2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
f1universe
f1universe

Re: 2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

Cherish the podium we have because you are not going to see more for the rest of the year, xD

Juzh

diffuser wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 15:39
Juzh wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 15:32
diffuser wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 15:30

Really?
Yes, i'll have clip later on if not already on reddit or somewhere
Did they get out? When did he pick it up?
they didn't, it was still there on softs. im not sure when he picked it up but probably very soon after seargent went into the wall
look at the front left suspension.
https://imgur.com/QxiJC0a

edit. this is the area to look for:
Last edited by Juzh on 17 Sep 2023, 16:46, edited 3 times in total.

Alonso Fan

p6 was possible today without driver and team errors

car seemed decent on green track and used tyres aka practice race runs. as track rubbered in we went backwards in pace. after qualifying everyone expecting a win was dreaming. but after quali i did hope for p3 or 4 with some beneficial safety car or a good start. but we were just plain slow today
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

Juzh

Alonso Fan wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 16:13

car seemed decent on green track and used tyres aka practice race runs. as track rubbered in we went backwards in pace. after qualifying everyone expecting a win was dreaming. but after quali i did hope for p3 or 4 with some beneficial safety car or a good start. but we were just plain slow today
Do people ever read the thread before posting? Alonso had a compromised car from williams' debris from around lap 21 onwards. Thats why he couldnt pass perez and why he got passed himself. Lock-up was a very obvious consequence of this.

Alonso Fan

Juzh wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 16:17
Alonso Fan wrote:

Do people ever read the thread before posting? Alonso had a compromised car from williams' debris from around lap 21 onwards. Thats why he couldnt pass perez and why he got passed himself. Lock-up was a very obvious consequence of this.
where did i mention the lock up? i was talking about his trip across the pit lane line. without that 5 sec penalty p6 was possible regardless of debris
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Juzh

Alonso Fan wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 16:20
Juzh wrote:
Alonso Fan wrote:

where did i mention the lock up? i was talking about his trip across the pit lane line. without that 5 sec penalty p6 was possible regardless of debris
I dont know how :?: maybe i've missed something.

Alonso Fan

Juzh wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 16:12
diffuser wrote:
Juzh wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 15:32

Yes, i'll have clip later on if not already on reddit or somewhere
they didn't, it was still there on softs. im not sure when he picked it up but probably very soon after seargent went into the wall
https://streamable.com/z5dufe

https://i.imgur.com/CGVQF6X.jpg
this is a shadow, not debris. simply a trick on the eyes

image from lap 3

SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

GoranF1
GoranF1

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Alonso Fan

Juzh wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 16:28
Alonso Fan wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 16:20
Juzh wrote:

I dont know how :?: maybe i've missed something.
why don't you know how? it's not that difficult. avoid 5 sec penalty and don't pit under VSC. simple. he had p6 after the red bulls pitted. he just had to hold onto it till the end. but they risked a pitstop in the VSC. even without the pitstop in VSC, yes he would have been overtaken by verstappen but then russell crashed out. Gasly was never a threat. ocon already retired by the time the VSC came out
Last edited by Alonso Fan on 17 Sep 2023, 16:33, edited 1 time in total.
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

"undriveable" - Alonso.

Juzh

Alonso Fan wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 16:29
Juzh wrote:
diffuser wrote:

image from lap 3

https://i.ibb.co/MR1kp3W/image.png
It's not a shadow, It's there from lap 2 onwards, I checked :wink: so it must have been from perez-tsunoda clash. Very unlucky. It's flapping around even worse in those early laps.

Alonso Fan

Juzh wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 16:33
Alonso Fan wrote:
Juzh wrote:

image from lap 3

It's not a shadow, It's there from lap 2 onwards, I checked :wink: so it must have been from perez-tsunoda clash. Very unlucky. It's flapping around even worse in those early laps.
you're right, lap 2, turn 5 onwards it's there. you said lap 21 before
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

diffuser

Juzh wrote:
Alonso Fan wrote:

Lol,I was thinking the same thing.

Juzh

Alonso Fan wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 16:37
Juzh wrote:
Alonso Fan wrote:

image from lap 3

well, sorry then mate for not going over entire alo onboard in 30 mins after race ended. at least we spotted it and we have explanation for poor performance, and can now stop mindlessly blaming alonso and the team. I'm certain pitlane error and lockup are direct consequence of debris.

diffuser

Juzh wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 16:41
Alonso Fan wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 16:37
Juzh wrote:

well, sorry then mate for not going over entire alo onboard in 30 mins after race ended. at least we spotted it and we have explanation for poor performance, and can now stop mindlessly blaming alonso and the team. I'm certain pitlane error and lockup are direct consequence of debris.
I will say that their rims get stuck too often on tire changes. They need to figure out why and improve that for next year.