2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
bluechris

Re: 2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

AR3-GP wrote:
29 Oct 2023, 00:15
Vinlarr89 wrote:
29 Oct 2023, 00:14
Won’t finish on the podium, waste of time getting on the front row with this car
I actually think both cars can finish on the podium here. Good straight line speed. Deg wasn't bad for Leclerc in Austin.
Me 2 but they need some things
1. Not to fight each other in the start. They must honor the starting position and Sainz must not attack Leclerc (except if Leclerc botches the start offcourse). I saw him again uncomfortable in the pitlane interview somehow, completely opposite of Leclerc.
2. Noone must pass them in the start so the rest will get the problem of heated tyres from the following.
4. Good Strategy with no mistakes
5. Tyres to last like they seem to do in the last races.

The speed also is good not to be sitting duck.

Xyz22
Xyz22

bluechris wrote:
29 Oct 2023, 00:22
AR3-GP wrote:
Vinlarr89 wrote:
29 Oct 2023, 00:14
Won’t finish on the podium, waste of time getting on the front row with this car
I actually think both cars can finish on the podium here. Good straight line speed. Deg wasn't bad for Leclerc in Austin.
1. Not to fight each other in the start. They must honor the starting position and Sainz must not attack Leclerc (except if Leclerc botches the start offcourse). I saw him again uncomfortable in the pitlane interview somehow, completely opposite of Leclerc.
2. Noone must pass them in the start so the rest will get the problem of heated tyres from the following.

The win is out of question. Red Bull has literally 0 deg so they will win easily. The goal is to finish ahead of the others. I agree on everything you said.

The pace should be quite similar for both Sainz and Leclerc tomorrow. As i said this is one of the track where Sainz goes really well so i think he will be fast tomorrow.

organic

The start is always difficult here. You can say 'no fighting' and to work together but when they are in the car that often seems to be forgotten for the first lap. I am imagining Sainz having a look down Charles' inside

bluechris

Xyz22 wrote:
29 Oct 2023, 00:28
bluechris wrote:
29 Oct 2023, 00:22
AR3-GP wrote:

The win is out of question. Red Bull has literally 0 deg so they will win easily. The goal is to finish ahead of the others. I agree on everything you said.

The pace should be quite similar for both Sainz and Leclerc tomorrow. As i said this is one of the track where Sainz goes really well so i think he will be fast tomorrow.
Ok they can be a team... they can discuss that and Sainz can pass in front if Leclerc thinks he is slower or the team say so. The point is to maximize the result for me.
organic wrote:
29 Oct 2023, 00:29
The start is always difficult here. You can say 'no fighting' and to work together but when they are in the car that often seems to be forgotten for the first lap. I am imagining Sainz having a look down Charles' inside
Is there a risk that Max can pass both? i dont think Max generally this year is very good on his starts but the straight is big till the 1st turn.

Xyz22
Xyz22

organic wrote:
29 Oct 2023, 00:29
If Leclerc starts well, he will cover the inside like he did in 2019.

organic

bluechris wrote:
29 Oct 2023, 00:33

Is there a risk that Max can pass both? i dont think Max generally this year is very good on his starts but the straight is big till the 1st turn.
At Mexico the first phase of the start is largely irrelevant. As P3 if anything you will have to lift if you have a better start than P1 to retain slipstream. Of course it depends on what Leclerc does

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Sainz has to repay Singapore.

Xyz22
Xyz22

organic wrote:
29 Oct 2023, 00:34
bluechris wrote:
29 Oct 2023, 00:33

At Mexico the first phase of the start is largely irrelevant. As P3 if anything you will have to lift if you have a better start than P1 to retain slipstream. Of course it depends on what Leclerc does
It's actually very relevant because if P2 starts better than P1 it won't have any tow, like Lewis in 2021. It's paramount that Charles starts well tomorrow so Sainz can follow him. Then, as Leclerc covers the inside, Sainz will go on the outside, making it harder for anyone else. They left too much space for Max in 2021.

organic

Sainz
"It was a good lap. We don't know why sometimes we go so fast and sometimes not so fast. For us the track was much better than for Verstappen. We have to try to understand the car more."
Track temps were dropping. It's possible that the higher track temps earlier in quali were hurting Ferrari's rear tyres too much / they were overheating them
Xyz22 wrote:
29 Oct 2023, 00:39
organic wrote:

It's actually very relevant because if P2 starts better than P1 it won't have any tow, like Lewis in 2021. It's paramount that Charles starts well tomorrow so Sainz can follow him. Then, as Leclerc covers the inside, Sainz will go on the outside, making it harder for anyone else. They left too much space for Max in 2021.
When I meant the start isn't that relevant I meant the quality of Max's start, which is what was in question based on the reply I received

If Charles can get a good start and Carlos doesn't get a rocket start, it can be covered to T1. But the track is wider than 2 cars - it's hard to prevent a car with a big slipstream from finding a gap

Xyz22
Xyz22

organic wrote:
29 Oct 2023, 00:45
Sainz
"It was a good lap. We don't know why sometimes we go so fast and sometimes not so fast. For us the track was much better than for Verstappen. We have to try to understand the car more."
Track temps were dropping. It's possible that the higher track temps earlier in quali were hurting Ferrari's rear tyres too much / they were overheating them
Xyz22 wrote:
29 Oct 2023, 00:39
organic wrote:

When I meant the start isn't that relevant I meant the quality of Max's start, which is what was in question based on the reply I received

If Charles can get a good start and Carlos doesn't get a rocket start, it can be covered to T1. But the track is wider than 2 cars - it's hard to prevent a car with a big slipstream from finding a gap
If Sainz plays it well, he can make it super hard for who is on the outside. They will need to be aggressive like Seb was in 2019.

jambuka
jambuka

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines - Enzo Ferrari

JPower
JPower

And people really want Ferrari to run a different driver lineup. Get real. Great job by Leclerc and Sainz. They've gotten far more out of this car than I thought possible.

Sainz is starting on the dirty side but hopefully he gets a good enough start to trouble Verstappen and make some space for Leclerc.

Sevach
Sevach

Man that's so typical lol, usually it is "we don't know why we weren't competitive", now it's we don't know why we were competitive.
Still, good to be on the other side of the fence for once, and i hope the team can finally make a car they understand next year.

organic

Ferrari long run from FP3

Last edited by organic on 29 Oct 2023, 14:51, edited 1 time in total.

LM10
LM10

organic wrote:
29 Oct 2023, 03:29
Ferrari long run from FP3

not sure whether to trust given they can't count to 7

https://i.imgur.com/MXIlTe2.jpeg
They started their long runs on 6 laps old Softs.