Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
f1jcw
f1jcw

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

If that was the point, it might have being better to cast your disdain on Redbull GmbH instead of the journalist

ThijsMuis
ThijsMuis

Wouter wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 12:07

You still miss my point!!

Why did RB GmbH told this news (what ruins Horners reputation before Friday) to Van Haren?
There are so many respectful, neutral journalist all over the world/Europe/UK, etc,
why a very unwell known journalist from the tiny little country calles Nederland?!
This isn't about Van Haren, this is about RB GmbH and what they are doing.
I think making Van Haren out to be kleine kerel from nederlands who is not neutral is an issue. He was good enough for Red Bull.
This distractions on Van Haren is not good for the thread.
If you are upset about the story being broken to him, maybe be upset at who broke it to him without making this about Van Haren credibility.

Wouter

f1jcw wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 12:10
If that was the point, it might have being better to cast your disdain on Redbull GmbH instead of the journalist
I did! I blame RB GmbH for everything they are doing towards Horner. This had to be discussed intern.
Wouter wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 10:17
Again: Why is such an insignificant journalist from the Netherlands allowed to drop this F1 bomb into the world
and why does RB GmbH want to let the world know all this before the lawyers have even sat down?!
They must know that this whole story at this moment will harm Horners reputation, guilty or not.

Horner is currently already convicted before any of the facts are known, guilty or innocent.
I find this a very strange turn of events, something is not right here!
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

ThijsMuis wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 12:15
Wouter wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 12:07

You still miss my point!!

Why did RB GmbH told this news (what ruins Horners reputation before Friday) to Van Haren?
There are so many respectful, neutral journalist all over the world/Europe/UK, etc,
why a very unwell known journalist from the tiny little country calles Nederland?!
This isn't about Van Haren, this is about RB GmbH and what they are doing.
I think making Van Haren out to be kleine kerel from nederlands who is not neutral is an issue. He was good enough for Red Bull.
This distractions on Van Haren is not good for the thread.
If you are upset about the story being broken to him, maybe be upset at who broke it to him without making this about Van Haren credibility.
I am NOT!! #-o Please read my message to @f1jcw above this one.
The Power of Dreams!

ThijsMuis
ThijsMuis

I quoted you what you said about Van Haren in words you typed and the forum and mods can see. If you disown it okey.
I understand being upset about what RB did. It was probably the worst own goal F1 PR disaster I've seen.
But you can make this point without hurting Van Haren credibility right.

Cs98
Cs98

Vanja #66 wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 11:50
I admire the strong belief perseverance displayed by RB fans in the last few days
Ferrari fans know it when they see it :lol:

Wouter

ThijsMuis wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 12:42
I quoted you what you said about Van Haren in words you typed and the forum and mods can see. If you disown it okey.
I understand being upset about what RB did. It was probably the worst own goal F1 PR disaster I've seen.
But you can make this point without hurting Van Haren credibility right.
Where on earth am I hurting Van Haren's credibility?! #-o Reading is not your strongest point!
I wrote that he is a relatively unknown journalist in the F1 world worldwide. He is only known in the Netherlands
(and maybe a little in the UK) because of the sports section of the Telegraaf.
And I'll leave it at that, because you read things that aren't there.
The Power of Dreams!

SiLo

Wouter wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 12:17
I did! I blame RB GmbH for everything they are doing towards Horner. This had to be discussed intern.
RB are covering themselves in case of leaks. It's far better for them to control the narrative and be transparent than not, especially if this is a case of sexual harassment. They will want to be seen by everyone as being proactive, swift and fair. Leaving the journey to speculate everything would only make things worse.
Felipe Baby!

Vanja #66

Can Red Bull Group afford to shoot the F1 team in the foot like this? :?:

Have they even considered the consequences of Horner's character assassination, having made such a massive investment in the team the last 20 years only to bring it down with such a petty power struggle?

Seems like it's true what they say, more often than not the first generation of a successful family makes everyone rich, the second one squanders it all away and the third ends up with massive debt...
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Wouter

Vanja #66 wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 13:08
Can Red Bull Group afford to shoot the F1 team in the foot like this? :?:

Have they even considered the consequences of Horner's character assassination, having made such a massive investment in the team
the last 20 years only to bring it down with such a petty power struggle?
Well, that's exactly what I mean! Moreover, they should have waited until after the discussions with Horner and the lawyers on Friday to release the information.
The Power of Dreams!

Cs98
Cs98

SiLo wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 13:03
Wouter wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 12:17
RB are covering themselves in case of leaks. It's far better for them to control the narrative and be transparent than not, especially if this is a case of sexual harassment. They will want to be seen by everyone as being proactive, swift and fair. Leaving the journey to speculate everything would only make things worse.
Covering themselves but throwing their team leader of 20 years under the bus before investigating the allegations and having something concrete to report. I present to you, the modern corporation.

Vanja #66

Wouter wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 13:19
Well, that's exactly what I mean! Moreover, they should have waited until after the discussions with Horner and the lawyers on Friday to release the information.
I'm not sure you understand that this is a targeted campaign from their side, on purpose. No one makes an example of a person they want to keep.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

f1jcw
f1jcw

However, according to insiders, it is not yet certain that a decision on Horner's future will be made immediately on Friday. Sources call it a realistic option that the researchers first want to process all findings before coming up with conclusions. The person(s) involved in the team have reportedly now been heard, after which the conversation with Horner will take place on Friday. At the same time, time is running out somewhat. The presentation of the RB20 is scheduled for February 15. As Red Bull Racing enters its twentieth season in Formula 1, the team wants to go big with an event in Milton Keynes. Logically, it is not desirable if that day were largely devoted to a dormant Horner investigation.

Behind the scenes, efforts are now underway to determine how the case can be handled without significant loss of face for all parties. The request to voluntarily step down is part of this, but former F1 chairman Bernie Ecclestone would also play a role. Horner has traditionally been a confidant of Ecclestone and relations are still good. Ecclestone is in discussions with Horner, but the team boss does not want to budge and has now also hired a lawyer to defend his own position.

Balancing on a thin rope
It should come as no surprise that the news initially leaked in the Netherlands due to some short lines. It also fits with different movements in the team, with a lot of media attention last year about an alleged power struggle between the Austrian camp and the Thai camp. At that time, an attempt was made to get Helmut Marko to the exit, although it must be emphasized that Marko now plays no role in the Horner story. In general terms, it is known that the Verstappens' loyalty from the early days has been primarily with Marko, who has logically played a key role in Max's career. According to the German colleagues, it would apply to Verstappen senior and in its wake also to the world champion. After the death of Dietrich Mateschitz, the new structure threatened a power vacuum.

For Red Bull as a whole, the main priority is to resolve the issue without much damage to its image. The company is balancing on a fine line, as image damage could threaten if no action is taken in the event that an investigation result would be incriminating for Horner, but also in the event that the longest-serving team boss in Formula 1 has to leave. Crucial - also for social media - is the conclusion that Horner is innocent until proven guilty, ' Unschuldsvermutung' as the Germans call it.

Finally, the FIA ​​hints that it will not initially intervene in the issue, as the federation is primarily concerned with the sporting and technical regulations and not with matters outside of that. If Horner has to leave after the conversation and the investigation, it is not yet known who will be his successor. It is obvious, however, that team manager Jonathan Wheatley can at least take over the tasks on an interim basis.

.....Ecclestone :wtf:

https://nl.motorsport.com/f1/news/advoc ... /10573289/

mendis
mendis

I have started liking the creative thinking of the so called journalists that are coming up with juicier content to serve the audience. Who can blame them? Such a golden opportunity to cash in on. Can we now have Tarantino writing a piece please? :lol:

Venturiation
Venturiation

Seems it's really the end for Horner