2023 Singapore Grand Prix - Marina Bay, Sep 15 -17

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Re: 2023 Singapore Grand Prix - Marina Bay, Sep 15 -17

napoleon1981 wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 16:49
Just_a_fan wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 16:46
napoleon1981 wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 16:44

Lol, yes losing by 0.5s on Saturday is better then driving it into the wall on Sunday. Duh. Those are the hallmarks of a great drive?
Maximising points return is one of the hallmarks, yes.
Not sure if it was maximized when there was a potential win on the table and the car had potential for pole as Georged showed. Hence why i still dont understand it :)
The guy with the potential to win it, according to some, was George. He bottled it.

The guy, Lewis, who got "spanked" by the guy with the potential to win, ended up finishing on the podium 2 places higher than he started the race. Indeed, he looked more likely of the two Mercedes to have had a chance to pass Norris for P2. Shame he messed up qualifying.

One maximised his weekend after a rubbish start to his race weekend, the other came away with nothing after having a great start to his race weekend. One is a greater drive than the other.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

SirBastianVettel
SirBastianVettel

GrizzleBoy wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 16:52
Jesus the drivers look physically ill doing their interviews. Max looks like Mark Webber right now! He's all cheek bones lol.
Kmag looked like he actually died and Günther foksmashed his heart back into rhythm.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

GrizzleBoy wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 16:52
Jesus the drivers look physically ill doing their interviews. Max looks like Mark Webber right now! He's all cheek bones lol.
And we have people saying "the cars are too easy to drive!". :lol:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

If this is a sign of disrespect from Hamilton idk what Zandvoort 2022 is for example...
I just think Russell is overdriving to beat Lewis.
Now its 109 pts to 180 pts in the championship.
Its making him look like Stroll, but he's not.

He was faster all weekend and really on it, but Lewis was faster in this last stint imo
Last edited by Spoutnik on 17 Sep 2023, 16:58, edited 1 time in total.

AMG.Tzan

Just saw Perez’s move on Albon!

Can someone please explain to me why Perez can never accept that a move is just not going to end well!

Lawson’s drive was so good! He even raced Verstapen the way he should while others just let him go whenever they see him! Hopefully this form continues and he should take Perez’s seat!
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

Bill_Kar
Bill_Kar

Piastri also had low-key a good race, huh? I only found out he finished P7, I was engaged at the front. I remember him hovering around P13-P15 during much of the race.

Lawson hats off as well!

bluechris

PlatinumZealot wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 16:51
bluechris wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 16:39
Ok guys, if you feel that Russell was driving happy to have his teammate trying to pass him from behind with no reason at that moment when he is all in to pass, i say that i was wrong.
So teammates aren't supposed to pass each other when they are racing? Unless you believe that they were told to "hold position...."

To me this moves from Hamilton shows disrespect to his teammate who had done a better job this weekend something that isn't accepted it seems.
Huh? So driving faster than you teammate is a sign of disprespect now? Hamilton and Russell didn't even engage in braking zone.

Don't misunderstand me, of course it was Russell mistake what happened but i strongly believe Hamilton pushing wasn't necessary.
So Lewis shouldn't push when there is places to gain? Go it!
In the end there is a team manager that see if a driver is faster and can ask for a swap. That's why i said what i said about Toto.
Total brainfart from MB side and ofcourse this costs alot in championship points where Ferrari benefited closing to MB.
No swaps. George was fighting for a "hopeful win" why would Toto tell them to swap? And Lewis was fighting to get a position... They never had a win secured. It was all fair game.
Not to me and the same i felt when Leclerc was pushing Sainz in the previous race but that was at least totally different.
Both drivers are employed from MB and they follow rules. Now that one binned it is better? Not to me even though i love hard racing but not in this case.
In the life of me we saw a Ferrari driver giving DRS in purpose to a McLaren driver and with that both maximised their points and we discuss that is correct for teammates to fight each other in the penultimate laps where the most crucial is to pass ahead and win for the team?
Last edited by bluechris on 17 Sep 2023, 17:00, edited 1 time in total.

chrisc90

AMG.Tzan wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 16:57

Can someone please explain to me why Perez can never accept that a move is just not going to end well!

Lawson’s drive was so good! He even raced Verstapen the way he should while others just let him go whenever they see him! Hopefully this form continues and he should take Perez’s seat!
A little bit like Rus-Max in the Baku sprint?

bluechris

Just now in post race Russell said he had his mind also on Lewis because he was pushing hard from behind

dialtone
dialtone

bluechris wrote:Just now in post race Russell said he had his mind also on Lewis because he was pushing hard from behind
He should try racing from the couch. More relaxing that way, why bother trying to win.

ringo

bluechris wrote:
Ok guys, if you feel that Russell was driving happy to have his teammate trying to pass him from behind with no reason at that moment when he is all in to pass, i say that i was wrong. To me this moves from Hamilton shows disrespect to his teammate who had done a better job this weekend something that isn't accepted it seems.
Don't misunderstand me, of course it was Russell mistake what happened but i strongly believe Hamilton pushing wasn't necessary.
In the end there is a team manager that see if a driver is faster and can ask for a swap. That's why i said what i said about Toto.
Total brainfart from MB side and ofcourse this costs alot in championship points where Ferrari benefited closing to MB.
So you want hamilton to not race and not try ro win?
Were it Max im sure you would a different opinion and praise the guy for the racer he is.
Last edited by CMSMJ1 on 18 Sep 2023, 11:59, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed personal jibe
For Sure!!

AMG.Tzan

chrisc90 wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 17:00
AMG.Tzan wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 16:57

A little bit like Rus-Max in the Baku sprint?
Nowhere near!

They just touched each other there on a 90 degree corner! This wasn’t a 90 degree turn though which makes it way more difficult to go side by side! Perez came from a mile behind and pretty much ended Albon’s race!

No need to defend Perez! I understand it’s your team but he has done it way too many times now! He’s racing as if he’s playing in a video game never caring if a collision is about to happen…
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

I mean this discussion about Russell being under pressure from Hamilton is ridiculous.
If that was the opposite (Hamilton crashe under pressure and complaining about pressure) we would call him a "diva", and highlight "how he won without competition all these years"
Russell was overdriving and ofc he was nervous because he was faster ALL weekend but not on this last stint

bluechris

ringo wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 17:07
bluechris wrote:
Ok guys, if you feel that Russell was driving happy to have his teammate trying to pass him from behind with no reason at that moment when he is all in to pass, i say that i was wrong. To me this moves from Hamilton shows disrespect to his teammate who had done a better job this weekend something that isn't accepted it seems.
Were it Max im sure you would a different opinion and praise the guy for the racer he is.
Ofcourse he can race and try to win but in what expense?
Anyway you guys don't get me really, bottom line is that the team was on a mission but one driver thought of himself only and we saw the result.
Last edited by CMSMJ1 on 18 Sep 2023, 11:59, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed line in quote

Tvetovnato
Tvetovnato

bluechris wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 17:12
ringo wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 17:07
bluechris wrote:
Ofcourse he can race and try to win but in what expense?
Anyway you guys don't get me really, bottom line is that the team was on a mission but one driver thought of himself only and we saw the result.
I think we get you just fine. You are not the only one on here trying to blame a certain driver for things that are totally uncalled for, just because you happen to dislike that certain driver. We see it all the time.
Last edited by CMSMJ1 on 18 Sep 2023, 12:00, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed line in quote