Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ThijsMuis
ThijsMuis

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

dans79 wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 21:52
AR3-GP wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 21:26
That has nothing to do with the suggestion. It is about setting up an organization where Newey can thrive. Ron Dennis could not figure this out.
If Newey decided it was time to leave RB, I think he would go to whoever told him he could work from home, didn't have to go to races and gave him a decent pay bump!
I think Newey leaving for Ferrari will be certainty if Horner is fired.
Lewis leaving merc might have known something was happening and activated it before Ferrari finalised Sainz for 25.
I read Sainz was still negotiating so this looks very reactive.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

ThijsMuis wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 23:50
dans79 wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:
That has nothing to do with the suggestion. It is about setting up an organization where Newey can thrive. Ron Dennis could not figure this out.
If Newey decided it was time to leave RB, I think he would go to whoever told him he could work from home, didn't have to go to races and gave him a decent pay bump!
Lewis leaving merc might have known something was happening and activated it before Ferrari finalised Sainz for 25.
I don't believe it's the case. There would be too many cooks in the kitchen at Ferrari.

The one thing Ferrari could provide which is unique is designing a road car for Ferrari.

cplchanb
cplchanb

dans79 wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 20:53
kptaylor wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 20:06
Latest says it involves, "incredibly controlling behavior." What could that possibly mean? Not sexual harassment apparently.
Sounds like hostile interactions with a personal assistant type of deal.
so I guess he may have pulled a Jeremy Clarkson on one of the employees?

Venturiation
Venturiation

AR3-GP wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 23:54
ThijsMuis wrote:
dans79 wrote:

I don't believe it's the case. There would be too many cooks in the kitchen at Ferrari.

The one thing Ferrari could provide which is unique is designing a road car for Ferrari.
newey said he regrets not working with Ferrari and lewis/alonso
his wife was liking posts about him moving to ferrari like this one

littlebigcat
littlebigcat

f1jcw wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 21:48
You think a Horner that has left Redbull in disgrace means they should boot out the very respectable recently hired Vasseur..
Yeah its pretty baffling people seem to think Ferrari would hire Horner just after he is booted for misconduct.

Redragon

Wouldn’t be surprised this female worker is part of production team at Netflix just to add some drama to the series.

Jokes aside

The nude picture is not believable but if true Horner would be on top 10 stupid moves of all time.

That he might have been a bit rude or loud to an employee looks more plausible

But after so many years feel odd that never before have been any commentary or suspicions behaviour.

Making public the events before investigation comes to an end is normally coming from the side is gonna more to loose and if it is not true making damage about Horner persona would be the move if the investigation wasn’t going on favor of the worker or whom is behind.

All i have to say, he is innocent until proven guilty

But if guilty well hope the measures taken against him are fair on the circumstances

dans79

Redragon wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 01:59
But after so many years feel odd that never before have been any commentary or suspicions behaviour.
Personally I don't think so, imo Horner has gotten more combative and hostile as he has aged!
201 105 104 9 9 7

Watto
Watto

ThijsMuis wrote:
dans79 wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:
I don't think it's a certainty.

It really depends on what Ferarri offer Newey if it were to get to get to that. I feel the appeal of RB is Adrian can do what he wants if he wants. Can head off help design the red bull road car and other projects. There have been times hes has really had almost nothing to do with the F1 team if he was burnt out or just uninterested - not sure Ferarri offer him the same freedom. If Horner was to go no doubt it would increase the chances of Newey leaving but it would be far from certain

Redragon

dans79 wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 02:08
Redragon wrote:
Personally I don't think so, imo Horner has gotten more combative and hostile as he has aged!

What i meant to say for example is Ron Dennis have fame of being a control freak and a bit of a bully. Never proven but there was always the suspicion of it. With Horner despite being to competitive and mind game player haven’t been much commentary or suspicion over the years of such behaviours.

But i could be totally wrong and the investigation shows he actually might be.

Will see when investigation is published

f1jcw
f1jcw

Redragon wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 02:13
dans79 wrote:
Redragon wrote:

What i meant to say for example is Ron Dennis have fame of being a control freak and a bit of a bully. Never proven but there was always the suspicion of it. With Horner despite being to competitive and mind game player haven’t been much commentary or suspicion over the years of such behaviours.

The worlds changed from the time of Ron Dennis. It’s amazing nowadays what can get you sacked!

Redragon

f1jcw wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 02:16
Redragon wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 02:13
dans79 wrote:

The worlds changed from the time of Ron Dennis. It’s amazing nowadays what can get you sacked!
Yes my feeling is that the worker is just out of uni and was told off and his/her/them feelings were hurt for having a bit of reality hard work check

dans79

Redragon wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 02:18
Yes my is feeling that the worker is just out of uni and was told off and his/her/them feelings were hurt for having a bit of reality hard work check
Several outlets have claimed there is proof, being told off doesn't usually yield proof that can be passed on to a 3rd party.
201 105 104 9 9 7

Watto
Watto

dans79 wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 02:21
Redragon wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 02:18
Yes my is feeling that the worker is just out of uni and was told off and his/her/them feelings were hurt for having a bit of reality hard work check
Several outlets have claimed there is proof, being told off doesn't usually yield proof that can be passed on to a 3rd party.
I guess there are all kinds of grey area with that and it really can be either side of the fence. It may be a way Horner acts to long term staff it doesn't bother them either used to it or understand where its coming from and don't take offence.

Someone new and not used to the pressure may not see it the same way.

There was an interview with a footballer here in Australia recently where he talked about the changes in a fairly short period over what coaches could and couldn't say to players (over the space of his career, retired mid 2010s

Shakeman

Various outlets suggesting Mateschitz’s death left a political vacuum in Red Bull with enough space for competing interests to manoeuvre. There may be a power move due to the fallout from the failed Porsche tie-up which Horner put the kibosh on.

Certain things you can get away with if you curry favour with the boss but those same actions may be viewed differently especially by competing interests.

There are many reports that suggest Horner has been asked to resign, they could all be a combination of wishful thinking, leaks or pulled from various arses but if true would add credence to a power struggle as the investigation had not even started. We’ve no idea how serious the allegations are but they must be taken seriously, investigated rigorously and any wrong doing be punished. No one, not even Horner should be found guilty on the basis of the disreputable press articles and in the court of public opinion.

Big Tea

Watto wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 02:10
ThijsMuis wrote:
dans79 wrote:

I don't think it's a certainty.

It really depends on what Ferarri offer Newey if it were to get to get to that. I feel the appeal of RB is Adrian can do what he wants if he wants. Can head off help design the red bull road car and other projects. There have been times hes has really had almost nothing to do with the F1 team if he was burnt out or just uninterested - not sure Ferarri offer him the same freedom. If Horner was to go no doubt it would increase the chances of Newey leaving but it would be far from certain
Here is one out of left field, and completly off topic, but if he feels strongly enough to leave Red Bull, how would he feel about having a look around Andretti's place? No preconceved system or hirearchy and he could probably set his own price and conditions, and if anything woud get GM fully on board and show FIA they are a serious contender it would be this.

Not that there is a grain of anyting pointing to it, but it is late in the year for anything to happen before next season now and all the players and designers are in place at all the estabilished teams.
D depending on the severity of Horners transgression ( :roll: ) if it is not proven, indicated or just not fair play, could they have the perfect launch pad for a new entitty. I dont think funding would ever be a problem if this should happen.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.