2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
organic

Re: 2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

scuderiabrandon wrote:
23 Oct 2023, 03:19
There is a high likely hood at at Russell and Sainz would've also failed the checks. The checks are random.
I believe "random" in the sense that they don't have to tell you ahead of time whether you will be checked or not.

Not random in the sense that they are randomly selected

Just fwiw

scuderiabrandon

organic wrote:
23 Oct 2023, 03:31
scuderiabrandon wrote:
23 Oct 2023, 03:19
There is a high likely hood at at Russell and Sainz would've also failed the checks. The checks are random.
I believe "random" in the sense that they don't have to tell you ahead of time whether you will be checked or not.

Not random in the sense that they are randomly selected

Just fwiw
I believe they check al cars just different components.

Hammerfist
Hammerfist

There is really no excuse for trying a one stopper at COTA, I think Mclaren and Mercedes were tempted and they came to their senses. Every year I wait for the couple of fools who try the one stopper at COTA. They always fail. It's funny because you would think after 11 years these teams would learn something. Incredible to see such bright minds not get simple things right.

TFSA

AR3-GP wrote:The last 3 years at COTA ('19,'21,'22) have been cut and dry 2 stop races.
Magnussen got P9 with a 1 stop in 2022 (almost P8, but Vettel got him on the last lap), so clearly it can work. Had he done a 2 stop he surely wouldn't have finished in the points.

This year it probably wasn't an option due to the high temperature.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

interesting. Leclerc on the wear limit in Austria too.
Translated from Italian by
Leclerc already risked disqualification in Austria due to excessive wear on the surface. There too was a weekend with the terrible format of the Sprint Race. If we then consider the COTA disruptions, I'm not surprised that Charles and Lewis were disqualified. FER at -22 from WED.
Last edited by AR3-GP on 23 Oct 2023, 07:30, edited 1 time in total.

organic

I think we did hear that at the time from the Italian media but it went largely unnoticed. Focus was more on the car being 2nd quickest on a track that seemed more suited to Merc/amr

Vanja #66

It can no longer be considered a coincidence that all these strategy blunders keep happening to Leclerc, with a Spaniard as his engineer and another one in the factory still calling some shots. The clearly faster driver this weekend gets screwed over strategy and then a DSQ. The plank wear is a fallacy and I'm very interested in why the new podium finisher did not have his plank tested like Max, Hamilton and Lando did as original podium finishers.

Blunders keep happening and points keep getting lost. Vasseur needs to step up and make big changes. Otherwise, he might as well resign right away...

The 10 laps between 26 and 35 when Leclerc was lapping as fast as Sainz on softer tyre was an amazing effort. With any sane strategy, he had the pace to finish P3 ahead of Lando...
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Alonsismo
Alonsismo

codetower wrote:
23 Oct 2023, 02:52
How can this team be so clueless about their car 19 races in. They “try something different” with Sainz on the soft in the sprint, and now the ridiculous one stopper… this staff is just as bad, if not worse, than Binottos. Mercedes and McLaren can make big advances in-season, and 19 race weekends in we still cant understand that this car has high deg.
the strategy team its like a teenager playing codemasters

Sphere3758
Sphere3758

Vanja #66 wrote:
23 Oct 2023, 08:32
It can no longer be considered a coincidence that all these strategy blunders keep happening to Leclerc, with a Spaniard as his engineer and another one in the factory still calling some shots. The clearly faster driver this weekend gets screwed over strategy and then a DSQ. The plank wear is a fallacy and I'm very interested in why the new podium finisher did not have his plank tested like Max, Hamilton and Lando did as original podium finishers.

Blunders keep happening and points keep getting lost. Vasseur needs to step up and make big changes. Otherwise, he might as well resign right away...

The 10 laps between 26 and 35 when Leclerc was lapping as fast as Sainz on softer tyre was an amazing effort. With any sane strategy, he had the pace to finish P3 ahead of Lando...
It looks like Sainz and Russell potentially had a different setup, according to this : https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... nterboden/

Xyz22
Xyz22

Sphere3758 wrote:
23 Oct 2023, 09:44
Vanja #66 wrote:

It looks like Sainz and Russell potentially had a different setup, according to this : https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... nterboden/
This seems a massive reach considering that we are not talking about suspension settings, balance, wings levels but ride height. Moreover Sainz and Russell cars were not checked so we don't if the cars were compliant with the rules or not.

Now that i think about it the DSQ explains why Ferrari was so "competitive" in this track and why RB didn't have such an advantage. Ferrari and MB went too aggressive with the setup.

JPower
JPower

Vanja #66 wrote:
It can no longer be considered a coincidence that all these strategy blunders keep happening to Leclerc, with a Spaniard as his engineer and another one in the factory still calling some shots.
Dhalsim and Reed Richards couldn't stretch this far. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Xyz22
Xyz22

"Qualifying setup" :mrgreen:

ferrarifire
ferrarifire

I have no hopes on Ferrari retaining 2nd spot on the constructors championship.. strategy sucks ..with the Mercedes update, there is no way Ferrari can challenge Mercedes

AR3-GP wrote:
15 Oct 2023, 06:22
ferrarifire wrote:
15 Oct 2023, 06:10
I thought Ferrari is bringing some upgrades in Austin..what is the connection with Haas?
The Haas will be RB concept with Ferrari engine and Ferrari suspension. Of course Ferrari is not working directly with Haas because that is verboten but I'm certain there are things that anyone could learn from "afar".

jambuka
jambuka

ferrarifire wrote:
23 Oct 2023, 17:11
I have no hopes on Ferrari retaining 2nd spot on the constructors championship.. strategy sucks ..with the Mercedes update, there is no way Ferrari can challenge Mercedes

AR3-GP wrote:
ferrarifire wrote:
15 Oct 2023, 06:10
I thought Ferrari is bringing some upgrades in Austin..what is the connection with Haas?
The Haas will be RB concept with Ferrari engine and Ferrari suspension. Of course Ferrari is not working directly with Haas because that is verboten but I'm certain there are things that anyone could learn from "afar".
Actually Russel wasn’t that fast with Merc upgrade. HAM was but ride height was too low. Next race will tell if Merc can be as fast with higher setup.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

jambuka wrote:
23 Oct 2023, 17:59
ferrarifire wrote:
23 Oct 2023, 17:11

AR3-GP wrote:

Actually Russel wasn’t that fast with Merc upgrade. HAM was but ride height was too low. Next race will tell if Merc can be as fast with higher setup.
Merc won't be raising the car. None of the remaining tracks are bumpy like COTA. The shift will come when Mclaren and RB lower their cars again relative to the others.