2023 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Astro85
Astro85

Re: 2023 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

PlatinumZealot wrote:
18 Sep 2023, 14:00
The complexion of the race would be a lot different if George hadn't pushed Lewis off at turn one. It would be two Mercs chasing Sainz to the end.
Pushed him off, that is a corker that one.

Big Tea

Russell is just starting out on his career and while a sure fire second today is nice, it is soon forgotten, while a win of any kind is on his 'CV' for ever.
A few hardly relevant points in not much to 'bet' at his stage
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

PlatinumZealot

Astro85 wrote:
18 Sep 2023, 15:07
PlatinumZealot wrote:
The complexion of the race would be a lot different if George hadn't pushed Lewis off at turn one. It would be two Mercs chasing Sainz to the end.
When Bottas and Lewis were teammates they left each other space so that both cars can make the corner. George just held the line as if he was fighting Lewis. He reminds me so much of Button a smooth talker that's hyperfocussed on beating Lewis to the point of unnecessarily fighting and causing the team points.

It would be more prudent to pull a little more to the left so that Lewis can at least ride the curb to better block Norris. After that he is is the lead car so he will always get first preference on strategy if he felt he could fight for the win.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Astro85
Astro85

PlatinumZealot wrote:
18 Sep 2023, 16:30
Astro85 wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:
When Bottas and Lewis were teammates they left each other space so that both cars can make the corner. George just held the line as if he was fighting Lewis. He reminds me so much of Button a smooth talker that's hyperfocussed on beating Lewis to the point of unnecessarily fighting and causing the team points.

It would be more prudent to pull a little more to the left so that Lewis can at least ride the curb to better block Norris. After that he is is the lead car so he will always get first preference on strategy if he felt he could fight for the win.
Hilarious post, I mean how dare Russell try and defend against a move that had zero chance of being on.

Astro85
Astro85

Onboard Hamilton's fastest lap, it looks as though he's not even pushing, almost like an outlap, just shows how poor and delicate the tyres are.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Astro85 wrote:
18 Sep 2023, 16:44
Onboard Hamilton's fastest lap, it looks as though he's not even pushing, almost like an outlap, just shows how poor and delicate the tyres are.

You are watching a lap which is 5 seconds slower than the pole time so it's no wonder why it looks so slow but this is generally because cars are much slower in race trim with fuel onboard.

Astro85
Astro85

AR3-GP wrote:
18 Sep 2023, 17:00
Astro85 wrote:

You are watching a lap which is 5 seconds slower than the pole time so it's no wonder why it looks so slow but this is generally because cars are much slower in race trim with fuel onboard.
Obviously, but, by the time he set that lap I doubt we are talking 2 secs time lost, they have to treat those tyres like new born babies, it doesn't look close to pushing flat out.

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

Astro85 wrote:

I watched it this morning it's quite impressive, given the car was light on fuel... Really really smooth driving, I was watching French GP 2004 last week with Alonso crazy steering input at Renault + refueling it's two different world :lol:

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Spoutnik wrote:
18 Sep 2023, 17:15
Astro85 wrote:

I watched it this morning it's quite impressive, given the car was light on fuel... Really really smooth driving, I was watching French GP 2004 last week with Alonso crazy steering input at Renault + refueling it's two different world :lol:
And it sets the lap record for the new Singapore layout. Taking out the old T16-T19 section and replacing with a straight took 6 seconds out of the lap record time. No doubt with better tyres - say the soft on a last lap glory run - the time would be significantly faster still.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

organic

The crash was karma for Russell

Canada and now Singapore. Anyone else feels like Russell's rookie season is this year

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

Astro85 wrote:
18 Sep 2023, 16:40
PlatinumZealot wrote:
Astro85 wrote:

Hilarious post, I mean how dare Russell try and defend against a move that had zero chance of being on.
I agree. The late braking at heavy weight at race start around the outside was mega. But he steered the car into a dead end. Nothing RUS did. It just wasn’t a move that was on sadly!

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

PlatinumZealot wrote:
Astro85 wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:

Russell would have needed ESP to know Hamilton was going to be there and even if he did, Hamilton wasn't really entitled to space. That's the trouble with coming from a long way back. No one is going to see you coming. They pick their trajectories before you arrive on the scene.

dans79

AR3-GP wrote:
18 Sep 2023, 17:00
Astro85 wrote:

He also had to do 15 more laps on those tires. running them into the ground would be idiotic!
201 105 104 9 9 7

dialtone
dialtone

AR3-GP wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:
Astro85 wrote:

Russell would have needed ESP to know Hamilton was going to be there and even if he did, Hamilton wasn't really entitled to space. That's the trouble with coming from a long way back. No one is going to see you coming. They pick their trajectories before you arrive on the scene.
Yeah Hamilton’s move was so extreme that I would want to see telemetry of his speed there vs next lap because I think Stewards basically saw that he passed Norris because he had no intention of making the corner.

I’m not saying he wasn’t going to make it but his speed was high and he just went straight very quickly after George allegedly pushed him.

Luscion
Luscion

Spoutnik wrote:
18 Sep 2023, 17:15
Astro85 wrote:

It's the most compliant I've seen the W14, doing everything he wants it to