Aston Martin AMR23

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Farnborough
Farnborough

Re: Aston Martin AMR23

Perhaps a strain gauge to assess flex during practice ? Data gathering ?

Looks even like a "mass" that could change resonance and attempting to cancel oscillation amplification.

Have to watch for use over FPs etc, on one car or both ?

organic

Seems the winglet on the rear is posing problems again

Marc.W

It absolutely makes no sense to keep it, even if it gives laptime if you're just going to loose it again in the pit stops

SSJ4
SSJ4

Do we have any front wing shots yet?

KimiRai
KimiRai

Marc.W wrote:
21 Sep 2023, 09:48
It absolutely makes no sense to keep it, even if it gives laptime if you're just going to loose it again in the pit stops
Unless you could make it so you don't lose in the pitstops while also gaining laptime, which is what they are trying to do but it seems to be failing so far .

-wkst-
-wkst-

organic wrote:
21 Sep 2023, 07:08
Don't know if anything's new but photo from AMuS from pitlane of front wings outside garage

https://i.imgur.com/Qq3TJOY.jpeg
At this front wing the brackets on the main plane are the same like on the previous versions (easy to see with the aramco logo) but the bracket to the top flap is changed to the inside. No idea what they are trying to do there.

One thing wonders me:
They toy around with diffusor winglets and modified rear jacks, wouldn't it be instead a good idea to concenrate fully on the weak points of the car...

noshbloke

-wkst- wrote:
21 Sep 2023, 10:15
organic wrote:
21 Sep 2023, 07:08
Don't know if anything's new but photo from AMuS from pitlane of front wings outside garage

https://i.imgur.com/Qq3TJOY.jpeg
At this front wing the brackets on the main plane are the same like on the previous versions (easy to see with the aramco logo) but the bracket to the top flap is changed to the inside. No idea what they are trying to do there.

One thing wonders me:
They toy around with diffusor winglets and modified rear jacks, wouldn't it be instead a good idea to concenrate fully on the weak points of the car...
agree, and also im not impress with their floor

KimiRai
KimiRai

-wkst- wrote:
21 Sep 2023, 10:15
One thing wonders me:
If I'm wrong I'll be happy to be corrected, but with a different amount of people working on different areas of the car I doubt it would be as easy as that. The staff working on those rear parts and doing their job trying to find any gains (like with this small spoiler) probably have little to do with those weak points. Not sure it'd be a good idea to cancel development elsewhere in order to make everyone work on the same task.

-wkst-
-wkst-

Naturally, but with their nervous rear end maybe ressources could be spent a little bit wiser.

Anyway, look at picture 4 from Albert Fabrega, all three front wings we saw since yesterday (with different brackets and/or flaps). Obviously they want to test the flexibility or something related.

KimiRai
KimiRai

-wkst- wrote:
20 Sep 2023, 14:01
Very hard to compare it from this perspective with the previous version. The brackets on the main plane changed, there are only 2 (instead of 3) and they are located nearer to the outside.
Is this the new front wing that we've been hearing for weeks in rumours prior to Singapore but didn't arrive?

-wkst-
-wkst-

What do I know?
However the yesterday reported "new front wing" on some twitter channels is the left bottom one in my opinion.

diffuser

Farnborough wrote:
21 Sep 2023, 09:03

Looks even like a "mass" that could change resonance and attempting to cancel oscillation amplification.

You think they'd make it thicker on one side to do that ?

KimiRai
KimiRai

-wkst- wrote:
21 Sep 2023, 13:32
What do I know?
However the yesterday reported "new front wing" on some twitter channels is the left bottom one in my opinion.
I say this because the source who talked about the supposed new front wing for Singapore keeps being insistent that they should've brought it but instead we could see it in the next races. Either it's delusion or for whatever reason it didn't come to Singapore, so if that's really a new one (we'll see in the fia document) then it may be the one from the rumours.

Farnborough
Farnborough

diffuser wrote:
21 Sep 2023, 13:41
Farnborough wrote:
21 Sep 2023, 09:03

You think they'd make it thicker on one side to do that ?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F6i9S2zWUAE ... ame=medium
I dont know the answer, but plausible in that the clamp onto pylon would be moving with the chassis input, but with a reference weight they could possibly map the frequency to understand how that fits with vulnerability.

A hypothesis, but we've seen some fairly extreme "flapping" on single pylon mounted wings from various teams this year.

diffuser

This wing:

is the same as this wing:

But not the same as the one hanging from the ceiling ....