2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
CouncilorIrissa
CouncilorIrissa

Re: 2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Xyz22 wrote:
organic wrote:
11 Nov 2023, 17:40
https://i.imgur.com/xZVLxE4.jpeg
Good improvement, even though context is also important. Ferrari has never been under real pressure this year as the performance of the car has been absolutely terriblem, therefore is hard to compare with years when they were fighting for the WDC/WCC.

Anyway thoughts on this Ferrari cars tier list ?

I feel that F1-75 belongs to the same level that SF70H does. Both cars were great initially, both fell off due to TDs and dodgy development (in the SF70H case it was the engine).

150 Italia should be a tier lower I think.
F2008 would be somewhere in the middle between "dominant" and "quick", had it been in the hands of a greater driver. That thing was rapid.

TEHNOS

CRazyLemon
CRazyLemon

Why do you suppose it is so important to Ferrari to finish 2nd? Maybe employee related bonuses? I'd prefer more wind tunnel and CFD time.

organic

Vanja #66

CRazyLemon wrote:
14 Nov 2023, 17:14
Why do you suppose it is so important to Ferrari to finish 2nd? Maybe employee related bonuses? I'd prefer more wind tunnel and CFD time.
So that the CEO and upper management can say "we finished as high as last year" Even though it would not be actually true, by far
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

dialtone
dialtone

Vanja #66 wrote:
CRazyLemon wrote:
So that the CEO and upper management can say "we finished as high as last year" Even though it would not be actually true, by far
There’s no way the reason is so simple. I know we like to joke about it but they are not that stupid.

Schippke
Schippke

CRazyLemon wrote:
Easy - More prize money and the fact it’s P2 behind Red Bull, compared to loosing out to Mercedes (or McLaren) as well, so keeps the group/shareholders/sponsors and the non-so religious fans slightly happier about the result. Also, despite the increased CFD/Tunnel time, the team is still a business to they’ll take the extra money they could potentially deploy elsewhere (despite the budget cap) rather than loose out on it.

S D

Schippke wrote:
16 Nov 2023, 01:39
CRazyLemon wrote:
Easy - More prize money and the fact it’s P2 behind Red Bull, compared to loosing out to Mercedes (or McLaren) as well, so keeps the group/shareholders/sponsors and the non-so religious fans slightly happier about the result. Also, despite the increased CFD/Tunnel time, the team is still a business to they’ll take the extra money they could potentially deploy elsewhere (despite the budget cap) rather than loose out on it.
There's also something to be said for reducing the money flow to your competitors.

organic

organic wrote:
16 Nov 2023, 08:54
Ferrari had both the Monza spec and Spa spec rear-wings fitted at Vegas today

Spa spec - AMuS 📸

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F_CWAhjWkAA ... &name=orig

Monza spec - Albert

https://i.imgur.com/7MdsYK0.png
Seems team are going to be running some different setups in Fp1 if this is anything to go by. The asphalt is a big unknown - specifically grip level. That they are not sure whether to use Monza wing or Spa wing with a gurney flap.. It seems there could be a large range

Charles said in an interview on Wednesday evening that they expect to be strong.

Wind forecast is also very low which is good for the car

Xyz22
Xyz22

Schippke wrote:
16 Nov 2023, 01:39
CRazyLemon wrote:
The shareholders don't give a --- about GES. They never did and even less now due to the budget cap (they don't lose money anymore).

It's just marketing as Vanja said. "We are the second best, everything is going according to the plan" and other bullshit.

Vanja #66

dialtone wrote:
15 Nov 2023, 19:41
There’s no way the reason is so simple. I know we like to joke about it but they are not that stupid.
[/quote]

Public image is of utmost importance to them, so getting the P2 in WCC is a good damage limitation for the public and shareholders. They could have switched Sainz and Leclerc in Monza and get an easy P2 and pressure Max a bit, but they didn't because it could be a bad image. Note the could, just a posibility of it is enough for them to get very reserved.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Sainz says:

organic

Not many louvres open jeez. Gonna be super slippery

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

A familiar sight...

edit: it looks like a manhole cover took out the PU.
Last edited by AR3-GP on 17 Nov 2023, 06:48, edited 1 time in total.

organic

Possibly anotherr control unit related issue?

In #Sainz the control unit that transmits the data also crashed apparently, for reference it usually happens when they have bad accidents, let's see what they say