Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Watto
Watto

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

Big Tea wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 03:41
Watto wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 02:10
ThijsMuis wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 23:50

I think Newey leaving for Ferrari will be certainty if Horner is fired.
Lewis leaving merc might have known something was happening and activated it before Ferrari finalised Sainz for 25.
I read Sainz was still negotiating so this looks very reactive.
I don't think it's a certainty.

It really depends on what Ferarri offer Newey if it were to get to get to that. I feel the appeal of RB is Adrian can do what he wants if he wants. Can head off help design the red bull road car and other projects. There have been times hes has really had almost nothing to do with the F1 team if he was burnt out or just uninterested - not sure Ferarri offer him the same freedom. If Horner was to go no doubt it would increase the chances of Newey leaving but it would be far from certain
Here is one out of left field, and completly off topic, but if he feels strongly enough to leave Red Bull, how would he feel about having a look around Andretti's place? No preconceved system or hirearchy and he could probably set his own price and conditions, and if anything woud get GM fully on board and show FIA they are a serious contender it would be this.

Not that there is a grain of anyting pointing to it, but it is late in the year for anything to happen before next season now and all the players and designers are in place at all the estabilished teams.
D depending on the severity of Horners transgression ( :roll: ) if it is not proven, indicated or just not fair play, could they have the perfect launch pad for a new entitty. I dont think funding would ever be a problem if this should happen.
Maybe - though I suspect he would have to take a bunch of people with him for that to work. seems (I think) to enjoy that he can home in on a single element - was widely reported Newey worked on the RB18 suspension rather than the overall car design itself - think he enjoys RB allowing him the freedom to build a roadcar. Andretti with various different motorsports it may offer him that he can move between categories if he wanted

Not sure say Ferarri could really offer him that so easily having a radical design so far beyond a typical ferarri.

I don't think Horner going (if he does) is the issue itself for newey, its if the team becomes a political football or too corporate under someone elses leadership

mendis
mendis

f1jcw wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 21:18
mendis wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 21:05
Sevach wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 19:43

Newey often expresses sadness about not having worked for Ferrari and with Lewis Hamilton... time to go for a 2 for 1?
His son is now an adult so there's less issue around moving to Italy than in the past.
Just give him "free reign on the next hypercar" and they can get him.
Imagine it's a tag along exit for both Horner and Newey and they go to Ferrari as CEO and CTO. Then RB stumbles for 2026/27, leading to a non championship year for Max, which might open a door via exit clause! He joins Ferrari and replaces the lesser driver at Ferrari. :lol:
Why do they want Horner when they already have someone good filling that position.
Fred was their last choice.

https://racingnews365.com/marko-red-bul ... horner-bid
Marko: Red Bull paid 'millions' to thwart Ferrari's Horner bid.

But Ferrari wanted Horner to replace Binotto, with a move being made in Canada.

"It took me a whole night to convince Horner to stay at Red Bull, it cost us millions more," Marko explained to Blick of the attempted move.

I'm not sure HAM would want to work with Horner, especially over Fred. Years of animosity between RB and Merc might be very difficult to get past. Then again ALO and Ron Dennis patched things up.

Redragon

dans79 wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 02:21
Redragon wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 02:18
Yes my is feeling that the worker is just out of uni and was told off and his/her/them feelings were hurt for having a bit of reality hard work check
Several outlets have claimed there is proof, being told off doesn't usually yield proof that can be passed on to a 3rd party.
This days doesn’t mean anything that various outlets say there is proof. There are many cases were outlets were wrong for example Amber Heard case. I prefer to see what it is the real outcome from the investigation before deciding is innocent or guilty base on my preference or emotions towards someone. If guilty hope it pays for it if innocent hope he has not much damage on his family and himself

mendis
mendis

1158 wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 05:46
I'm not sure HAM would want to work with Horner, especially over Fred. Years of animosity between RB and Merc might be very difficult to get past. Then again ALO and Ron Dennis patched things up.
Having Horner would be beneficial in enticing Max to Ferrari. That's the future. There is a greater possibility of Newey going where Horner would and if that happens, Max would follow suite. Why would Ferrari not want that possibility?

zeroday

1158 wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 05:46
I doubt HAM would have any animosity towards Horner considering HAM was the beneficiary to the lion share of the successes over the years. HAM trounced RB for nearly a decade. So the real question is really how Horner would take it, not HAM. My hunch is Horner would see HAM as an invaluable weapon to strike back at RB. So, ironically, he might relish working with HAM under this circumstance.

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

Didn’t realise this forum has become a gossip outlet with lots of tittle tattle

chrstphrln

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 09:15
Didn’t realise this forum has become a gossip outlet with lots of tittle tattle
Thanks for this post.

Wouter

From the Autosport forum: Organic, on 07 Feb 2024 - 05:04, said:

Van Haren of the Telegraaf seems to have had direct contact with Red Bull GmbH who gave him quite a lot of information going by his interview on the topic

Translated transcript (not by myself) of this interview is available here

https://pastebin.com/NarH9q4Y

I wonder why RB GmbH headquarters provided all this information, which normally remains internal until the investigation is completed, to an insignificant journalist from the Netherlands and no one else. Very strange.

I also think that Van Haren's statements do not demonstrate neutrality, which is what a journalist should be.
He is now condemning him through his comments before the investigation has been completed.

Again: Why is such an insignificant journalist from the Netherlands allowed to drop this F1 bomb into the world
and why does RB GmbH want to let the world know all this before the lawyers have even sat down?!
They must know that this whole story at this moment will harm Horners reputation, guilty or not.

Horner is currently already convicted before any of the facts are known, guilty or innocent.
I find this a very strange turn of events, something is not right here!
The Power of Dreams!

mendis
mendis

Controversial situations are a way to make some quick bucks, clicks and views. Nobody would be sued to give their own versions and claiming they have inside information. It's normal. Until there is an official statement from either Horner himself or from Red Bull, nothing is believable. But it's just fun to run around with rumors and having discussions. :lol:

ThijsMuis
ThijsMuis

I honestly don't think Van Haren reporting is the problem here if people like the story or dislike is ok., but what is Van Haren supposed to do?
Red Bull PR and GmbH failed Horner, or Horner has failed them with his behaviour.
Van Haren only repeats what Red Bull told him. Or he would be have been sued.

Wouter

ThijsMuis wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 10:50
I honestly don't think Van Haren reporting is the problem here if people like the story or dislike is ok., but what is Van Haren supposed to do?
Red Bull PR and GmbH failed Horner, or Horner has failed them with his behaviour.
Van Haren only repeats what Red Bull told him. Or he would be have been sued.
You completely missed my points. I didn't say Van Haren is the problem.
Read my message again, I wrote it twice what my points are.
The Power of Dreams!

ThijsMuis
ThijsMuis

Wouter wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 11:24

Wouter wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 10:17

I wonder why RB GmbH headquarters provided all this information, which normally remains internal until the investigation is completed, to an insignificant journalist from the Netherlands and no one else. Very strange.

Again: Why is such an insignificant journalist from the Netherlands allowed to drop this F1 bomb
So Van Haren is insignificant, this point you made twice?
I dont think attacking a journalist as insignificant changes anything.
Wouter wrote:
I also think that Van Haren's statements do not demonstrate neutrality, which is what a journalist should be.
He is now condemning him through his comments before the investigation has been completed.

You accuse Van Haren of bias and condemning Horner in your own words.
If he has, RB and Horner would be suing.
Maybe the messenger isn't the problem in this case, its not the story was made up like Susie thing last year.
Better for thread to focus on what we know instead of attacking journalists.
Last edited by ThijsMuis on 07 Feb 2024, 11:52, edited 3 times in total.

Sieper

I won’t post on this until there is some more information available. So your judgement on RB fans is purely based on what you see, and not what you don’t see. Plus, this thread is about Horner being under investigation, not redbull team fans being under scrutiny.

Wouter

ThijsMuis wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 11:48
Wouter wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 11:24
Wouter wrote:

Again: Why is such an insignificant journalist from the Netherlands allowed to drop this F1 bomb
So Van Haren is insignificant, this point you made twice?
I dont think attacking a journalist as insignificant changes anything.
Wouter wrote:
You accuse Van Haren of bias and condemning Horner in your own words.
If he has, RB and Horner would be suing.
Maybe the messenger isn't the problem in this case, its not the story was made up like Susie thing last year.
Better for thread to focus on what we know instead of attacking journalists.
You still miss my point!!

Why did RB GmbH told this news (what ruins Horners reputation before Friday) to Van Haren?
There are so many respectful, neutral journalist all over the world/Europe/UK, etc,
why a very unknown person/journalist from the tiny little country called the Nederland?!
This isn't about Van Haren, this is about RB GmbH and what they are doing.
Last edited by Wouter on 07 Feb 2024, 12:10, edited 1 time in total.
The Power of Dreams!