2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
The Prodigy
The Prodigy

Re: 2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

Helmut Marko talking very positiv and enthusiastic about Alonso on Sky Germany ;)

Alonsismo
Alonsismo

Alonso is the fking GOAT

a total GOD

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

Took the pressure, didn't falter didn't crumble and hit back hard. Alonso shows how its done. Monstrous drive.

GoranF1
GoranF1

This is one of the most beautiful....you and the whole team deserve this....Tooomaaa!!!
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

KimiRai
KimiRai

alonsofan wrote:
05 Nov 2023, 20:38
So basically, they are clueless with the development of the car going into next year. May god help us.
It depends if these last races that were used as a test session have served their purpose and this improved pace from the car comes from a better understanding of it, or if they are still somewhat lost. Hopefully it's the former.

Ashwinv16

KimiRai wrote:
05 Nov 2023, 21:44
alonsofan wrote:
05 Nov 2023, 20:38
So basically, they are clueless with the development of the car going into next year. May god help us.
It depends if these last races that were used as a test session have served their purpose and this improved pace from the car comes from a better understanding of it, or if they are still somewhat lost. Hopefully it's the former.
Recent updates starting from Canada has all been about dropping the drag and gaining efficency like the Red Bull (so fast in the straight line and fast in corners) This has'nt worked and experiments were done to make it work, it didn't. So for brazil after analysis they brought all the updated parts related to downforce (under floor from zandvoort upgrades and other bits from Asutin, the red bull esque drs effective wing and beam wing) and dropped all the drag reduction and flow conditioner upgrades (floor edge from austin for example and the streamlined udercut). The top speed dropped, but cornering speed, race speed, braking and traction came back and that is with minimum understanding of how mx and matching the parts would work). Expect the car to be even faster in race trim as they set-up the car even better with the mix match parts and expect them to just pile on downforce instead of worrying about straight line speed. Literally everyone following Aston Martin can see the direction they should be taking so pretty sure the team knows as well
Halo not as bad as we thought

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

KimiRai wrote:
05 Nov 2023, 20:28
Compared to other drivers Fernando does a different line in turn 12, intentionally missing the apex as if he braked too late but he does it all the time and takes time off Perez there each lap, is there more grip on the outside?

https://i.imgur.com/HDydTm5.png
I feel that Alonso drove the fastest lines for his car.

Mansell89
Mansell89

How amazing is this guy Alonso?! At this age too showing everyone its just a number!

STAGGERING drive!!

A total loss for F1 to have been robbed of this guy fighting the likes of Lewis and Max all these years.

majki2111

Ashwinv16 wrote:
05 Nov 2023, 22:05
Recent updates starting from Canada has all been about dropping the drag and gaining efficency like the Red Bull (so fast in the straight line and fast in corners) This has'nt worked and experiments were done to make it work, it didn't. So for brazil after analysis they brought all the updated parts related to downforce (under floor from zandvoort upgrades and other bits from Asutin, the red bull esque drs effective wing and beam wing) and dropped all the drag reduction and flow conditioner upgrades (floor edge from austin for example and the streamlined udercut). The top speed dropped, but cornering speed, race speed, braking and traction came back and that is with minimum understanding of how mx and matching the parts would work). Expect the car to be even faster in race trim as they set-up the car even better with the mix match parts and expect them to just pile on downforce instead of worrying about straight line speed. Literally everyone following Aston Martin can see the direction they should be taking so pretty sure the team knows as well
Are you sure about this. Source? :-k

diffuser

AR3-GP wrote:
05 Nov 2023, 22:52
KimiRai wrote:
Compared to other drivers Fernando does a different line in turn 12, intentionally missing the apex as if he braked too late but he does it all the time and takes time off Perez there each lap, is there more grip on the outside?

He was asked by his race engineer to run more lift and coast into and easy on the throttle out of 12.

"When you run just in front of another car," Alonso said, "you have better downforce and clean air and that was maybe good for me in terms of tyre management, and he was struggling to be close to me in Turns 10, 11 and 12. That was the game we were playing. Those three corners were crucial for the overtaking opportunity, and being the car in front you have better grip always.

"So I was just making sure I did not make a mistake in those three corners because otherwise Checo would be too close.

"And I was using (battery) energy on the straights to make sure he had no opportunity.

"And changing lines sometimes - I didn't want to be always on the same line. From time to time on the inside, from time to time on the outside, so it was not a clear direction for him to change the line and take the opportunity for some clean air. I was trying to get some turbulence on his front nose."

Interesting read https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/67329196

max_speed
max_speed

None except alonso could have done that, help perez for almost 30% of the race behind and pulled it off in a "clear" inferior care. what a man, may he gets chance to fight for championship once before going down in history books. he is ALIEN.

makecry
makecry

majki2111 wrote:
05 Nov 2023, 23:38
Ashwinv16 wrote:
Source : Trust me bro

-wkst-
-wkst-

makecry wrote:
06 Nov 2023, 08:04
majki2111 wrote:
05 Nov 2023, 23:38
Ashwinv16 wrote:
Source : Trust me bro
Yep, this guy should be banned for spreading rumours and fake news ("update-list").

Andres125sx

What a racer, Alonso proving age is irrelevant, he´s still the GOAT!!

Bisonas

AR3-GP wrote:
05 Nov 2023, 22:52
KimiRai wrote:

I don't think so really.
Alonso when he had Perez in the DRS zone was constantly slower than stroll behind.
IMO, he was not taking the overall fastest lines with lap time in mind, but was taking the best possible lines (in the final corners) for giving him enough top speed to stay ahead in the main straight and the best chances not to get overtaken in turn1.