2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
denyall

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

They probably hope the competition drives Charles to be better. No doubt they care more about the buzz LH brings to the team and it's usefulness in hiring talented engineers to be apart of something special.

dialtone
dialtone

I'm not sure if you people are trolling or are genuinely serious. I'm gonna go with trolling so I won't engage.

Vanja #66

AR3-GP wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 02:51
Leclerc doesn't need to be teammates with Lewis Hamilton to learn from him. All team radio is available on F1TV. Onboard footage of every pole lap and race lap that Hamilton has ever driven in addition to telemetry is available to him with the help of Ferrari data engineers.
You cannot be serious :lol: :lol: :lol:
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Sidiamal
Sidiamal

There was a conversation earlier in the thread about whether Newey could exit his contract at RBR to join Ferrari and scratch off his regrets of never working with Lewis Hamilton and the Scuderia.

It has long been believed that Christian Horner and Adrian Newey have contracts that protect one another. If one leaves the other can as well. This has never been confirmed - but it makes for an interesting dynamic if something was to happen to Horner...
According to Joe Saward, it may be the case that should the investigation into Horner at Red Bull lead to his destitution, Adrian Newey has the possibility to exit stage left at Red Bull and join another team. Game on? :?

ENGINE TUNER
ENGINE TUNER

Rikhart wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 01:05
Chuckjr wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 00:21
I see it as needless risk by Ferrari. They didn’t need to spend the money. They didn’t need a driver. They didn’t and don’t need what comes with Lewis. Simply in my opinion, it’s a bad call and yes I could be 100% wrong. Just what I think at the moment.
Exactly what I think, and already said so couple of days ago. Do they want to be seen like a hungry team or a golden retirement home...
Hamilton is far better than Sainz, Ferrari have 2 of the 3 aliens on the grid pushing each other to higher heights. Ferrari already spend the max that the cost cap allows and one of the few performance differentiators that they can use their almost unlimited budget on is drivers.

bluechris

Even if i have mixed feelings from the move of Hamilton to Ferrari, especially how Leclerc will perform, i see huge money income to Ferrari from this move.
Hamilton is a cash machine especially in the US.
If they play it right, everyone will benefit from this
Ferrari because it has the best drivers on the grid.
Hamilton because he has a 2nd chance to do something new.
Leclerc because he will have as a teammate a 7 tim3 world champion and he can learn at least that you need to be ruthless to win a championship.

The only thing that is in the air is how good the car will be but the vibes are positive.

Also another positive is that Hamilton is adaptable and i don't think that has problem with a loose end.

codetower

This was a no-brainer for Ferrari. The only one with anything to lose here, and only slightly, is Hamilton. Money means nothing for Ferrari. Even if it did, they just signed the biggest name in the sport. They'll sell tons of merchandise, probably bring in tons of cash with new sponsors, they'll make the money back.

As far as Leclerc, he's in a no-lose situation in this. If he's beaten by Hamilton... he's beaten by one of. the greatest drivers ever. No shame in that. If he beats Lewis, he'll have beaten a 7 time champion. I think Hamilton's arrival will only help Charles. One thing is seeing telemetry, radio chatter, or onboard footage, but nothing beats 1:1 conversations, in the same car, hearing first hand a different point of view. I think this signing is a win/win for all sides.

on another note. engine fire up:

CHT
CHT

bluechris wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 19:17
Even if i have mixed feelings from the move of Hamilton to Ferrari, especially how Leclerc will perform, i see huge money income to Ferrari from this move.
Hamilton is a cash machine especially in the US.
If they play it right, everyone will benefit from this
Ferrari because it has the best drivers on the grid.
Hamilton because he has a 2nd chance to do something new.
Leclerc because he will have as a teammate a 7 tim3 world champion and he can learn at least that you need to be ruthless to win a championship.

The only thing that is in the air is how good the car will be but the vibes are positive.

Also another positive is that Hamilton is adaptable and i don't think that has problem with a loose end.
It will be a win-win situation for both LH and Ferrari in terms of income and brand exposure.
The things that is against LH is perhaps his age and how he will fair against younger Charles.

Will Ferrari make LH their No. 1 status to help him win the 8WDC?
Or will Ferrari give Charles an equal chance to win the WDC?

I guess that if LH doesn't live up to fan expectations, or if LH faces difficulties adjusting to Ferrari team culture, things can move south very quickly.

Either way, it will still be good for Formula 1
Last edited by CHT on 07 Feb 2024, 03:17, edited 1 time in total.

organic

Personally I hope he wins his 8th wdc at Ferrari. Would be rightful after AD didn't go his way (out of his hands) and Ferrari should return to the top if they continue the current trajectory

Chuckjr

It will all be fine and yea everyone will win like you guys say if Lewis wins within the team. Winning cures all team diseases.

But if Charles ends up faster, it will throw a massive monkey wrench into Ferrari because Lewis will not be a #2 if/when Charles is in a position to win the championship, because we know Ferrari goes to supporting one driver mid season if one has more points towards the title. We’ve seen this repeatedly over the years. We know Lewis’ attitude when he isn’t beating his mate. I’m just saying it’s not as easy as it was with Vettel who was much less emotional on and off track. Lewis will not go down quietly because his entire off track schtick depends on him winning in the team and leading the team. He will take the team with him if he can’t beat Charles because imo, Lewis does not respect Ferrari like Charles does. He’d have no problem shaking the ship. He likely sees himself as equal in prestige in many ways. That will affect Ferrari because when Lewis isn’t happy, nobody will be happy. That’s why I said it’s a needless risk. Ferrari really didn’t need this but hey, most everyone here seems convinced a 40+ year old Lewis will likely win and will help Charles along the way and be this amazing team mate and team leader, etc etc etc, and this is the greatest thing for F1 and Ferrari maybe ever. 🤷‍♂️ Ok.

So I guess we will find out soon enough. It’s definitely made for better 2024 and 25 seasons as far as drama is concerned. I’m thankful for that. I’ll definitely be watching Charles more closely.
Watching F1 since 1986.

saviour stivala
saviour stivala

"The mob would destroy me if I let that in!''. Understandable. Just let this one in and enjoy the mob's itching curiosity.

CHT
CHT

Chuckjr wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 08:10
It will all be fine and yea everyone will win like you guys say if Lewis wins within the team. Winning cures all team diseases.

But if Charles ends up faster, it will throw a massive monkey wrench into Ferrari because Lewis will not be a #2 if/when Charles is in a position to win the championship, because we know Ferrari goes to supporting one driver mid season if one has more points towards the title. We’ve seen this repeatedly over the years. We know Lewis’ attitude when he isn’t beating his mate. I’m just saying it’s not as easy as it was with Vettel who was much less emotional on and off track. Lewis will not go down quietly because his entire off track schtick depends on him winning in the team and leading the team. He will take the team with him if he can’t beat Charles because imo, Lewis does not respect Ferrari like Charles does. He’d have no problem shaking the ship. He likely sees himself as equal in prestige in many ways. That will affect Ferrari because when Lewis isn’t happy, nobody will be happy. That’s why I said it’s a needless risk. Ferrari really didn’t need this but hey, most everyone here seems convinced a 40+ year old Lewis will likely win and will help Charles along the way and be this amazing team mate and team leader, etc etc etc, and this is the greatest thing for F1 and Ferrari maybe ever. 🤷‍♂️ Ok.

So I guess we will find out soon enough. It’s definitely made for better 2024 and 25 seasons as far as drama is concerned. I’m thankful for that. I’ll definitely be watching Charles more closely.
I think the relationship between the 2 drivers will be tense from the onset and there will be no honeymoon period. :)

Charles has been with Ferrari since 2019, for sure he is not going to let LH trample all over him and make him look like no 2 driver.

Lewis on the other hand , a 7xWDC still eyeing for the 8th WDC is not going to allow any opportunity to slip away.

Ferrari will have tough time managing the 2 drivers for sure. perhaps a replay of LH vs Alonso at Mclaren again in 2007? Plenty of drama to come for sure.

Sidiamal
Sidiamal

Hopefully the car had as much love put into it as the engine fire-up vidoe :mrgreen:

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

CHT wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 10:22
I think the relationship between the 2 drivers will be tense from the onset and there will be no honeymoon period. :)

Charles has been with Ferrari since 2019, for sure he is not going to let LH trample all over him and make him look like no 2 driver.

Lewis on the other hand , a 7xWDC still eyeing for the 8th WDC is not going to allow any opportunity to slip away.

Ferrari will have tough time managing the 2 drivers for sure. perhaps a replay of LH vs Alonso at Mclaren again in 2007? Plenty of drama to come for sure.
I don't think so. Leclerc is a very unpolitical driver and rarely ever gets involved in controversy. His test will be whether he can stand up to the politics and campaigning from Hamilton's side.

CHT
CHT

AR3-GP wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 13:36
CHT wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 10:22

I don't think so. Leclerc is a very unpolitical driver and rarely ever gets involved in controversy.
Mr nice guy rarely win champion in F1and I don't think Charles have been tested like this before. its like having a alpha male coming to his own den..