Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
chrisc90

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

I think of RB got rid of Horner, it would be the worse decision I’ve ever seen.

The way he has built the team is just unrivalled.

RB also have to consider who else goes at the same time. Newey? Max? Etc?

Like the Lewis leaving, he leaves with more than just himself

Cs98
Cs98

chrisc90 wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 12:57

Depends on the circumstance. If it's warranted or perceived as unfair/political.

bagajohny
bagajohny

Cs98 wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 12:58
bagajohny wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 12:24
Cs98 wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 12:10
Well yes they are, the term "transgressive behaviour" didn't even come from the RB spokesperson. They said

So we know there have been allegations and that there is an investigation. Good, let's wait and see what the results of that investigation are before speculating on the specifics of what happened. Anything else would be putting the cart before the horse.
Well the term is mentioned in the same article in which the official statement is published. So RB did not object to the term being used.
Not to mention. In that definition you published of "transgressive behaviour". It literally says it covers "every form of unwanted behaviour". So if that is what it is it could literally be anything, so again, inappropriate to make up a story in the absence of evidence.
Yeah well no one is accusing Horner of "murder" since the term does not cover it. So no, it could not be literally anything.
So now we're interpreting that as true because you've assumed they didn't object, or that no objection means it is true? Just more speculation.

Okay, we've narrowed it down from anything to "any unwanted behaviour", now we can freely speculate and make up any story that fits under "any unwanted behaviour" :lol: Complete lunacy.
You are twisting my words. I did not say anything about it being true. I just said that the speculations are not unwarranted as the MOD was stating. And they have been confirmed by reputed sources unlike the case with previous incident where the source was shady magazine. So people are not to blame for discussing it. They are within the bounds of what is said in the statement. I won't be responding to you any further.

bagajohny
bagajohny

chrisc90 wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 12:57

Yeah especially at this point of time when they are strong contenders to win two more seasons. It does not make any sense to shake the boat now (assuming it was done to get rid of Horner).

Cs98
Cs98

bagajohny wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 13:05
Cs98 wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 12:58
bagajohny wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 12:24

Well the term is mentioned in the same article in which the official statement is published. So RB did not object to the term being used.

Yeah well no one is accusing Horner of "murder" since the term does not cover it. So no, it could not be literally anything.
So now we're interpreting that as true because you've assumed they didn't object, or that no objection means it is true? Just more speculation.

Okay, we've narrowed it down from anything to "any unwanted behaviour", now we can freely speculate and make up any story that fits under "any unwanted behaviour" :lol: Complete lunacy.
You are twisting my words. I did not say anything about it being true. I just said that the speculations are not unwarranted as the MOD was stating. And they have been confirmed by reputed sources unlike the case with previous incident where the source was shady magazine. So people are not to blame for discussing it. They are within the bounds of what is said in the statement. I won't be responding to you any further.
Sorry but the nature of the allegations haven't been confirmed by anyone. All we know is RB saying there has been an allegation and there is an investigation opened into it, sort of like when the FIA opened an investigation into the "previous incident", rampant speculation at that point was also very inappropriate (as we later saw too). And I am not twisting any words, you posted the definition of that term and then tried to use it to justify rampant speculation when it could involve almost any type of behaviour.
I did not say anything about it being true
You tried to use the lack of an objection (something we don't even know) as confirmation that RB would agree with the term "transgressive behaviour". They might, but that is not confirmed yet, we don't have enough information.

ThijsMuis
ThijsMuis

According to information from auto motor und sport, there is supposed to be an interrogation of the parties involved in England on Friday. If the external investigators conclude that the compliance allegations make continued employment impossible, Red Bull will have to quickly look for a new team principal. With Mattia Binotto, Otmar Szafnauer, and Guenther Steiner, several prominent candidates with past experience as team principals would currently be available on the market.
An internal solution is also possible, of course. In this case, team manager Jonathan Wheatley would likely be the first candidate. Red Bull should resolve the issue quickly now. The official presentation of the new RB20 race car is scheduled for next Thursday (15.2.). The launch event should not be overshadowed by the pending proceedings against the team principal. One week later, the first test drives will already begin in Bahrain.
Currently, Horner is still conducting business as usual. On Monday, the boss of Max Verstappen participated in the meeting of the F1 Commission in London.
Auto Motor Und Sport

SiLo

To be honest the findings of the investigation will dictate whether Horner goes, everything else is speculation. Potentially he might be asked to resign if the press is bad enough. I know the saying is there's no such thing as bad press, but if its sexual harassment it definitely is.
Felipe Baby!

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Christian Horner under Investigation

Christian Horner under Investigation - Topic thread.

Will Horner be sacked? Will Adrian Newey go to Ferrari? Has the fall cometh for RB? Discuss.
Last edited by AR3-GP on 06 Feb 2024, 14:20, edited 1 time in total.

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

Do we need a thread?
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

mendis
mendis

CMSMJ1 wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 14:11
Do we need a thread?
It makes sense as the team thread is being stormed by speculations. We don't know if this matter is going to be resolved in days, weeks or months. We have car launch and other stuff coming up in a week. So instead of getting the team thread muddled with everything, let this topic run it's course separately.
Last edited by mendis on 06 Feb 2024, 14:14, edited 1 time in total.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

CMSMJ1 wrote:
Do we need a thread?
Toto/Susie got one: viewtopic.php?t=31441

I think it makes sense to have a different place for the speculation.

Venturiation
Venturiation

From AMUS
According to information from auto motor und sport, there should be a survey of those involved in England on Friday. If the external investigators come to the conclusion that the compliance allegations make it impossible to continue working, Red Bull has to look for a new team boss at short notice. With Mattia Binotto, Otmar Szafnauer and Günther Steiner, several prominent candidates with a team boss past would currently be available on the market.
Source - https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... an-horner/

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

AR3-GP wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 14:13
CMSMJ1 wrote:
Do we need a thread?
Toto/Susie got one: viewtopic.php?t=31441

I think it makes sense to have a different place for the speculations. Will Horner be sacked? Will Adrian Newey go to Ferrari? Has the fall cometh for RB? For anyone interested in this kind of thing, we should have a place for it.
I get that it'll warrant a few more words from those who have not yet thrown their tuppence in :)

Will Newey go to Ferrari > not really this thread?
Will Horner be sacked > Not really this one either, but it will inform the team thread, right?
If RB now slump? Nothing to do with this one either?

I get the feeling to break it out - and go for it.

However (all of you) - Keep it civil and let's stay well away from the wildest of speculations and instead work with what is known.

Right now, not a lot.

If this descends into a stinking mess of waffle and nonsense then it'll be canned. Am sure you guys and girls can keep it fresh and clean.
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

mendis wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 14:12
CMSMJ1 wrote:
Do we need a thread?
It makes sense as the team thread is being stormed by speculations. We don't know if this matter is going to be resolved in days, weeks or months. We have car launch and other stuff coming up in a week. So instead of getting the team thread muddled with everything, let this topic run it's course separately.
Yes - as per my note above.
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

Venturiation
Venturiation

mendis wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 14:12
CMSMJ1 wrote:
Do we need a thread?
according to AMUS friday we have the verdict