BrawnGP

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Carbon
Carbon

Re: BrawnGP

Are we still talking BrawnGP, or has this thread devolved into some fictitious formula discussion?

Perhaps start a new thread, let's get back to topic.

Giblet
Giblet

BRAWNGP

Did you rad my whole last reply, or just the first part that was not on topic? I guess you being the 3rd person to say this, is _likely_ enough. :)

BRAWNGP

Better?

BRAWNGP
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

James_graham
James_graham

Ray wrote:What's with the checkerboard pattern on the intake? I thought CF had a weave patter to it?

I know this was put in a while ago but that Carbon firbre is usually used on the rear of the car as it has good drapability and the large tows make it less expensive than a fine weave.

lauromoura
lauromoura

Here's Rubens steering wheel in Nurburgring, from his twitpic.

mattclinch

Brawn new aero package for Hungary includes Red Bull style nose horns?

EDIT: sorry, realised this is old news.

zgred

Scotch tape action again

bjpower
bjpower

does anyone know why brawn are the only team not running the vertical boards attached to the sidepod?

you know the one some teams put there mirror on.
I find it odd that there the only ones

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

Where was this giant upgrade then? I couldn't see anything new on the car, nothing radically new anyway. I did notice a change in the engine cover around the exhausts, asymmetrical like those of the McLaren...

mstar
mstar

exactly my point what was the upgrades in the hungary gp? anyone know?

sunny1304
sunny1304

i guess the updates did not work in a proper way tested in the practice sessions....so BRAWN is more or less ruiing their silverstone version.

pipex
pipex

i didn't see any big update either.

From the BrawnGP features site Loic Bigois said:
...we are introducing a reasonable number of new aerodynamic components for the BGP 001 here...
...Jenson and Rubens both gave some positive feedback on the new parts today after track testing them for the first time which is good news.
For me, it seems that the updates were not enough to compete with RBR.
"We will have to wait and see".

Michiba
Michiba

I had predicted that Brawn would start going backwards during the season when they start running out of cash to develop their cars. Compare this with RBR who started with a decent car and maintained steady development and are now arguably in the lead. We can also bring MCl and Ferrari into this who represent the rich teams, starting with relatively slow cars, but through their development (using their relatively large funds to overcome the cars shortcomings) have caught up to be up there with RBR.

I know I have generalised, but I think this really puts the arguments over budget caps into perspective as it highlights how the use of large funds can improve/buy performance.

mstar
mstar

its a valid point, you guys all make here. I can only speculate that the updates didn't all go on the car as before the race they said:

- new engine cover
- new floor
- front wing (suitable for hungary)
- diffuser? (i cnt remember this)

so i dnt know which remained on the car for qualy or race. It seems to me with Loic being in hungary maybe friday they were testing the parts to make them better and it was not a exercise to put on and "off you go there is the laptime performance". maybe we expect them to be refined further? and if they DID work they keep them on the car for the whole weekend.

i think they were putting some bits on to evaluate the results in the factory and on track correlate.

anybody else got pics on ANY updates brawn used for fri-sun?

PNSD
PNSD

They used a new diffuser.

The bits around the exhausts and engine cover were new!

And as for the floor, well there have never been detailed shots of anny floor on any car so its difficult to know and as for the front wing i didnt notice any change.

Saying that has not RedBulls front wing pretty much stayed the same also?

mstar
mstar

Did they run the new diffuser, engine cover/exhasut bits in the race?

well i think ross brawn eluded that maybe a part they put on recently has made the car sensitive to tempertures, i just hope they find out what. How would they find this out without testing etc???? anybody know?