2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
mwillems

Re: 2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

_cerber1 wrote:
16 Jan 2024, 19:01
https://mclaren.bloomreach.io/cdn-cgi/i ... ro-arm.jpg

A little boring, but I think that has to do with the weight of the paint.
Agreed, it's really uninspiring.

I did love the final special livery last year

I don't mind Papaya and Black, it just needs something to give it some fizz and bring it to life.

Mclaren is the cool and fun team on the grid now, right? I wish the livery reflected that.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

Marc.W

_cerber1 wrote:
16 Jan 2024, 19:01
https://mclaren.bloomreach.io/cdn-cgi/i ... ro-arm.jpg

A little boring, but I think that has to do with the weight of the paint.
Change the Orange to Red and the black to white and it's just a Marlboro livery :lol:

stonehenge
stonehenge

Wow, this is much more info than I expected from a livery launch, especially this early, and given that they're still set to do an actual car launch. It's hard to read anything but optimism into this. It seems like they very much hit all their targets and that those were pretty ambitious, too. And both Stella and Brown essentially said they can fight Red Bull *unless* Red Bull makes such a large jump that no one could catch them. Basically, they seem to think that if there is any chance of beating Red Bull, they have it. Usually teams tend to phrase it as "we're confident in what we did, but we don't know if it'll be enough" (this is pretty much what James Allison said). McLaren are outright saying "we're confident in what we did, but we don't know if THEY did too much to catch up to." It's a subtle difference, but quite an important one.

Mostlyeels
Mostlyeels

Mansell89 wrote:
16 Jan 2024, 19:38
Only F1 could shoot itself in the foot to the point where it sabotages the joy and beauty of liveries that fans enjoy, because teams need to save that weight.

It looks okay, but very unexciting and as I say, limited by the need for weight save.

I hate where we’re at as a sport right now, haven’t enjoyed these new heavy boats with massive wheels and dull liveries at all.

Anyway, back to Macca- any reason for the early livery launch?? Unusual right?
I've seen much worse livery years than these last few. I remember in the first year or so of V6T every car was black, grey, and white (except Ferrari and RB). At least now there are actual colours, and differences between the teams.

organic

Livery looks great imo.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

MrGapes wrote:
16 Jan 2024, 19:48

Looks like the first images of the working section of the new wt.
They are finally are getting their act together with this livery.

BassVirolla

BassVirolla wrote:
15 Jan 2024, 18:17
A very black "livery" (bare carbon fiber) is whatever it takes to save weight (increasing ballast capacity).

🧐
Where is my award? :lol:

ScottR267
ScottR267

Interesting to see big sponsor spaces on the front wing and side of the rear wing. Zak got some magic up his sleeves I wonder?

Macklaren
Macklaren

BassVirolla wrote:
16 Jan 2024, 21:32
BassVirolla wrote:
15 Jan 2024, 18:17
A very black "livery" (bare carbon fiber) is whatever it takes to save weight (increasing ballast capacity).

🧐
Where is my award? :lol:
I think I beat you to it?? :lol:
Macklaren wrote:
09 Jan 2024, 17:09
Interesting mention of a "new look"... Not sure if that means only racesuits or the livery as well. All black car with neon orange and blue highlights (like the show in the picture) anyone?

bauc

I love the ''new'' color scheme, and I like the fact that they will not show the actual car until preseason test. This gives me hopes that they have something in their sleeves.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

bauc wrote:
16 Jan 2024, 22:46
I love the ''new'' color scheme, and I like the fact that they will not show the actual car until preseason test. This gives me hopes that they have something in their sleeves.
The launch is a week before preseason test?

organic

The livery launched now because it leaked I think

Therefore it's quite possible the Feb date was originally intended just to be the livery launch.. so I wouldn't get your hopes up we see the car before testing

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

organic wrote:
16 Jan 2024, 23:51

Therefore it's quite possible the Feb date was originally intended just to be the livery launch.. so I wouldn't get your hopes up we see the car before testing
Any reason why you think the livery was leaked?
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Macklaren
Macklaren

organic wrote:

I don't think so at all. It has been an elaborate 3 day roll-out

organic

Ground Effect wrote:
17 Jan 2024, 00:07
organic wrote:

Any reason why you think the livery was leaked?
Don't want to get anyone in trouble but I can confirm it was leaked ahead of time