Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Big Tea

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

Redragon wrote:
08 Feb 2024, 13:35
Vanja #66 wrote:
08 Feb 2024, 13:31
Redragon wrote:
08 Feb 2024, 13:23
All this speculations doesn’t make sense only if they want to destroy a team have been so successful as it is.
Luca di Montezemolo couldn't wait to see the back of Brawn even with all the success that the golden team brought to Ferrari and him. More than once Brawn stood up to Montezemolo and told him he'd leave if Montezemolo keeps singling out people to blame, throwing tantrums etc. After Brawn left, he went on to "Italianise" the team "back to how it should be" and in doing so brought Ferrari the dry spell that keeps going still.

Unfortunately for F1 and other sports teams, corporate clowns can and will do things their own way when they want to.
I totally understand that. But what a moronic move would be if true, that are the heads of Redbull or Verstapen camp behind. Probably top 3 of all the time if true
If someone wants the job bad enough something like being as good as the incombent has little weight in the decision
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

FW17

I wonder how much of this could be tied to Porsche

Shakeman

FW17 wrote:
08 Feb 2024, 13:48
I wonder how much of this could be tied to Porsche
Someone may have had their ego put out of joint or big plans aborted when that deal was quashed. Funny places to work are corporations you have to be exceptionally good at game theory and Newtonian dynamics e.g Newton's third law...

Every employee complaint deserves to be taken seriously of but when a certain individual becomes out of favour for whatever reason behaviours that were always seen as 'normal' have a habit of getting you fired when the management is pissed off. Not saying this is the case at RB but I've seen corporate culture change on a sixpence and one day you're the bees knee one day, the next you're persona non grata and you're out the door.

FW17

Wouter wrote:
08 Feb 2024, 12:39

What could definitely fall on Horner's feet now is the internal power struggle that he started against Red Bull motorsport consultant Helmut Marko after the death of Red Bull founder Dietrich Mateschitz. As early as the end of 2023, rumors arose that the Briton was sawing in the Austrian's chair. Without success. Marko's contract was extended this year until 2026. The coup attempt failed. It's hard to imagine Marko actively supporting Horner in the current situation.
Real sad that CH tried to move Marko out, someone who had been the buffer from the corporate side of the last 20 years.

ThijsMuis
ThijsMuis

Wouter wrote:
08 Feb 2024, 13:19

Ex racer Giedo van der Garde called Erik van Haren two days ago. Video starts at the right time. Subtitels are available in all languages.
Bedankt
I watched it and can't find anywhere these parts you wrote in the post.
The accusations Mintzlaff is the leak because he gets into serious arguments with people who have done nothing wrong.
That's a specifiek allegation that has defamed Mintzlaff.
Thinking its good for Van Haren to make story public. Do we have this on record what he thinks? if we don't it's also defaming Mintzlaff.
The allegation he doesn't attend races but was at Hahnenkamm-Rennen with Toto and Zak, and Horner was not, is meaning Mintzlaff is the leak? I dont see how we can use that without defaming Mintzlaff.
The allegation he doesn't like Horner or racing, we cannot use that without defaming Mintzlaff as the leaker.
In your post you say Mintzlaff is character assassin of Horner. But its ok assassinating Mintzlaff.
Van Haren heard rumours chased it up and got confirmation. As journalist top marks. This wasn't leaked to him he got it by doing work.
Confirmed because the investigation was already going by the time Van Haren called.
If Van Haren didn't call, this would possibly still not public. But GmbH was forced to confirm as leaks was appearing.
Making Mintzlaff the scapegoat is just as bad as saying Horner is guilty.

Wouter

FW17 wrote:
08 Feb 2024, 14:17
Wouter wrote:
08 Feb 2024, 12:39
What could definitely fall on Horner's feet now is the internal power struggle that he started against Red Bull motorsport consultant Helmut Marko after the death of Red Bull founder Dietrich Mateschitz. As early as the end of 2023, rumors arose that the Briton was sawing in the Austrian's chair. Without success. Marko's contract was extended this year until 2026. The coup attempt failed. It's hard to imagine Marko actively supporting Horner in the current situation.
Real sad that CH tried to move Marko out, someone who had been the buffer from the corporate side of the last 20 years.
I don't know if he wanted Marko out, but Horner wanted be the boss of everything even of SAT and that is very sad for Marko.
The Power of Dreams!

chrisc90

I imagine if it’s Horner vs Marko it could get a bit messy given some of the things Marko has done in the past whilst representing the team.

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

Wouter wrote:
08 Feb 2024, 12:16
Erik van Haren, the Dutch journalist, heard rumors about Horner since the Hahnenkamm Rennen. Oliver Mintzlaff was there,
Toto Wollf and Zak Brown were there but Horner was not.
Since then, Van Haren has called around a lot and the rumors became stronger and stronger.
Last Friday he called the top boss at RB GmbH Mintzlaff and told his story. A few hours later he was told that it was all correct and that an investigation into Horner was already underway by an external agency. Van Haren then gave Horner the opportunity to respond to everything over the weekend. Horner did not respond.
Van Haren then decided to make the whole story, without further details, known to the world around noon last Monday.

One wonders who the leak is?! Mintzlaff has not gotten along well with Horner from the start and he does not like racing. He has rarely been to a race. Wherever he works, he gets into serious arguments with people who have done nothing wrong.
He also thought it was good that Van Haren made the entire story public, while these matters must be treated confidentially, must remain internal and can only be made public after a thorough investigation. He knew on Friday evening that Horner would already be condemned by everyone before the investigation had taken place and had concluded. He wants Horner out.
This is called character assassination = An attack intended to ruin someone's reputation.
And then people wonder who the leak was?!
Unfortunately, the boss of Red Bull GmbH's sports department is Oliver Mintzlaff, a man who was initially in charge at the Red Bull Leipzig football club and actually did everything wrong:
- won the German Cup twice in a row, but still argued with coach Domenico Tedesco and got him out.
- argued with technical director Max Everl and, despite the fact that he attracted good attackers with Xavi Simons and Luis Openda, was dismissed due to an alleged lack of commitment.
- also started a fight with older players Forsberg, Poulsen, Laimer and Kampl in the selection and who actually all want to replace the youth of Red Bull Salzburg. However, those youth players failed last season and definitely needed the experience of the old guard. Forsberg has now left for New York RB. Laimer turned a big nose when Bayern Munich came knocking.

In short, wherever Herr Mintzlaff interferes, there will be a big fight somewhere.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GFlM5QnXgAA ... name=small
My guess would be that Mintzlaff/accountants were quite keen to get the deal done with Porsche. Doesn’t excuse Horners perhaps brash behaviour towards people but I feel the way this is playing out in open air is a deliberate attempt to shift Horner on

mendis
mendis

chrisc90 wrote:
08 Feb 2024, 14:48
I imagine if it’s Horner vs Marko it could get a bit messy given some of the things Marko has done in the past whilst representing the team.
They fired Jury Vips for making a racist comment, but not Marko. Now Horner is the target for a supposedly aggressive behavior while there is a power tussle that appears to be on. That doesn't speak well for RB GmbH.

[<deleted post>
[/quote]Woman? Is there an official confirmation that the complainant is a woman? I am not aware.

dans79

mendis wrote:
08 Feb 2024, 17:07
Woman? Is there an official confirmation that the complainant is a woman? I am not aware.
I haven't seen anything from a reputable news organization claiming it's a woman. I think that's just fan hearsay based on stereotypes.
201 105 104 9 9 7

AMG.Tzan

I don’t think this has to do with the Porsche deal not going through but…

The Porsche deal not going through was the worst decision ever for Red Bull and Formula 1 in general! Horner, Newey or Marko won’t be there forever so I can’t understand why they were the ones deciding…

So if Mintzlaff wanted the deal why didn’t he close it himself? Anyway this team is in need of new faces at last! It has been the same since 2005…so I really hope Horner is out and then Newey by himself!
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

f1jcw
f1jcw

dans79 wrote:
08 Feb 2024, 17:25
mendis wrote:
08 Feb 2024, 17:07
Woman? Is there an official confirmation that the complainant is a woman? I am not aware.
I haven't seen anything from a reputable news organization claiming it's a woman. I think that's just fan hearsay based on stereotypes.
I did see a report that it was a female complaint, can't recall where, it did seem to be a trustworthy source.

found it
https://x.com/Independent/status/175527 ... 58030?s=20

for none UK, the independent is a very left leaning newspaper, can't say I care for it, but I'm not sure they'd make anything up.
Last edited by f1jcw on 08 Feb 2024, 17:48, edited 2 times in total.

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

AMG.Tzan wrote:
08 Feb 2024, 17:34
I don’t think this has to do with the Porsche deal not going through but…

The Porsche deal not going through was the worst decision ever for Red Bull and Formula 1 in general! Horner, Newey or Marko won’t be there forever so I can’t understand why they were the ones deciding…

So if Mintzlaff wanted the deal why didn’t he close it himself? Anyway this team is in need of new faces at last! It has been the same since 2005…so I really hope Horner is out and then Newey by himself!
If a reason for moving on is because they’ve been somewhere for a long time then I can only see you may have a vested interest in their core team falling apart 😂

Lots of speculation, guess we will find out soon enough but it’s pretty clear with DMs passing, all is not quite as smooth sailing as it should be in camp RB

dans79

A very strong opinion piece, that i have to say isn't wrong!

201 105 104 9 9 7

rijtuig
rijtuig

Exactly the point why I am no fan of this guy.