2023 Mexican Grand Prix - Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez, Oct 27 - 29

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
ValeVida46

Re: 2023 Mexican Grand Prix - Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez, Oct 27 - 29

Wouter wrote:
27 Oct 2023, 12:53
Read the article in English. He said it in the media pen.

https://esto-com-mx.translate.goog/7742 ... r_pto=wapp
What happens in a Media pen, Wouter?

Also, for context... the video.

I think he has amazing support around him, I don't think his team has been massively supportive around him, actually I wouldn't say team because there's a lot of people around him, but the one particular spokesperson has not been particularly great in helping psychologically. You know if I heard Toto talking about me negatively on the race weekend it would be really quite tough. You know, so it's difficult environment for him.

bigjj
bigjj

Red Bull gave Perez a multi-year contract, and the team has the right to demand that he puts in a performance, no different than any company that operates.
To be fair, Perez is treated a little better than Bottas, who only has a one-year term per contract.
I don't see why criticism of Perez is not allowed, how is that criticism any different from what happened with McLaren/Ricciardo, and Haas/Schumacher in the first place.

mcdenife
mcdenife

ValeVida46 wrote:
27 Oct 2023, 13:08
Wouter wrote:

https://twitter.com/TeamCheco/status/17 ... 6924048747

I think he has amazing support around him, I don't think his team has been massively supportive around him, actually I wouldn't say team because there's a lot of people around him, but the one particular spokesperson has not been particularly great in helping psychologically. You know if I heard Toto talking about me negatively on the race weekend it would be really quite tough. You know, so it's difficult environment for him.
why let context get in the way a narative?
Long experience has taught me this about the status of mankind with regards to matters requiring thought. The less people know and understand about them, the more positively they attempt to argue concerning them; while on the other hand, to know and understand a multitude of things renders men cautious in passing judgement upon anything new. - Galileo..

The noblest of dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.

organic

ValeVida46 wrote:
27 Oct 2023, 13:08
Wouter wrote:

https://twitter.com/TeamCheco/status/17 ... 6924048747

It's pretty clear that he's not taking a shot at anyone except Marko. He specifically says it's not RB as a team that doesn't support him but a particular person. Being critical of Lewis over this is absurd

I think we can move on now. Gpblog is a shitty aggregator that aims to ragebait etc so be careful when reading that site

kalinka
kalinka

bigjj wrote:
27 Oct 2023, 13:17
Red Bull gave Perez a multi-year contract, and the team has the right to demand that he puts in a performance, no different than any company that operates.
To be fair, Perez is treated a little better than Bottas, who only has a one-year term per contract.
I don't see why criticism of Perez is not allowed, how is that criticism any different from what happened with McLaren/Ricciardo, and Haas/Schumacher in the first place.
I don't see why criticism of Marko is not allowed

CHT
CHT

Many people forget RB is still a beverage company and South America is an important market for Red Bull Energy drinks. Perez may not make sense for RBR, but it certainly make sense for RB drink business

search

organic wrote:
26 Oct 2023, 16:50
search wrote:
26 Oct 2023, 16:48
sounds like something they may be able to fix then. But if they need a new engine anyway, it would probably still make sense to bring it in before Vegas, so either now or in Brazil.
Yeah it sounds like they're gonna take one this weekend IMO. From Duchessa
However, what limited performance the most in Austin were many small problems that other teams also experienced, namely the management of the Power Unit - especially critical for Charles Leclerc - and the brakes . In Maranello they are waiting to unveil a new engine for this season finale , so as to have greater security.
there's a new article now: no engine change this weekend, and more focus on the cooling of the car. Last year, according to a tweet by Duchesse, turning down the engine cost Ferrari 7-8 tenths per lap.

https://formu1a.uno/ferrari-in-messico- ... -le-sf-23/

SiLo

mcdenife wrote:
27 Oct 2023, 13:23
why let context get in the way a narative?
Nail, meet hammer.

Welcome to modern... society... I guess?
Felipe Baby!

organic

Merc are favourites for pole I feel. Lots of low speed corners that their strong front will excel in and the low air density will eliminate their main weakness of drag as in 2022.

langedweil

organic wrote:
27 Oct 2023, 16:39
Merc are favourites for pole I feel. Lots of low speed corners that their strong front will excel in and the low air density will eliminate their main weakness of drag as in 2022.
Point in Mexico is that you shouldn't wanna have pole, because you're a sitting duck right before T1 ..
HuggaWugga !

SirBastianVettel
SirBastianVettel

langedweil wrote:
27 Oct 2023, 17:17
Point in Mexico is that you shouldn't wanna have pole, because you're a sitting duck right before T1 ..
Guess Max didn’t get that memo.

organic

Hammerfist
Hammerfist

bigjj wrote:
I don't see why criticism of Perez is not allowed, how is that criticism any different from what happened with McLaren/Ricciardo, and Haas/Schumacherd internally. Just see how in the first place.
Rbr certainly has the right to criticize perez but it has to be done internally. Williams sure arent happy with Sargeant but publicly he gets a lot of support from james vowles. Thats just how it should be. The way marko talks about perez is just very poor form and it certainly doesn’t help checo at all. Hamilton is 100 percent right in what he said.

Wouter

Hammerfist wrote:
27 Oct 2023, 19:08
bigjj wrote:
I don't see why criticism of Perez is not allowed, how is that criticism any different from what happened with McLaren/Ricciardo, and Haas/Schumacherd internally. Just see how in the first place.
Rbr certainly has the right to criticize perez but it has to be done internally. Williams sure arent happy with Sargeant but publicly he gets a lot of support from james vowles. Thats just how it should be. The way marko talks about perez is just very poor form and it certainly doesn’t help checo at all. Hamilton is 100 percent right in what he said.
Could you maybe give me a few examples where Marko Perez has dealt a mental blow, as Lewis says.
In which Marko didn't support Perez?
I only know that one very unfortunate comment that the mentality of "South Americans" is different from Europeans.
The Power of Dreams!

Sieper

That whole interview was actually Marko trying to lessen the pressure on Perez. He did it unhandily.

Regardless of, the timing of Hamilton is 100% wrong. This can only lead to more undeserved negativity towards Max this weekend.