2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
organic

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

sunny1304r wrote:
01 Feb 2024, 15:06
So where will Sainz go now ?
Well there will be further driver moves probably in 2025 with Merc wanting to fill their 2nd seat and who knows what else. Regardless audi, amr, RB or McLaren (in event that piastri moves) could be possible. Maybe alpine looks more attractive by that point as well

LM10
LM10

Very surprising news! I would have never thought of seeing Hamilton at Ferrari. The question is… does Lewis know something we don’t? Like when he moved from McLaren to Mercedes in 2013 because he knew they were going to dominate? Ferrari the team to beat 2026 onwards? :D

Or maybe he just wants to drive for Ferrari before retiring because everyone is a Ferrari fan and Mercedes’ focus on Russell will only increase in the future.

dialtone
dialtone

I bet this isn’t just about F1 and Lewis wants to keep racing past F1 and Ferrari has the 296 that just won Daytona and 499P that just won Lemans. Mercedes doesn’t have this to offer yet.

Sidiamal
Sidiamal

The best asset beyond the pure fact that driver is elite and a proven serial winner is that he has a fantastic network with very talented engineers and crew members. There's a lot of Mercedes people who are going to be thinking very hard about whether their best bet is joining the captain at the new ship.

iulian_florea
iulian_florea

The best way for Ferrari to make sure that Hamilton doesn't surpass Schumacher's record is to have him join the team. :wink:

dren

iulian_florea wrote:
01 Feb 2024, 15:32
The best way for Ferrari to make sure that Hamilton doesn't surpass Schumacher's record is to have him join the team. :wink:
Now you're thinking! Kimi Raikkonen will forever be the last Ferrari WDC.
Honda!

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

dialtone wrote:
01 Feb 2024, 15:20
I bet this isn’t just about F1 and Lewis wants to keep racing past F1 and Ferrari has the 296 that just won Daytona and 499P that just won Lemans. Mercedes doesn’t have this to offer yet.
I think it's simpler than that. If ever there was any doubt that every F1 driver wants to drive for Ferrari, Hamilton just confirmed it. Mercedes just isn't the same thing as Ferrari.

wogx

Charles Leclerc rn
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

organic

AR3-GP wrote:
01 Feb 2024, 15:49
dialtone wrote:
01 Feb 2024, 15:20
I think it's simpler than that. If ever there was any doubt that every F1 driver wants to drive for Ferrari, Hamilton just confirmed it. Mercedes just isn't the same thing as Ferrari.
No doubt Max will go through the same thing as well. Can 100% see him leaving RB for Ferrari at some point

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

Alonsismo wrote:
01 Feb 2024, 14:23
DGP123 wrote:
01 Feb 2024, 13:36
AMG.Tzan wrote:
01 Feb 2024, 13:17
Far and beyond Hamilton’s worst career choice…

Nothing to gain from going to Ferrari! Leclerc isn’t Russell! The guy is the fastest over a single lap at least (and I’m a Hamilton fan)! Also Mercedes is rumored to be ahead with its engine for 2026…

So probably just a money and fame move…
Charlie LEC bins it under any real championship pressure, or did you erase all those spins and crashes from your memory? Quick over one lap does not win you a race on Sunday. Lewis’ race craft and experience is still miles ahead of Leclerc.

As for the engine rumours. Exactly that. Just rumours.
hamilton is the most overrated driver of the history

he is a driver that only was the better driver over a season once (in 2015)
he is extremely weak mentally, he is a diva, but he is british and the special product of the f1 establishment...
Dearest forumites - some of these posts are reported. It's easy to see which, and why. Let's settle back down to the pre launch doldrums eh?

This thread has become a hotbed for snazzy takes and cheeky quips. it is the 2024 team thread so not really the place for it - though as excitement is high maybe there can be a tiny bit of slack.

However - Just wow. Alonsismo...that's a strong opinion and if there was any chance of having a conversation on that opinion in some bar over a cold cerveza, that would be interesting...

Can we all take a breath before posting nonsense please? Team 2024 - Ferrari. Not Merc drivers, now or in future and not opinions on driver careers etc. That's OT and liable for the deletion

The 2025 Team thread has all of the opportunity to be a beauty though, right?

Now, back to it.
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

organic

CMSMJ1 wrote:
01 Feb 2024, 16:08
Alonsismo wrote:
01 Feb 2024, 14:23
DGP123 wrote:
01 Feb 2024, 13:36

[--]
[--]
[--]
Can we all take a breath before posting nonsense please? Team 2024 - Ferrari. Not Merc drivers, now or in future and not opinions on driver careers etc. That's OT and liable for the deletion

The 2025 Team thread has all of the opportunity to be a beauty though, right?

Now, back to it.
But sir, Hamilton is a Ferrari driver!

Cs98
Cs98

dren wrote:
01 Feb 2024, 15:48
iulian_florea wrote:
Idk, Verstappen might look at this and fancy a go after Lewis retires.

organic

Cs98 wrote:
01 Feb 2024, 16:13
dren wrote:
01 Feb 2024, 15:48
iulian_florea wrote:
Idk, Verstappen might look at this and fancy a go after Lewis retires.
His admiration of Ferrari is no secret..
“It has an incredible history in this sport and is a great opponent to compete against,” said Max to Sportweek.

“Future at Ferrari? When my current contract expires I will be 31 years old and I think I can still do well.”
“People always ask me if I have a dream team. I know Ferrari has an amazing history in Formula 1 and is an amazing team to race for, but I always said to myself I just want to be in the fastest car. I had to wait a few years to be in the fastest car and now we do have the fastest car and that is a great feeling,” he said.

Cs98
Cs98

organic wrote:
His admiration of Ferrari is no secret..
“It has an incredible history in this sport and is a great opponent to compete against,” said Max to Sportweek.

“Future at Ferrari? When my current contract expires I will be 31 years old and I think I can still do well.”
“People always ask me if I have a dream team. I know Ferrari has an amazing history in Formula 1 and is an amazing team to race for, but I always said to myself I just want to be in the fastest car. I had to wait a few years to be in the fastest car and now we do have the fastest car and that is a great feeling,” he said.
For every champion driver that joins Ferrari and fails to win for Ferrari the person who finally breaks that spell will be ever more legendary. Lewis joining feels like a bit of a hope and a dream rather than a legitimate title candidate. Feels like the stage is being set for a Verstappen contract down the line.

DGP123
DGP123

Cs98 wrote:
Verstappen might look at this and fancy a go after Lewis retires.
Vettel went and failed
Alonso went and failed
Hamilton went and failed
Verstappen went and failed

Imagine in 2032 or something and looking back at this Ferrari line up over the past years, and Kimi was still the last WDC.

Surely at some point Ferrari get it right. Has Lewis timed it right? Just intriguing and a gamble that I think the sport needed to reignite a spark into what has been a drab period of late.