf Schumacher, and endurance driver Mathias Lauda will also be at the starting line.
Just came home from it. Really great fun, I think my personal highlight was the Williams FW25 - had never heard a V10 before.