2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
mwillems

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Sieper wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 11:57
marcel171281 wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 14:06
That average points per race is nowhere near correct.
It is according to this site:

https://www.statsf1.com/en/statistiques ... ombre.aspx

If you have some qualms with that, contact the operator, he is quick to reply and will correct.
The graphic made it look to some like it was just for 2023, in fact it was his career average points per race.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

marcel171281
marcel171281

Sieper wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 11:57
marcel171281 wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 14:06
That average points per race is nowhere near correct.
It is according to this site:

https://www.statsf1.com/en/statistiques ... ombre.aspx

If you have some qualms with that, contact the operator, he is quick to reply and will correct.
That site is correct. That is the correct number over his total F1 career. But that list I reacted on is about 2023. 575 points over 22 race is a lot more than 13.98.

chrstphrln

I'm just seeing it for the first time.
Unfortunately, it is not clear whether the inflationary increase in points is somehow taken into account.
Does the statistics take this into account?
Otherwise these statistics would be complete nonsense.

Sieper

chrstphrln wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 17:54
Unfortunately, it is not clear whether the inflationary increase in points is somehow taken into account.
They aren’t complete nonsense, they take the points into account as they were scored during each race. Nobody has a problem with Hamilton’s point while people who went before that also scored much less and had much less races. They are just that, points as actually granted. No ifs and buts. There were f.e. Also double points races in the past. I am sure we will have even more races in the future.

If you want to calculate back to somekind of fair system I will post a link hereunder. But it will never be not nonsense then as now we have sprints, the bonus point for fastest lap is back again, and thus actually contested. Etc. Etc.

Here the link:

https://www.formula1points.com/alltime

But I disagree that it is nonsense, Max has been slowly creeping towards that number 1 spot for years and he just recently took it.

chrstphrln

Sieper wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 21:09
chrstphrln wrote:
They aren’t complete nonsense, they take the points into account as they were scored during each race. Nobody has a problem with Hamilton’s point while people who went before that also scored much less and had much less races. They are just that, points as actually granted. No ifs and buts. There were f.e. Also double points races in the past. I am sure we will have even more races in the future.

If you want to calculate back to somekind of fair system I will post a link hereunder. But it will never be not nonsense then as now we have sprints, the bonus point for fastest lap is back again, and thus actually contested. Etc. Etc.

Here the link:

But I disagree that it is nonsense, Max has been slowly creeping towards that number 1 spot for years and he just recently took it.
I'm not interested in the Max vs. Lewis kids stuff. I was referring to the lack of comparability between drivers of different eras. What's the point of comparing drivers who got ten points for a first place with those who got that for a sixth place? And whether there is any gain in knowledge at all by comparing drivers who joined a top team as teenagers with those who accompanied one over the years on their way to a top team, I leave it to be seen.

Sieper

chrstphrln wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 21:34
Sieper wrote:
chrstphrln wrote:

Here the link:

I'm not interested in the Max vs. Lewis kids stuff. I was referring to the lack of comparability between drivers of different eras. What's the point of comparing drivers who got ten points for a first place with those who got that for a sixth place? And whether there is any gain in knowledge at all by comparing drivers who joined a top team as teenagers with those who accompanied one over the years on their way to a top team, I leave it to be seen.
The point is the points. No ifs and buts. I already told you this. I already made all the same objections you did, and some more, and offered you a link to a website that offers all kind of comparison. There isn’t much more I can do and being called childish in return for that is not really a way I like to deal with others. It’s never going to be fair but that doesn’t make it less significant. Enjoy the evening, bye.

chrstphrln

Sieper wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 22:26
chrstphrln wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 21:34
Sieper wrote:

Here the link:

The point is the points. No ifs and buts. I already told you this. I already made all the same objections you did, and some more, and offered you a link to a website that offers all kind of comparison. There isn’t much more I can do and being called childish in return for that is not really a way I like to deal with others. It’s never going to be fair but that doesn’t make it less significant. Enjoy the evening, bye.
Everything's fine, I haven't seen the switch to other points systems on the mobile. Nevertheless, different career paths should of course be evaluated differently. And under no circumstances is the driver with the most points the best.

Sieper

No ofcourse not. It is always a byeffect of the circumstances. What team did you join, at what point, how competive were they. If F1 will keep existing I am sure we will get more races. I don’t expect to grant even more points per race, but who knows. There is so much to say. Much more then we already did.

But this points per race average, however crooked image, also been very telling imho. I follow these kind of stats with a passion. It is not nonsense, you can clearly see things shine through. But you have to know the background behind it. Yes.

organic

https://de.motorsport.com/f1/news/nach- ... 4/3402363/

German motorsport.com reports what Motorsport-Total put out which is that RB have in fact offered something to Albon, which puts a bit more credibility behind the claims:
research by Motorsport-Total.com has revealed: Red Bull has actually made Albon an offer. However, this is not about a three-year contract that is ready to be signed in order to replace Sergio Perez from 2025 - rather, as a first step, Red Bull just wants to secure an option, a kind of right of first refusal, on Albon's services.
Given RB might be worried about Mercedes signing Alex, a first refusal on his services would make sense rather than the 3-year contract

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

organic wrote:
08 Feb 2024, 08:14

a first refusal on his services would make sense rather than the 3-year contract
With this contract it'll be quite an impressive chokehold on the driver market from RB.

Cs98
Cs98

AR3-GP wrote:
08 Feb 2024, 11:36
CaribouBread wrote:
08 Feb 2024, 09:39
organic wrote:
08 Feb 2024, 08:14

a first refusal on his services would make sense rather than the 3-year contract
With this contract it'll be quite an impressive chokehold on the driver market from RB.
We don't know that Albon has signed it. I'm not quite sure I understand what a right to first refusal is. Is that a guaranteed seat only if they decide Perez is departing? Why would Albon turn down another big team (like Merc or Aston), on the promise of a "maybe" from RB who "may" sack Perez, or not....
I guess it means if Albon decides to leave Williams then RB will have first dibs on accepting or refusing his services before anyone else becomes an option.

DGP123
DGP123

Never did believe Peter Windsor’s three year contract nonsense for Albon.

Maybe it’s me, but I still think Albon is massively overrated. He’s a mid tier driver, who couldn’t handle the pressures of a top team, and subsequently got sacked. I’m not falling for the, ‘he’s now quality’, because he’s thrived at Williams up against poor North American drivers. If anything, Logan was closing the gap towards the end of last season.

I think it’s a reflection of how poor the driver market is. The RB talent pool is dry, so RB creating a first dibs contract on him looks a bit desperate. I seriously doubt Mercedes are even remotely interested in Alex Albon. That’s my view.

Farnborough
Farnborough

It would appear more logical if there was that option (three year preference) signed at the time of contract entering Williams.

Remember there was conjecture/discussion about allegiance to RB when entering a team with a Mercedes engine operation in place. One way to appease that could be to completely cut ties with RB but hold in place the reservation to enact option IF he should leave Williams, which would end latter part of this year.

Perhaps something of that structure is in place.

Sieper

I don’t think he is massively overrated. He caught some harsh criticism when Max outscored him by a big margin.

Wouter

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/68244253
The future of the Red Bull Formula 1 team is in the spotlight as their boss Christian Horner faces an internal hearing on Friday into a complaint of inappropriate behaviour.

Horner has denied the allegations in a comment to Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf, external as well as inside an F1 Commission meeting of team bosses, governing body the FIA and commercial rights holders F1 earlier this week.

Many insiders who have discussed the situation with BBC Sport do not expect him to survive in his role.

However, Horner is a powerful and influential man, both inside Red Bull and within F1, and it remains to be seen whether this will lead to his downfall.

Whichever way the hearing on Friday goes, major questions now revolve around Red Bull.

If Horner is removed from his position, either by being sacked or resigning, sources say he would be replaced by an executive
from the Austrian side of Red Bull.

Could that be Oliver Mintzlaff,
former head of RB Leipzig football team and, since co-founder Dietrich Mateschitz's death
in October 2022, chief executive officer of corporate projects with oversight of F1?
The Power of Dreams!