2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
dren

Re: 2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

Vanja #66 wrote:
25 Jan 2024, 14:24
"“Not just a name change”: Red Bull wants its second team to be title contenders"

https://www.racefans.net/2024/01/24/not ... ontenders/

So it's now allowed to have 2 teams both fully committed to fighting for the wins and titles? Mercedes and Ferrari better hurry up and buy another 2 teams, each...
What should they say? We want our second team to bring up the ass end, thanks to Visa for making that possible.
Honda!

chrisc90

Yeah, any team wants to say that.

Not like they going to say we want our second team to battle with those at the back of the grid.

Vanja #66

chrisc90 wrote:
25 Jan 2024, 14:45
Yeah, any team wants to say that.

Not like they going to say we want our second team to battle with those at the back of the grid.
The second team was made to be used as a training and testing team for the most promising youngsters and it was only accepted by other teams as such at the time. This is basically saying - Ok, 20 years later we are now going to go back on our word, do what we want and we will have 2 teams aiming for those titles. Might as well put the finger up and laugh at everyone "And you thought the 21 budget cap breach was bad"
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Vanja #66 wrote:
25 Jan 2024, 14:24
"“Not just a name change”: Red Bull wants its second team to be title contenders"

https://www.racefans.net/2024/01/24/not ... ontenders/

So it's now allowed to have 2 teams both fully committed to fighting for the wins and titles? Mercedes and Ferrari better hurry up and buy another 2 teams, each...
Ferrari are already the proxy owners of Haas. No Ferrari, no Haas. I will remind you of this regularly :wink: :lol:

Vanja #66

AR3-GP wrote:
25 Jan 2024, 15:48
Ferrari are already the proxy owners of Haas. No Ferrari, no Haas. I will remind you of this regularly :wink: :lol:
Sorry man, they are literally 100% owned by Gene Haas and their 2 bases are Kannapolis, USA and Banbury, UK. Dallara makes their chassis, not Ferrari. Kudos for trying =D>
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

organic

Yeah it's very different. There is technical and organizational partnership between Haas and Ferrari. RB and "RB" are owned by the same company and the same people are in charge of each team.. which feels completely against the spirit of competition.

FW17

If half of RBT staff sneak into the RB dining room, RBR will have more upgrade money..............

Wouter

organic wrote:
25 Jan 2024, 16:11
Yeah it's very different. There is technical and organizational partnership between Haas and Ferrari.
RB and "RB" are owned by the same company and the same people are in charge of each team.
which feels completely against the spirit of competition.
I don't think so. They hired Peter Bayer to be in charge of AlphaTauri (CEO) and not for RBR.
The owner of RBR and "RB" is the same but different people are in charge of each team.
The Power of Dreams!

scuderiabrandon

Wouter wrote:
25 Jan 2024, 16:28
organic wrote:
Yeah it's very different. There is technical and organizational partnership between Haas and Ferrari.
RB and "RB" are owned by the same company and the same people are in charge of each team.
I don't think so. They hired Peter Bayer to be in charge of AlphaTauri (CEO) and not for RBR.
The owner of RBR and "RB" is the same but different people are in charge of each team.
Please go watch "whatever it takes" documentary and listen to Franz speak. It is very clear who calls the shots for this B-team

Wouter

scuderiabrandon wrote:
25 Jan 2024, 17:00
Wouter wrote:
organic wrote:
Please go watch "whatever it takes" documentary and listen to Franz speak. It is very clear who calls the shots for this B-team
Please go and watch when the docu "whatever it takes" was made! :wink:

From the YT video: "The world premiere of Whatever it Takes, in Venice back in September 2023, was a great success."

Peter Bayer became the CEO of AlphaTauri after the docu was made and Tost said those things.
The Power of Dreams!

scuderiabrandon

Wouter wrote:
25 Jan 2024, 17:09
scuderiabrandon wrote:
Wouter wrote:

From the YT video: "The world premiere of Whatever it Takes, in Venice back in September 2023, was a great success."

Peter Bayer became the CEO of AlphaTauri after the docu was made and Tost said those things.
You are completely missing the point on purpose. Who the Team Principal is has no relevance, they answer to the owners, who also happen to own another team on the grid.

Red Bull call the shots, they make the decisions, no TP can override the owners choices.

Wouter

scuderiabrandon wrote:
25 Jan 2024, 17:13
Wouter wrote:
scuderiabrandon wrote:

You are completely missing the point on purpose.
Who the Team Principal is has no relevance, they answer to the owners, who also happen to own another team on the grid.

Red Bull call the shots, they make the decisions, no TP can override the owners choices.
Excuse me?! On purpose?! :roll:

Peter Bayer isn't the Team Principal, he is the CEO.
The Power of Dreams!

scuderiabrandon

Wouter wrote:
25 Jan 2024, 17:23
scuderiabrandon wrote:
Wouter wrote:

Who the Team Principal is has no relevance, they answer to the owners, who also happen to own another team on the grid.

My bad forgot Mekies will be TP.

That still doesn't change anything for me personally. Red Bull call the shots, like they always have and always will.

Wouter

scuderiabrandon wrote:
25 Jan 2024, 17:29
Wouter wrote:
25 Jan 2024, 17:23
scuderiabrandon wrote:

My bad forgot Mekies will be TP.

That still doesn't change anything for me personally. Red Bull call the shots, like they always have and always will.
Oct 20 2023.
With Mateschitz gone, ownership of the energy drinks company is now divided between his son Mark, who has a 49% stake, and Thai billionaire Chalerm Yoovidhya who has majority control.

There is also a new CEO in Oliver Mintzlaff, who has got up to speed with the world of F1 having been previously involved in Red Bull’s football activities.

Horner: “I think through his [Marko] relationship with Dietrich, that gave us [and now also Bayer], and gave me, the freedom to get on and run the business. It avoided being bogged down by corporate treacle.

“We were able to maintain the essence of operating like a race team, making fast and decisive decisions, which we continue to do, but just in a slightly different way.
“When we've needed to act swiftly or decisively, they've absolutely done that - whether it was on the acquisition of a building or a decision that needed to be done quickly,” he said.

“From a team point of view, in our world, nothing has fundamentally changed. For Red Bull Racing, nothing's really changed, we're still going about our business and getting on with the job in hand.

“So there's been a management restructure there that perhaps aligns it more closely with Red Bull Racing to make best use of the synergies that are permissible within the framework of the regulations.”

“As Red Bull continues to be successful in its own right in their mainstream business, so I've had the freedom and autonomy to get on, which is so important in F1,” he said.

“It’s one of the reasons why we've been so successful over the last 20 years or so. We've got tremendous support. We're investing in a new windtunnel, which has been signed off by both shareholders [in 2020].
When Mintzlaff saw everything went well in April 2023 they agreed that Horner and Marko could make the decisions and all they had to do was report everything. Mintzlaff fully trusts that they will handle things properly themselves and if things don't go well, Mintzlaff of course has the final say.
The Power of Dreams!

organic

‘RB’ does not stand for ‘Racing Bulls’ name shown on FIA F1 entry list
a representative of the team, which competed as AlphaTauri last year, confirmed to RaceFans the initials ‘RB’ in its new name does not stand for ‘Racing Bulls’ or another phrase.
https://www.racefans.net/2024/01/25/rb- ... ntry-list/