2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Re: 2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

A suspension fairing dangling in front of the venturi inlet would be very inconvenient.

diffuser

AR3-GP wrote:
19 Sep 2023, 00:17
A suspension fairing dangling in front of the venturi inlet would be very inconvenient.
It will probably worse turning left, like for a pit entry, than turning right. Turning right pulls it away fron the center tunnel.

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

diffuser wrote:
18 Sep 2023, 20:06
I don't want to go down that Fallows route again. They've picked up more than just Fallows. He probably has the bigger name cause when McLaren went after Promondous and Fallows. Fallow was the one that RBR wouldn't let go. Plus if Fallows used everything he learned from Newey to improve the car this year, you think they would have a more similar aero strategy. If the AMR23 looked more like the McLaren, you'd probably be able to argue that.
There was also the move, sure that had some effect.

Think you really have to wait for the year after they have the tunnel built to judge.
Agree. We may get to know by year or two. May be in 2026 we will get clear picture of him and how good he is.

collindsilva
collindsilva

Suppose the recent updates makes the car behavior very unpredictable, why can't they revert to early 2023 spec on one car and run updates on second car, since stroll is not scoring any points, he can run the former spec. This may provide useful in developing next year car...

peewon

AR3-GP wrote:
18 Sep 2023, 20:12
Why is everything being put down to fallows? F1 is way more complicated than that.
Not blaming Fallows. Like I said he has a strong reputation. I only mentioned Fallows because he came from RB so its plausible (not saying it as fact) some of the baseline knowledge came from there. Same applies to any moving staff. So we have to wait a season or two before we can definitively say that AM has strong off season development. Right now, you cannot take it for granted because of one off season where a lot of people came from outside.

NAPI10
NAPI10

Alonso's record of reaching Q3 every race this season will be broken at Suzuka?
Last year was not bad for AM but all these updates mess they are into difficult to predict anything.

mclaren111

How it Started vs How it's Going...

diffuser

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/asto ... /10522318/

Alonso had looked strong on long runs in Friday practice in Singapore, and Krack admitted that the team needed to review what went wrong over the course of the weekend.

"We need to really understand what happened," he said. "We also have a little bit of damage on the car that we need to understand, how much it did.

"We had an issue on one of the suspension fairings, an aero part. We saw it on the pitstop, and we saw it in the pictures.

NAPI10
NAPI10

diffuser wrote:
19 Sep 2023, 15:44

Alonso had looked strong on long runs in Friday practice in Singapore, and Krack admitted that the team needed to review what went wrong over the course of the weekend.

"We need to really understand what happened," he said. "We also have a little bit of damage on the car that we need to understand, how much it did.

"We had an issue on one of the suspension fairings, an aero part. We saw it on the pitstop, and we saw it in the pictures.
In post race interview Alonso was saying ,'its all abt temperature & we went too hard'.
Don't know if that implies to overall weekend or specific incident during race. Lance as well complaint about car sliding too much but I wont go too much into that side of garage.

hairy_scotsman
hairy_scotsman

NAPI10 wrote:
19 Sep 2023, 15:51
In post race interview Alonso was saying ,'its all abt temperature & we went too hard'.
Don't know if that implies to overall weekend or specific incident during race. Lance as well complaint about car sliding too much but I wont go too much into that side of garage.
I wonder ... too hard in terms of tire compounds, or pushing too hard and overheating the tires?
Follow me on twitter @Austin_F1 ...

issey
issey

NAPI10 wrote:
diffuser wrote:

Since the latest updates Aston Martin struggles with overheating tyres thats why they struggled with grip in Singapore as the tyres have no time to cool down, Suzuka won’t be better because of the High Speed corners

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

issey wrote:
19 Sep 2023, 17:49
NAPI10 wrote:
diffuser wrote:

Since the latest updates Aston Martin struggles with overheating tyres thats why they struggled with grip in Singapore as the tyres have no time to cool down, Suzuka won’t be better because of the High Speed corners
Yep it's going to be bad like Monza. Tires overheating and driving on ice.

diffuser

AR3-GP wrote:
19 Sep 2023, 18:34
issey wrote:
NAPI10 wrote:

Suzuka is high DF. Monza was Low DF, which led to the issues there. I don't expect the same issues there.

I still think all the issues at Singapore were likely all down to the damage. So we're really running away with the doom and gloom for nothing.
Last edited by diffuser on 19 Sep 2023, 18:51, edited 1 time in total.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

diffuser wrote:
19 Sep 2023, 18:51
AR3-GP wrote:
issey wrote:
Suzuka is high DF. Monza was Low DF, which led to the issues there.

I still think all the issues at Singapore were likely all down to the damage. So we're really running away with the doom and gloom for nothing.
Suzuka is not high downforce. It's like Spa. A medium downforce circuit.

I'm not dooming and glooming. I have no feelings about an inanimate object :lol: . Objectively the car just looks horrible to drive and Stroll has not gotten out of Q1 in the last 2 rounds.

diffuser

AR3-GP wrote:
diffuser wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:

Suzuka is high DF. Monza was Low DF, which led to the issues there.

Suzuka is not high downforce. It's like Spa. A medium downforce circuit.

I'm not dooming and glooming. I have no feelings about an inanimate object :lol: . Objectively the car just looks horrible to drive and Stroll has not gotten out of Q1 in the last 2 rounds.
Sorry I meant higher DF.