2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Jambier

Re: 2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

Incredible nevertheless to be second force in early season and being… last!
Last, in Mexico

search

KimiRai wrote:
30 Oct 2023, 02:20
diffuser wrote:
30 Oct 2023, 02:15
Think your misunderstanding. The first corner doesn't mean the first lap. Think he picked it up after the restart, when he was chasing Zhou. He came down the main straight and was braking for turn one when he, all of a sudden, lost the back end. He immediately radiod to check the rear.

From the onboard conversation, it sounded like the expectations from the beginning of the race was that he was going to be slow.
Maybe, although he mentions Checo so that couldve only been in lap 1 I think.
it happened on lap 1, yeah. But they never brought up any damage on radio the laps after.

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

search wrote:
30 Oct 2023, 10:07
KimiRai wrote:
30 Oct 2023, 02:20
diffuser wrote:
30 Oct 2023, 02:15
Think your misunderstanding. The first corner doesn't mean the first lap. Think he picked it up after the restart, when he was chasing Zhou. He came down the main straight and was braking for turn one when he, all of a sudden, lost the back end. He immediately radiod to check the rear.

From the onboard conversation, it sounded like the expectations from the beginning of the race was that he was going to be slow.
Maybe, although he mentions Checo so that couldve only been in lap 1 I think.
it happened on lap 1, yeah. But they never brought up any damage on radio the laps after.

https://i.imgur.com/JuVTvLt.png
Leclerc with broken front wing could be fast ,so I don't think this a little something caused seconds drop. Honestly they was slow whole weekend. 🙄
They problem probably banned front wing as Ted Kravitz mentioned.

Ted: So there was an upgrade that didn't work, in plain speaking?

Krack: No not really. The upgrade worked but as I say you introduce side effects or you introduce different characteristics, and that is then something you have to fix it at the end of the day. You try to to push the development as much as possible and then see what happens.

Ted: okay can you be a bit more specific so that our audience understand?

Krack: No I think we shouldn't go too much into the detail. We cannot but I think the parts that we will bring over the next weeks will fix them

Ted: Okay. Can you can deny or confirm that there was a change mandated to the front wing in particular that had an effect on the car's performance?

Krack: I cannot confirm.

Ted: Okay but you wouldn't deny that as well, that there was a - there was a change made...

(Speaking over and chuckling) Krack: I cannot confirm it. I cannot confirm. I cannot deny.

Ted: That the FIA asked for a change?

Krack: No, no, I - I cannot confirm that.

PinkFloydPulse

So, considering Fabrega is palls with Alonso, and the tweet he made about rumours and dissbelief… you guys think Alonso is retiring or is it something else?
Team Fernando!

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

PinkFloydPulse wrote:
30 Oct 2023, 12:21
So, considering Fabrega is palls with Alonso, and the tweet he made about rumours and dissbelief… you guys think Alonso is retiring or is it something else?
Is nothing to do with Alonso "retiring".
Alonso said see you next year Mexico. So this tell me he will be here next year with or without AM.

basti313
basti313

Think so too. Aston is again preparing the next season car. So Alonso now suffers three races with the clear target to be up again next year.
Don`t russel the hamster!

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

basti313 wrote:
30 Oct 2023, 12:37
Think so too. Aston is again preparing the next season car. So Alonso now suffers three races with the clear target to be up again next year.
I wish we could make vote or make pressure at Aston somehow bring back the old spec car(monaco or before Monaco)for an free practice in Las Vegas or Abu Dhabi to put clear waters in the glass. I'm pretty sure they would be faster at FP1 with the illegal car than at Race with the current car!

diffuser

OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
30 Oct 2023, 13:49
basti313 wrote:
30 Oct 2023, 12:37
I wish we could make vote or make pressure at Aston somehow bring back the old spec car(monaco or before Monaco)for an free practice in Las Vegas or Abu Dhabi to put clear waters in the glass. I'm pretty sure they would be faster at FP1 with the illegal car than at Race with the current car!
So they've removed the kick from the sidepods. That kick has been added to the underfloor and floor edge. That floor edge exit was primarily used to create suction for the center floor air channel. They're trying to figure out how to make that work. Clearly they're having problems with their CFD modeling and simulator. Presume that those issues, some how have bled into the wind tunnel. We'll see evolutions of the side floor and the floor entry at somepoint.

Venturiation
Venturiation

Rumor is Alonso is leaving the team

KimiRai
KimiRai

Venturiation wrote:
30 Oct 2023, 14:35
Thats a known fake account. Though nothing is impossible in f1, I think some others recently mentioned it that there's some paddock rumours.

MV8
MV8

KimiRai wrote:
Venturiation wrote:
Thats a known fake account, we said it many times. Though nothing is impossible in f1.
I mean is a fake account but that information is based in the latest posts of José María Rubio Twitter Account (Spanish journalist) anyways I would take this information carefully :lol:
Just posting

KimiRai
KimiRai

MV8 wrote:
30 Oct 2023, 14:47
I mean is a fake account but that information is based in the latest posts of José María Rubio Twitter Account (Spanish journalist) anyways I would take this information carefully :lol:
That person is indeed very close to Fernando so it's not like a random journalist said this for clicks (others certainly used it for that though). Too early still in any case

KimiRai
KimiRai

Good morning CDMX!
I'm just going to say one thing about the rumour I mentioned yesterday. From the tone of the text you can understand that I would not like it to happen. From this point on, you can speculate as much as you/we want. And I hope it stays a rumour and doesn't become news. End of thread.

KimiRai
KimiRai

It would be funny if this was Alonsos own making in order to alleviate pressure from the team, but most likely thats not the case.
Last edited by KimiRai on 30 Oct 2023, 15:26, edited 3 times in total.

littlebigcat
littlebigcat

It’ll be the last race is cancelled due to security concerns in the ME.