2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
FW17

Re: 2024 Former AlphaTauri F1 Team. New SAT Team name TBC.

cplchanb
cplchanb

well i guess now we can call the cars Visa Car(d)s lol

stonehenge
stonehenge

The starting lineup graphics use a chassis+power unit combination for a name, so at least in one graphic the team name will be "RB Honda RBPT." How is this real?

chrisc90

dren wrote:
24 Jan 2024, 14:51
The big brother car is named after an energy drink, how is this that much worse/different?
Red Bull is absolutely MASSIVE in the world of sports. Probably one of the largest groups of teams going. Red Bull is involved in just about every sport going.

scuderiabrandon

The team now has ZERO identity

Who are they? RB? what's that stand for? Red Bull, Racing Bulls? Raging Bulls? Ras Berries? Red Bananas?

They'll need to rebrand every single time the title sponsor changes. For me there is no longevity in this project. You can very clearly tell this is their last attempt at making something out of this team. It's a bold strategy but it seems that's all they have left. It'll be sold before the VISA contract runs out.

Team Faenza is what I'll be calling them

michl420
michl420

I WILL NOT LEARN, SAY, USE OR REMEMBER THIS NAME !!!!! #-o

I will refer to them as OB. Other Bulls.

djos

Argh, what a horrid name! I’m just going to call them Racing Bulls as that is clearly what RB is supposed to stand for.
"In downforce we trust"

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

It's an abomination of course..but I'll change the thread title to reflect the monstrous comedy that this one will be
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

djos

CMSMJ1 wrote:
25 Jan 2024, 00:14
It's an abomination of course..but I'll change the thread title to reflect the monstrous comedy that this one will be
*Shudders*
"In downforce we trust"

organic

Re: 2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

Wow. I am disgusted!

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

ghastly :lol:

djos

At least there’s some good joke opportunities, I guess.
Sky Sports’ Craig Slater poked fun at the new name.

“If they get really fast and hit top speed on a straight, they would hit the Visa Limit,” Slater said.

“And how about this. If Daniel Ricciardo and Yuki Tsunoda go through an entire season without having a crash it would be Visa Contactless.”
https://apple.news/A6P9dxZWASJCg4ighDBIQbA

But mainly, I agree with Ed. :(
Meanwhile, Edd Straw of The Race said it is “the worst team name in F1 history”, adding: “(it) is an embarrassment to Red Bull and Formula 1 as a whole.

“Not only does it sound fatuous, but it also showcases an avaricious lack of imagination that can only be spirit-sapping for those working for the team and signal to the hundreds of millions watching that this is not a competitor to be taken seriously,” Straw wrote.
"In downforce we trust"

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Let's not forget that this is what the sponsors asked and paid for. If Visa and Cash App want to pay millions to get naming rights, then why would Faenza say no?

scuderiabrandon

AR3-GP wrote:
25 Jan 2024, 01:27
Let's not forget that this is what the sponsors asked and paid for. If Visa and Cash App want to pay millions to get naming rights, then why would Faenza say no?
No ones argued otherwise if Visa pay enough to be the title sponsor so be it, but the team has no identity now, and that was a conscious decision made by Red Bull that not something Visa or Cash App decides. Before they existed without title sponsor. Alpha Tauri existed away from Orlen for example. Haas exists away from Moneygram and so does Alpine away from BWT. They've sold out simple as that. They could've sold this team to someone else at this point.

Are they going to rebrand everytime they get a new title sponsor? Are they going to have to change websites, merch, team attire, liveries, socials everytime the title sponsor changes? The answer to that is yes. So who's RB? Who are the fans supporting?

And I think it's kind of insulting to fans who use to support a "team". Now they have to support a sponsor.

And teams with heritage and identities are being held out of the sport because "they don't add anything". Well I don't think this team is adding anything either, and in fact I'd argue they are now adding even less.