2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Xyz22
Xyz22

Re: 2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

scuderiabrandon wrote:
24 Nov 2023, 14:18
Xyz22 wrote:
24 Nov 2023, 14:00
scuderiabrandon wrote:
24 Nov 2023, 13:59
Robert gets to 100% exponentially quicker, to me it is down to fuel loads. The difference is too stark to be representitive although we always see the bigger lifts from Sainz.
The pattern (throttle use) is similar even in the high fuel load run.
Did robert do high fuel runs?
Shorter than Sainz, only 3 laps.

Vanja #66

Xyz22 wrote:
24 Nov 2023, 13:46
I used Firefox built in screenshots and copied it on Twitter DMs.
You can check the telemetry on F1 - Tempo. Robert uses more throttle in the corners. Sainz pretty much 0.
DMs are private, that's why it doesn't work outside the social media domain :) I've seen what you meant, the difference is substantial. Leclerc also sometimes does this throttle modulation, but not as much, Sainz very rarely. I don't think this is as important now as it was with analogue throttle and little to non electronic control.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

organic

Sizeable crash for Sainz in Fp2. Quite a lot of damage to be honest

LM10
LM10

It might have been a joke from Vasseur when he said that they might skip Abu Dhabi. But just do it I’d say.

Unbelievable.

Luscion
Luscion

suspension damage as well according to brundle

Xyz22
Xyz22

Charles on it today.
Quite fast despite no running in FP1.

Let's see tomorrow the race pace. If the deg will be like in Austin and no mistakes, we could have a shot for the podium

Mini long run

In the mini run Leclerc lifted massively in turn 2, sector 1. I don't know if he did because he was scared of what happened to Sainz or if is a strategy to save tyres.

"The floor introduced in Suzuka improved the feeling for Leclerc, but he made a huge step in adapting his driving style. Even in Abu Dhabi, the SF-23 is the car that stays the least time in corners"

Vanja #66

That looked like such an unfortunate incident for Sainz, must have been a perfect storm of bumps and dirty air to cause such a huge snap... Hoping he can bounce back tomorrow and without any penalties.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

organic

Vanja #66 wrote:
24 Nov 2023, 19:44
That looked like such an unfortunate incident for Sainz, must have been a perfect storm of bumps and dirty air to cause such a huge snap... Hoping he can bounce back tomorrow and without any penalties.
Formula Uno say that sainz had old pu and gearbox in the car and that the new components were planned to be fitted overnight anyway so the crash hasn't changed any plans or caused penalties

But it does make a clean fp3 absolutely key

scuderiabrandon

Xyz22 wrote:
24 Nov 2023, 16:04
Charles on it today.

Let's see tomorrow the race pace. If the deg will be like in Austin and no mistakes, we could have a shot for the podium

Mini long run

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F_tFidlWgAA ... me=900x900

In the mini run Leclerc lifted massively in turn 2, sector 1. I don't know if he did because he was scared of what happened to Sainz or if is a strategy to save tyres.

"The floor introduced in Suzuka improved the feeling for Leclerc, but he made a huge step in adapting his driving style. Even in Abu Dhabi, the SF-23 is the car that stays the least time in corners"
LEC lifts in 2-3-15, all fast corners where you are putting a lot of energy through the tyres. Across all 5 his timed laps the lfits are pretty consistent.

I think he is pretty low on battery on the final lap because he isn't lifting but not gaining any time.

Xyz22
Xyz22

scuderiabrandon wrote:
24 Nov 2023, 20:25
Xyz22 wrote:
24 Nov 2023, 16:04
Charles on it today.

Mini long run

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F_tFidlWgAA ... me=900x900

LEC lifts in 2-3-15, all fast corners where you are putting a lot of energy through the tyres. Across all 5 his timed laps the lfits are pretty consistent.

I think he is pretty low on battery on the final lap because he isn't lifting but not gaining any time.
Yep, it's intended for sure. This is the same strategy Max used in other races, but of course they had an insane advantage in other type of corners.

Anyway, Robert is indeed extreme on the throttle even compared to Charles.

search

different team, I know, but Wolff said that it wasn't possible to do turn 2 at full speed in FP2 without increased ride height. So it may also have something to do with Ferrari not wanting to do exactly that.

But we'll see tomorrow I guess. This was a low fuel long run only, so I wouldn't be too surprised if they need to increase it.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

search wrote:
25 Nov 2023, 01:06
different team, I know, but Wolff said that it wasn't possible to do turn 2 at full speed in FP2 without increased ride height. So it may also have something to do with Ferrari not wanting to do exactly that.

But we'll see tomorrow I guess. This was a low fuel long run only, so I wouldn't be too surprised if they need to increase it.
It could be a ride height thing or it could be a suspension stiffness thing where the car lowers too much.

aleks_ader

On positive side. Reliability on powertrain side did improve massively. Any more than minor improvement in 2024 is delusion. Both Ferrari and Merc operational engineering structures are seemingly totally flawed because their inefficacity got exposed big time in this new salary cap era. Personally if they get correlation right from simulator and all till preseason test will be major achivement. Any big performance goals are pointless to be set IMO. After all its prototype series. I would say Ferrari needs just another 2021 like pragmatic approach and build on it. All in preparation for new engine ruleset and aero rules. Same goes for Merc.
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

Schippke
Schippke

… and goodbye P2 in the Constructors Championship.

Was at least hoping to have both cars in Q3, so now up to Charles to heavily out score the Mercedes… which is unlikely judging by their pace this weekend. Seems to have vanished overnight, if not maybe they showed their hand too early on…

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Schippke wrote:
25 Nov 2023, 16:25
… and goodbye P2 in the Constructors Championship.
Hang on, Hamilton doesn't want it either, lol.

Should Sainz take a new PU, with the Monza mappings?