2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Vanja #66

Re: 2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Good thing they award points for Q!

Oh, wait

And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Vanja #66 wrote:
18 Nov 2023, 11:06
Good thing they award points for Q!

Oh, wait

https://media.tenor.com/61Oy4qzWe-kAAAA ... n-what.gif
:lol: :lol:

The race should be interesting. I read that they extended the DRS zone 50m after T12.

While I like to imagine Ver running away with it, the long straights, slipstreaming, and DRS zones are an intangible which make it harder to imagine a RB disappearing act. Leclerc is so pesky too. :lol:

Juzh

Vanja #66 wrote:
17 Nov 2023, 13:28
Mercedes are the saddest bunch of hypocrites on the grid.
"always have been"

Sevach
Sevach

No idea if Max gets Charles in the race, but the car is good here, race pace looks good and this wasn't some super lap to steal pole, that's the position the car deserves to be.
Fingers crossed for win number 2.

LM10
LM10

Sevach wrote:
18 Nov 2023, 19:48
No idea if Max gets Charles in the race, but the car is good here, race pace looks good and this wasn't some super lap to steal pole, that's the position the car deserves to be.
Fingers crossed for win number 2.
Agreed. Charles even described his pole lap as disappointing. So the car definitely was the one to beat in qualifying. But it also looks strong on race pace not only looking at the long run data in practice, but at the fact Charles set the fastest lap of Q1 on 7 laps old Softs.

search

Duchessa says the incident on Friday caused 1,5+ million Euro damage for the team:

I don't doubt that this is what the parts were worth, but is he really right about the limitation that come with it? I mean, they'd build new chassis for 2024 anyway, don't they?

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

search wrote:
18 Nov 2023, 20:27
Duchessa says the incident on Friday caused 1,5+ million Euro damage for the team:

I don't doubt that this is what the parts were worth, but is he really right about the limitation that come with it? I mean, they'd build new chassis for 2024 anyway, don't they?
Yes but an unused chassis wouldn't have counted against the '23 expenses (so that could be spent for '24 development instead).

LM10
LM10

Harsher consequences for Ferrari due to the complete incompetence of the FIA than the penalty RedBull got for the budget cap violation.

With such tight regulations and a strong opponent in RedBull to close the gap to this amount of money can have big impact on next year's car performance. Ridiculous...

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

What an amazing qualy from Charles even if his last Q2 attempt was faster.
I think he can win this one tomorrow.

f1316
f1316

Spoutnik wrote:
18 Nov 2023, 21:54
Yeah, I think at least it’s his best chance this year. In some ways I think they’re stronger here than in Singapore but just without RB catastrophe they had there. I don’t say that he’s favourite by any stretch, but I think if he can make a good start and get the strategy right, it’s game on. I also suspect Carlos may be able to grab a podium, and his main fight for 3rd is probably with Checo (possibly Russell).

Would be a reasonable turnaround of the season to grab two wins - even if on outlier street circuits - particularly given they were unable to redesign the car exactly as they would have liked. I think the strong points of the car bode well for at least partially closing the gap to RB next year with a renewed concept.

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

f1316 wrote:
18 Nov 2023, 23:05
Spoutnik wrote:
Yeah, I think at least it’s his best chance this year. In some ways I think they’re stronger here than in Singapore but just without RB catastrophe they had there. I don’t say that he’s favourite by any stretch, but I think if he can make a good start and get the strategy right, it’s game on. I also suspect Carlos may be able to grab a podium, and his main fight for 3rd is probably with Checo (possibly Russell).

Would be a reasonable turnaround of the season to grab two wins - even if on outlier street circuits - particularly given they were unable to redesign the car exactly as they would have liked. I think the strong points of the car bode well for at least partially closing the gap to RB next year with a renewed concept.
Carlos should come back to Max & Charles pretty quickly if he can avoid chaos. There will be at least one safety car.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Spoutnik wrote:
18 Nov 2023, 23:49
f1316 wrote:
18 Nov 2023, 23:05
Spoutnik wrote:

Carlos should come back to Max & Charles pretty quickly if he can avoid chaos. There will be at least one safety car.
We haven't had a crash all weekend which I find telling. It's a very easy track.

Schippke
Schippke

So another strategy call from Ferrari throwing Charles under the bus… they’ve just lost this I feel. Cannot believe they didn’t put Charles there. Red Bull managed it with 8 seconds, why couldn’t Ferrari?!

organic

Defeat from the jaws of victory

Sevach
Sevach

The strategy was good until the SC, in hindsight track position over Perez wasn't worth giving up a tire offset.
Also the car may have been a bit better on mediums.