2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wouter

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

MtthsMlw wrote:
09 Sep 2023, 18:02
Wouter wrote:
09 Sep 2023, 13:55
Nürburgring today:

For the first time in over ten years, the engines of a Formula 1 car will finally roar on the legendary Nordschleife of the Nürburgring.
Fasten your seatbelts for a top-class motorsport event with the racing stars on two and four wheels!
The four-time Formula One world champion Sebastian Vettel, David Coulthard as a replacement for the injured Daniel Ricciardo
and young star Yuki Tsunoda will be on the grid.
Formula One legends Gerhard Berger and Ralf Schumacher, and endurance driver Mathias Lauda will also be at the starting line.
Just came home from it. Really great fun, I think my personal highlight was the Williams FW25 - had never heard a V10 before.
WOW! Did you also meet these two? And did you hear/see the RB7 and RB8?

The guy with the short hair is Seb. :lol:

The Power of Dreams!

vorticism

Regarding Monza: Ten consecutive P1s seems like more of an achievement considering how much the performance of the other teams have seen such a mix up during that same time span.
𓄀

MtthsMlw

Wouter wrote:
09 Sep 2023, 19:52
MtthsMlw wrote:
Wouter wrote:
Nürburgring today:

For the first time in over ten years, the engines of a Formula 1 car will finally roar on the legendary Nordschleife of the Nürburgring.
Fasten your seatbelts for a top-class motorsport event with the racing stars on two and four wheels!
The four-time Formula One world champion Sebastian Vettel, David Coulthard as a replacement for the injured Daniel Ricciardo
Formula One legends Gerhard Berger and Ralf Schumacher, and endurance driver Mathias Lauda will also be at the starting line.
Just came home from it. Really great fun, I think my personal highlight was the Williams FW25 - had never heard a V10 before.

https://imgur.com/f0YwY7S.jpg
Yes definitely. Was like 3m from Seb but it was very crowed.
At the end Vettel and Coulthard did quite a lot of donuts next to each other after completing a second lap around the Nordschleife.

Wouter

MtthsMlw wrote:
09 Sep 2023, 20:05
Wouter wrote:
09 Sep 2023, 19:52
MtthsMlw wrote:

https://imgur.com/f0YwY7S.jpg
Yes definitely. Was like 3m from Seb but it was very crowed.
At the end Vettel and Coulthard did quite a lot of donuts next to each other after completing a second lap around the Nordschleife.
That must have been awesome/insane!! I saw it on Twitter, also the donuts and one lap. A visitor posted it.
Two great guys Seb and Coulthard.
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Driver61 @Driver61 . 1.09 mln subscribers

Max Verstappen has a REALLY distinctive driving style, and it reminds me A LOT of how Michael Schumacher drove. So much so, that I’ve been comparing their onboards, and it’s been SUPER interesting.

Max Verstappen drives with a Schumacher style, but one that’s been adapted for the cars of now. Let me explain.

Schumacher drove with a distinctive style, he liked a lot of oversteer in his cars. Meaning he liked the balance of grip in the car to favour the front axle.

So he would like the aero balance, the weight distribution and rake of the car to all favour the front - giving him incredible front-end grip through the corners.

This meant he could rotate the car VERY quickly, pivoting it in the middle of the corner.
The Power of Dreams!

Farnborough
Farnborough

Its a characteristic thats very useful certainly, sharp on th nose response that fits some styles naturally better than others.

On car footage I like to see, Schumacher, Benneton, Portugal through corner two, Hakkiinen, Mclaren Portugal, New chicane uphill section, Rikhonen, Mclaren Belgium, pouhon........

All converting onset of fast oversteer as the chassis steps out rear with reaction/interaction that would make a cat appear slow.

All world champions, all brutally fast........coincidence? I dont think so :D

Stu

Tvetovnato wrote:
10 Sep 2023, 09:01
langedweil wrote:
10 Sep 2023, 00:34
west52keep64 wrote:
08 Sep 2023, 23:41
Not bashing RBR, Helmut Marko was blatantly racist and that needs calling out. If you disagree with that, your are part of the problem rather than part of the solution.

#WeRaceAsOne

PS - Moderators, I am certainly interested to see how you approach this.
God, the karma police has arrived here as well. Pls take that blm-level nonsense somewhere else whilst #weraceforglory
The reason the discussion about it continues in this thread is because some people feel the need to desperately defend Marko’s words, like they are some hired lawyers that are paid by the team to represent them in court. It’s a problem not only related to this, but to other topics as well.

One approach could also be to just say ”yeah, that was a sh**ty comment by that guy again, shame he never learns” and move on and leave it behind, and the discussion would die then and there (or not comment at all). And you wouldn’t have to put up with seeing this calling out of horrible human behaviour anymore in here that you find so incredibly annoying to see.
To draw a line under all of this, there have been more posts calling these comments out than defending them (in fact there are no posts that I have seen that actively defend the comment - many seeking to explain & draw attention to the actual quote), there are many more posts that are seeking to redefine the quote and extend it into a racist slur and calling for blood - a lynch-mob mentality.

This toxic behaviour needs to stop, is not acceptable and will be dealt with appropriately - this will take time.
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

vorticism

Not full beans but we can confirm they fit on the track. Now thinking about an RB6 or RB7 Evo, uncorked, skirts, 2017 tires, afterburners in the EBD exhausts, outdoing the 919 Evo laptime...

MtthsMlw wrote:
Wouter wrote:
Nürburgring today:

It makes an impression. From a distance they sound almost eerie.
𓄀

chrisc90

vorticism wrote:
10 Sep 2023, 20:38
https://cdn-7.motorsport.com/images/mgl ... ull-1.webp

Not full beans but we can confirm they fit on the track. Now thinking about an RB6 or RB7 Evo, uncorked, skirts, 2017 tires, afterburners in the EBD exhausts, outdoing the 919 Evo laptime...

Looks so wrong but oh so right!

Got to give credit to Red Bull for their marketing and show work. Literally are unrivalled really with stuff like that

vorticism

chrisc90 wrote:
10 Sep 2023, 20:57
Got to give credit to Red Bull for their marketing and show work. Literally are unrivalled really with stuff like that
Wait til you see the RB17...

tfw your team defined the shape of F1 cars for two regulation changes in a row.
𓄀

vorticism

𓄀

organic

The team runs the car very aggressively riding the plank... FIA have revised TD039 for Singapore with more focus on how teams are avoiding plank wear with flexible joints/discontinuities at the reference plane. This could definitely hurt the car more than others :? Only time will tell

PackFansXL
PackFansXL

The FIA seems desperate to reduce engineering advantages gained by the better teams. They mistakenly believe tight races where lucky breaks determine winners would be better for the spectators and the sport. I like F1 because it is actually engineering as a competitive sport watched by millions of spectators around the world. Removing engineering advantages would make it more like watching people playing Bingo and trying to get enjoyment from their excitement with their luck.

organic

Paul Monaghan on Checo and Max’s car setup difference:
“They're very close”

“[Sergio] is quite close to Max with this car in terms of his set-up preferences and his choices. It makes it a little bit easier going forward with this one”

“His approach to it is very similar to Max, the differences are so small and with this car I'd say it's perhaps less than 2021 car”

vorticism

organic wrote:
11 Sep 2023, 17:58
The team runs the car very aggressively riding the plank... FIA have revised TD039 for Singapore with more focus on how teams are avoiding plank wear with flexible joints/discontinuities at the reference plane. This could definitely hurt the car more than others :? Only time will tell
Didn't seem to affect them last year. IIRC Ferrari were hurt the most by it last year.
𓄀