2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
organic

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

ringo wrote:
15 Sep 2023, 03:45
When he says our car does he mean his chassis vs perez? :P
Because i dont see redbull having any kind of challenge at Singapore.
The car will be strong. Ferrari and Mclaren may warm the tyres quicker but once up to temps RB19 should go well.
The rb19 doesn't like bumps or kerbs that much. Monaco and Canada the team arrived with a setup that could not be used and the margin at these races was the lowest it's been all season

Singapore is similarly stop-go and bumpy so the car won't be in its happy place.

They have mentioned a few times about how this is the car's biggest weakness. And Singapore doesn't really allow its key strengths - DRS efficiency, wide working window for different corner types, and tyre wear - to shine as much either

So yes I think the chassis will struggle more here compared to elsewhere.
Last edited by organic on 15 Sep 2023, 04:30, edited 1 time in total.

ringo

organic wrote:
15 Sep 2023, 03:51
ringo wrote:
The car will be strong. Ferrari and Mclaren may warm the tyres quicker but once up to temps RB19 should go well.
The rb19 doesn't like bumps or kerbs that much. Monaco and Canada the team arrived with a setup that could not be used and the margin at these races was the lowest it's been all season

Singapore is similarly stop-go and bumpy so the car won't be in its happy place.

They have mentioned a few times about how this is the car's biggest weakness. And Singapore doesn't really allow its key strengths - DRS efficiency, wide working window for different corner types, and tyre wear - to shine as much either

I think the car can be setup to deal with curbs. Even Monza I do not think there were issues with curbs. Maybe something else will suffer if the platform is made to be less firm. But going by past performances this year, this car's "weak points" are more like the less greater characteristics than actual weakness that could be exploited by the other teams. Perez has won at the street tracks convincingly to the other cars, and mostly because Max had a bad weekend. If Max has a clean run up to the race, I do not think another car will worry Redbull. Aston could be close, but it's no longer the start of the season, and they are quite average now.

Speaking of potential weaknesses. Does any one notice that Checo never says anything about the car in detail as Max does? He never really pinpoints any problems, or highlights any particular strengths in the car. This makes it even harder to gauge this car. You would think the weaker driver would be more aware of the things that limit his confidence.
For Sure!!

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

AR3-GP wrote:
15 Sep 2023, 04:28
ringo wrote:
Mclaren and Williams are the teams that one should focus on if one is worried about parity of equipment.
Do you think all teams bring identical cars to all races?

I think we had a thread on this.

Do you want to expand on your thoughts on that thread instead of this one?
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

organic

AMuS:
Tech upgrades GP Singapore 1/3

Red Bull: Floor Edge, Rear Wing Endplate
Last edited by organic on 15 Sep 2023, 09:54, edited 1 time in total.

Wouter

Perez clearly has more difficulty with the RB19.
In recent months it has been suggested several times that the car was built around Verstappen. Speaking to the international media in Singapore, Perez calls these stories nonsense:
"No, I really can't say that the car is built around Max. Sometimes it just happens that when you introduce updates, one driver benefits more. You also see that happening with other teams."

The Mexican is also of the opinion that no specific updates are being made for Verstappen:
"There are really no updates being introduced specifically for one driver. The team is just trying to make the car as fast as possible.
We have made a lot of progress this season and we have had to adjust a few things after certain updates."
The Power of Dreams!

Juzh

ringo wrote:
15 Sep 2023, 05:58
organic wrote:
15 Sep 2023, 03:51
ringo wrote:

I think the car can be setup to deal with curbs. Even Monza I do not think there were issues with curbs.
Not the case. Verstappen was intentionally avoiding all kerbs, meanwhile ferrari jumped over all and sometimes even brushed the orange ones.

very evident in these clips from quali

basti313
basti313

Puh..."very"? I think Sainz was a bit more aggressive in the first two chicanes and Max was just very clean avoiding errors...but judging a car specialty from this?
Don`t russel the hamster!

Juzh

basti313 wrote:
15 Sep 2023, 11:06
Puh..."very"? I think Sainz was a bit more aggressive in the first two chicanes and Max was just very clean avoiding errors...but judging a car specialty from this?
Verstappen was doing this all the time, not just in quali, it's just that I have these two clips ready to show. It's not like versatppen cant drive and is missing apexes every single lap like some amateur. It is in fact very easy to deduce car's behaviour from this footage. Couple this to continuous comments made by the team and drivers and it's easy to make a connection.

basti313
basti313

Juzh wrote:
15 Sep 2023, 11:09
basti313 wrote:
15 Sep 2023, 11:06
Verstappen was doing this all the time, not just in quali, it's just that I have these two clips ready to show.
No worry, that is an excellent post and discussion. Your two clips are perfect.
Juzh wrote:
15 Sep 2023, 11:09
It's not like versatppen cant drive and is missing apexes every single lap like some amateur. It is in fact very easy to deduce car's behaviour from this footage. Couple this to continuous comments made by the team and drivers and it's easy to make a connection.
Well...this I have to challenge:
At least in the clip he is not missing apexes, he is super clean.
Why should you set up a car for the kerbs if you do not have to? The car is easily fastest when they set it up for a clean line through the corners. This is very similar to Mercedes on domination (excluding FRIC time), they simply avoided kerbs.
In contrast Monaco, I still do not get the Monaco comment before:
In Monaco there is one single deciding kerb at the swimming pool. Every other kerb is either not deciding as you go rather straight over it or just flat. If I remember it correctly S1 and S2 do not have any higher kerbs, only flat.
On the other hand the kerb at the swimming pool is super relevant and this is the one that Max took full and was flying in S3 accordingly.
so if we want to make an argument about kerbs....RedBull actually showed in Monaco that they are excellent on one of the most dangerous and difficult kerbs in the calendar.
Don`t russel the hamster!

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Well, it’s a car. Not much to say about FP1. It’s difficult to know who is doing what during the session.

Wouter

ValeVida46 wrote:
15 Sep 2023, 13:34
He is not part of Red Bull Racing, that is why, we did not put out a statement, however, he is part of the bigger Red Bull Company Group, for which they have put out a comment
https://www.motorsportweek.com/2023/09/ ... -on-marko/

Horner perhaps isn't aware that Marko is listed as a director of Red Bull Racing. I mean :shock:
This comes from a huge Mercedes fan. I am not surprised. Read the comments below the Twitter message.

Jordan ¹⁰³
@F1_Jordan
25 🇬🇧 | Software Architect | Motorsport |#LH44 #GR63 #FQ20
East Midlands, England
Red Bull Racing team boss Christian Horner spoke out about the matter for the first time in Singapore. The Brit is clear about his position, he shares his views in conversation with Sky Sports: "These statements were wrong. I think Helmut quickly realized this and then quickly apologized publicly and directly to Checo. You learn your whole for life, even at the age of eighty. We must learn lessons from this."
Statement

Horner indicates that no one within Red Bull has anything against Perez. The team boss also explains why his team did not release a statement: "Checo is a popular team member. He is extremely important. I have personally done everything I can to get him in 2021. We have a worldwide following and we will accept that. very seriously. This is Checo's 250th race and that is what we want to focus on. Helmut said sorry, but he is not an employee of Red Bull Racing. That is why we have not released a statement. He is part of the Red Bull group and that have released a statement via Servus TV."
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

TNTHead wrote:
15 Sep 2023, 14:34
ValeVida46 wrote:
15 Sep 2023, 13:34
He is not part of Red Bull Racing, that is why, we did not put out a statement, however, he is part of the bigger Red Bull Company Group, for which they have put out a comment
https://www.motorsportweek.com/2023/09/ ... -on-marko/

Horner perhaps isn't aware that Marko is listed as a director of Red Bull Racing. I mean :shock:
https://twitter.com/F1_Jordan/status/17 ... 73/photo/1
What's the point going on about this. I think Perez' comments are clear enough to close the case.
@ValeVida46 and the Twitter guy Jordan ¹⁰³ are both huge Mercedes fans and like to stir things up.
See my message above this one.

<mod edit: finger pointing removed>
The Power of Dreams!

chrisc90

Being a director doesn’t automatically mean he’s a employee.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Singapore 2015 vibes this weekend? Verstappen says no grip.

ali623
ali623

They'll sort it out for tomorrow