2023 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
LionsHeart
LionsHeart

Re: 2023 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

mwillems wrote:
22 Sep 2023, 10:01
LionsHeart wrote:
22 Sep 2023, 09:59
mwillems wrote:
22 Sep 2023, 09:50

There's no misconception about the different teams wings at Monaco and the wings at Singapore, the differences are extreme and obvious, if you ignore that, I can see your point. But you cannot.
We passed.
Passed?
Look, yesterday I was trying to figure out what you meant by the average downforce of the rear wing spec for Singapore. I agree with you that this is not the maximum downforce, moreover, the beam wing is also not at maximum downforce, as I could understand and assume. This allowed the team to have a fairly high downforce, but at the same time be fast on the straights.

Let's say, if we compare with the specification for Monaco, then in Singapore we lost 5% in downforce, but in terms of drag we lost 10%. The efficiency is higher, right? The team is solving the problems of high drag that we saw in the first third of the season. And that's great.

And I admit that this is why you said that this wing creates medium downforce, and I told you that it is high downforce. I provided arguments and photographs. I also like to think like you and search for the truth.

A few comments above, I didn’t understand what deg means. I am not an Englishman and I don’t understand all your abbreviated words. Therefore, I asked the comrade what he meant. Where and who am I trying to teach here?

Sometimes it seems that some people here are too sensitive. I don’t want to offend or offend anyone. Just getting closer to the truth. No more.

Who suggested yesterday that we move to another thread to discuss the rear wing? Then did the fellow moderator intervene? I don't want to get banned for something I'm not guilty of. :)

We've already discussed this before. I respond to comments the way I understand the people here. If I don’t understand, then I ask a counter question. How else? This is a forum.

mwillems

LionsHeart wrote:
22 Sep 2023, 10:12
mwillems wrote:
22 Sep 2023, 10:01
LionsHeart wrote:
22 Sep 2023, 09:59

We passed.
Passed?
Look, yesterday I was trying to figure out what you meant by the average downforce of the rear wing spec for Singapore. I agree with you that this is not the maximum downforce, moreover, the beam wing is also not at maximum downforce, as I could understand and assume. This allowed the team to have a fairly high downforce, but at the same time be fast on the straights.

Let's say, if we compare with the specification for Monaco, then in Singapore we lost 5% in downforce, but in terms of drag we lost 10%. The efficiency is higher, right? The team is solving the problems of high drag that we saw in the first third of the season. And that's great.

And I admit that this is why you said that this wing creates medium downforce, and I told you that it is high downforce. I provided arguments and photographs. I also like to think like you and search for the truth.

A few comments above, I didn’t understand what degg means. I am not an Englishman and I don’t understand all your abbreviated words. Therefore, I asked the comrade what he meant. Where and who am I trying to teach here?

Sometimes it seems that some people here are too sensitive. I don’t want to offend or offend anyone. Just getting closer to the truth. No more.

Who suggested yesterday that we move to another thread to discuss the rear wing? Then did the fellow moderator intervene? I don't want to get banned for something I'm not guilty of. :)

We've already discussed this before. I respond to comments the way I understand the people here. If I don’t understand, then I ask a counter question. How else? This is a forum.
I think english isn't your first language and you take a very narrow focus on your interpretation to be honest, and then it is hard to move you away from it.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

organic

I think Lando will be fighting for p2 tomorrow with Ferraris and Perez. Perez probably qualifies low and will be a late threat in race with RB degradation being their main strength

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

mwillems wrote:
22 Sep 2023, 10:00
LionsHeart wrote:
22 Sep 2023, 09:54
trinidefender wrote:
22 Sep 2023, 09:47

I'm not sure if it's me but you really need to stop talking down to people....

MrGapes made a personal observation. Trying to correct them with a statement that doesn't even reply to theirs comes across as demeaning.

Then with mwilliams saying he has misconceptions. If you're an aerodynamicist then feel free to say so but may I suggest backing off a bit.

You tried to "educate" me on a question of mine but what you were talking about had no relevance to what I was asking. Cool it...
You shouldn't be so harsh on my posts. These are just my comments, based on how I understand people. There are areas that are clear to me, there are areas that are not very clear. We are discussing here.
We've spoken before, you do come across in a manner which is shall we say, very blunt lol

If you want people to engage with you then try to soften the words a little 👍

My partner is Portuguese and very blunt as some can be, so I am more used to it! :D
mwillems, I am Russian. Let this not be a secret to everyone here. I understand half the words well. But I usually write here through Google Translator. He sometimes misinterprets my words and sometimes I have to make corrections. Here's my word of honor, believe me. I would never wish harm on anyone here. We're all in the same boat, so to speak. I'm not the oldest McLaren fan like some here, but I love this team with my heart. And I’m glad that I can sit here and communicate with my comrades who also support McLaren.

mwillems

LionsHeart wrote:
22 Sep 2023, 10:20
mwillems wrote:
LionsHeart wrote:
22 Sep 2023, 09:54

You shouldn't be so harsh on my posts. These are just my comments, based on how I understand people. There are areas that are clear to me, there are areas that are not very clear. We are discussing here.
We've spoken before, you do come across in a manner which is shall we say, very blunt lol

My partner is Portuguese and very blunt as some can be, so I am more used to it! :D
mwillems, I am Russian. Let this not be a secret to everyone here. I understand half the words well. But I usually write here through Google Translator. He sometimes misinterprets my words and sometimes I have to make corrections. Here's my word of honor, believe me. I would never wish harm on anyone here. We're all in the same boat, so to speak. I'm not the oldest McLaren fan like some here, but I love this team with my heart. And I’m glad that I can sit here and communicate with my comrades who also support McLaren.
Well that makes sense, welcome to F1Technical :D

I'm patient because you have something to add and because I understand it is in part language. My patience wears quickly with those that don't have much to add AND create needless arguments or just resort to thoughtless bias, of which you are not one.

I don't think anyone cares here if you are Russian, that's just some of the newspapers in different countries. I certainly don't.

-Bandit

MrGapes

- As I said deg. looked quite good, despite the heavy degradation on the softs for all drivers.

Farnborough
Farnborough

mwillems wrote:
22 Sep 2023, 10:41
LionsHeart wrote:
mwillems wrote:

I'm patient because you have something to add and because I understand it is in part language. My patience wears quickly with those that don't have much to add AND create needless arguments or just resort to thoughtless bias, of which you are not one.

I don't think anyone cares here if you are Russian, that's just some of the newspapers in different countries. I certainly don't.
From an outside point of view.....I enjoy both your contributions, interest and enthusiasm for this team, think they make the discussion about the team's performance etc interesting and good to read.

I can see, from interaction via translate software, that it's sometimes hard to judge the sentiment and true meaning of some topic, especially with such a mix of technical performance and the words needed to explain this.

Hopefully a good weekend is ahead for McL :D

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

mwillems wrote:
LionsHeart wrote:
mwillems wrote:

Thank you for your understanding and mutual respect!

I will try to express my thoughts more simply and clearly in the future. Mwillems, I like your position in many areas and the way you approach it. I have a technical education in the automotive field, but I studied aerodynamics and gas dynamics on my own many years ago. This made it easier to understand the Formula 1 technique. I understand that there are areas in which it is difficult for me to give a sensible comment. In other situations, I cannot understand you and others quite correctly. The most important thing is that the engineers in the team develop the car, the rest is secondary for me. :)

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

MrGapes wrote:
22 Sep 2023, 10:49
https://ibb.co/TqfkhKH

- As I said deg. looked quite good, despite the heavy degradation on the softs for all drivers.
Thank you very much for such an array of data.

The race pace looks promising. Interestingly, here in Suzuka the asphalt is quite abrasive. How many pitstops are planned? 2 or 3? On race day, the weather forecast promises 28-29 degrees Celsius.

mwillems

Farnborough wrote:
22 Sep 2023, 11:13
mwillems wrote:
LionsHeart wrote:

From an outside point of view.....I enjoy both your contributions, interest and enthusiasm for this team, think they make the discussion about the team's performance etc interesting and good to read.

I can see, from interaction via translate software, that it's sometimes hard to judge the sentiment and true meaning of some topic, especially with such a mix of technical performance and the words needed to explain this.

Thanks 👍

-Bandit

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

Farnborough wrote:
mwillems wrote:
LionsHeart wrote:

This is true. Sometimes I don't understand, sometimes they don't understand me. I have no alternatives but to learn English. :)

mwillems

LionsHeart wrote:
22 Sep 2023, 11:17
MrGapes wrote:

The race pace looks promising. Interestingly, here in Suzuka the asphalt is quite abrasive. How many pitstops are planned? 2 or 3? On race day, the weather forecast promises 28-29 degrees Celsius.
They've brought the C1, C2 and C3 tyres so shouldn't need three stops. Last year it was 1 or 2 stops with 2 stops being optimal. This year with the extra grip and these new tyres I'm not sure if teams won't try and get away with a 1 stop strategy.

-Bandit

organic

LionsHeart wrote:
22 Sep 2023, 11:21
Farnborough wrote:
mwillems wrote:

This is true. Sometimes I don't understand, sometimes they don't understand me. I have no alternatives but to learn English. :)
I recommend trying DeepL over Google translate. Is better in my experience

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

mwillems wrote:
22 Sep 2023, 11:25
LionsHeart wrote:
22 Sep 2023, 11:17
MrGapes wrote:

They've brought the C1, C2 and C3 tyres so shouldn't need three stops. Last year it was 1 or 2 stops with 2 stops being optimal. This year with the extra grip and these new tyres I'm not sure if teams won't try and get away with a 1 stop strategy.
It is truth too. This means 2 stops will be more preferable. I'm not sure that anyone will make 1 pit stop given the warm weather. I suspect the tires will be hard-boiled. :D

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

organic wrote:
22 Sep 2023, 11:25
LionsHeart wrote:
22 Sep 2023, 11:21
Farnborough wrote:

I recommend trying DeepL over Google translate. Is better in my experience
Thank you! I'll try this option.