2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wouter

Re: 2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
01 Nov 2023, 20:51
SSJ4 wrote:
01 Nov 2023, 20:15

Aston Martin engineers don't know which direction to take for the 2024 car.

👉 Michael Schmidt ( @amsonline ): "Factory engineers have a different opinion than track engineers about some data."

👉 "This is not a good sign for next year's car, because they clearly don't know which direction to go."
This is not enough info,I mean what kind of data and about what? Data from the track or data from the simulator, data from the wind tunnel?
You can choose the subtitles in English. De video starts at the right time when they talk about AM.
The Power of Dreams!

issey
issey

Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik

issey wrote:
01 Nov 2023, 22:24
2024 will be fully concept by Dan Fallows? and the AMR23? its not?

diffuser

OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
01 Nov 2023, 20:51
SSJ4 wrote:
01 Nov 2023, 20:15

Aston Martin engineers don't know which direction to take for the 2024 car.

👉 Michael Schmidt ( @amsonline ): "Factory engineers have a different opinion than track engineers about some data."

👉 "This is not a good sign for next year's car, because they clearly don't know which direction to go."
This is not enough info,I mean what kind of data and about what? Data from the track or data from the simulator, data from the wind tunnel?
They Generally go into the Factory Engineer direction. The track info is just setup feed back and the don't have all the direction data.

diffuser

Not sure why many doubt the AMR team .... They developed wings that flexed and changed shape at different speeds but didn't move when tested by the FIA with a 200KG weight. Pretty amazing if you ask me.

Ashwinv16

diffuser wrote:
02 Nov 2023, 02:52
Not sure why many doubt the AMR team .... They developed wings that flexed and changed shape at different speeds but didn't move when tested by the FIA with a 200KG weight. Pretty amazing if you ask me.
They also have the fix for this wing ready for next year so I am not gonna judged Aston's Pace until they run their fixed front wing, because the front wing s the first contact point for air moving. Changing front wing concept means you have to change everything behind that interacts with the air coming from the front wing.
Halo not as bad as we thought

makecry
makecry

Ashwinv16 wrote:
02 Nov 2023, 04:59
diffuser wrote:
They also have the fix for this wing ready for next year so I am not gonna judged Aston's Pace until they run their fixed front wing, because the front wing s the first contact point for air moving. Changing front wing concept means you have to change everything behind that interacts with the air coming from the front wing.
We have no way of knowing fix for the wing is ready. If it's ready there is no reason not to start testing stuff on track.

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

Ashwinv16 wrote:
02 Nov 2023, 04:59
diffuser wrote:
How I know is wasn't banned because is was to flexible. The front wing was banned because of concept. If just would be to flexible then we could hear about it, but obviously FIA made an action secretly and Krack also can't talk about it! Also if just to flexi , then make a slightly stronger and job done. It was banned how is works or how is make outwash or something like that.

-wkst-
-wkst-

Schmidt:

- The car was just slow and the reason could be a bit of everything (set-up, tyre temps and spanner in the works inside the team)
- Team said on Friday that Austin floor is better
- ALO data irrelevant as there was damage
- He hears from 2nd row people that the engineers in Silverstone have sometimes a different opinion how to set up the car than the engineers at the track
- Could be a pride thing that the engineers at home (who built the car) are not happy that the car has to be set up differently (in reality at the track) than they dictate it
- Krack says that's not true, there is no conlict, but Schmidt is hearing here and there such stories
- They need a track, where they can logically set up the car at a standard track, maybe Abu Dhabi is the only chance.
- Their underfloors seem to be only good at specific tracks, the window is way too small and that's the big problem

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

-wkst- wrote:
02 Nov 2023, 10:10
Schmidt:

- The car was just slow and the reason could be a bit of everything (set-up, tyre temps and spanner in the works inside the team)
- Team said on Friday that Austin floor is better
- ALO data irrelevant as there was damage
- He hears from 2nd row people that the engineers in Silverstone have sometimes a different opinion how to set up the car than the engineers at the track
- Could be a pride thing that the engineers at home (who built the car) are not happy that the car has to be set up differently (in reality at the track) than they dictate it
- Krack says that's not true, there is no conlict, but Schmidt is hearing here and there such stories
- They need a track, where they can logically set up the car at a standard track, maybe Abu Dhabi is the only chance.
- Their underfloors seem to be only good at specific tracks, the window is way too small and that's the big problem

You can't find in the car seconds only few tenths, but in the tyres you can find seconds.
Exactly this happened with the struggled teams like McLaren when they introduced the new tyre components with wider working window.

-wkst-
-wkst-

issey wrote:
This account was quite ok, collecting infos from real journalists. But as soon as he started to write news from an unkown source and described himself as a journalist in a tweet, I was out.

organic

Fabrega

issey
issey

-wkst- wrote:
02 Nov 2023, 15:49
issey wrote:
This account was quite ok, collecting infos from real journalists. But as soon as he started to write news from an unkown source and described himself as a journalist in a tweet, I was out.
Last edited by issey on 02 Nov 2023, 18:33, edited 1 time in total.

issey
issey

Andres125sx

Cs98 wrote:
01 Nov 2023, 17:24
KimiRai wrote:
01 Nov 2023, 15:51
"Toxic", "bridge-burner" Alonso... says some nice words for the team.

"It's a mistake to evaluate Aston Martin 2023 with a football mentality".

"I know we are becoming more and more like football here and it seems only the last result counts, but we can't forget where we have come from and what the project is all about, so very proud of this season so far."

"Two years ago, this organisation had 250 people, and now we are just a few points behind the top teams in the Constructors' Championship, and we have already been on the podium several times this year. We also have this new factory, a lot of new people coming into the team."

"I think about 200 points more than last year. So it's been an incredible 2023 campaign for Aston Martin."

"Hopefully we can finish on a high; in the remaining races we can taste the podium one more time at least and then go into 2024 I think with a lot more confidence than this year," he added.

"I think we started the winter with the hope that the project was going in the right direction after a difficult 2022. We learn a lot of things throughout the season, a lot of things off the track as well, the development of the car during the season, the direction of development."

"So it's been a very important championship not only for the results themselves, but also for the team to get a contender for the future. So it's been a very important season and I'm very proud and very happy."
He's doing maintenance on the one bridge still up and running. The rest are a pile of rubble.
The good thing is Alonso can fly over burnt bridges, like he did with McLaren, despite all haters stating he would never drive for McLaren again :mrgreen: :mrgreen: