2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
scuderiabrandon

Re: 2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

I hate that we have to pretend RB does not mean anything.

continuum16

scuderiabrandon wrote:
08 Feb 2024, 18:38
Same. I know people use the RB Leipzig example of "oh well they do it other places" but to me that doesn't make it any less stupid. And there's like a million pro soccer/football teams. 3-4/100+ teams vs 2/10 F1 teams is a big part of why it's so stupid. If there's 3 clubs with the Red Bull name I'm less annoyed than if 20% of them had 'RB' in the name like it is in F1. Visa CashApp Toro Rosso would have been just as effective imo.
"You can't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
- Mark Twain

AtlasZX

continuum16 wrote:
08 Feb 2024, 19:38
scuderiabrandon wrote:
Same. I know people use the RB Leipzig example of "oh well they do it other places" but to me that doesn't make it any less stupid. And there's like a million pro soccer/football teams. 3-4/100+ teams vs 2/10 F1 teams is a big part of why it's so stupid. If there's 3 clubs with the Red Bull name I'm less annoyed than if 20% of them had 'RB' in the name like it is in F1. Visa CashApp Toro Rosso would have been just as effective imo.
Now ppl and TV hosts will call it "Visa F1 Team" or "Visa RB"... This is more visibility for the main sponsor.
Nobody would call it "Visa Toro Rosso" on TV the same way nobody call the other teams "MoneyGram Haas", "Petronas Mercedes", "Oracle RBR", ect.
But since you can't call the RB team "Racing Bulls" nor "Red Bull team", you are almost forced to call it Visa RB or something similar.
RB probably just means Red Bull, it doesn't matter to them, the team name now is just another billboard to sell and "RB" has to be the less visible "name" possible in order to make the main sponsor pay more for the "spot".

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

djos

AtlasZX wrote:
08 Feb 2024, 21:50
continuum16 wrote:
scuderiabrandon wrote:
Now ppl and TV hosts will call it "Visa F1 Team" or "Visa RB"... This is more visibility for the main sponsor.
Nobody would call it "Visa Toro Rosso" on TV the same way nobody call the other teams "MoneyGram Haas", "Petronas Mercedes", "Oracle RBR", ect.
But since you can't call the RB team "Racing Bulls" nor "Red Bull team", you are almost forced to call it Visa RB or something similar.
RB probably just means Red Bull, it doesn't matter to them, the team name now is just another billboard to sell and "RB" has to be the less visible "name" possible in order to make the main sponsor pay more for the "spot".
I’m hoping commentators just call it the Visa RB team and drop the idiotic Cash App suffix.
"In downforce we trust"

Big Tea

djos wrote:
08 Feb 2024, 23:13
AtlasZX wrote:
08 Feb 2024, 21:50
continuum16 wrote:

I’m hoping commentators just call it the Visa RB team and drop the idiotic Cash App suffix.
I suspect they will just refer to it by the driver when ever possible
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

wogx

Team: "RB doesn't mean anything"
Meanwhile - a big bull logo on the engine cover... 🙄
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

FW17

Looks bad, a mash up of last torro rosso and a patch of white.
But people will love it in comparison to all the carbon livery

Cashapp a title sponsor spent all money on the title and nothing for stickers on the car. They couldn't even get RB put green on the car while they got to put bug bulls on the car.

Atleast they should have used chrome silver in place of white

jambuka
jambuka

Is there a way to watch the car launch live ?

organic

Seems they called it the VCARB 01 in the end

Front view is pretty mean looking

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

Long time since we've seen a shiny paint car! :D

djos

Aside from the garish green cash app logo, the rest of the car looks good.
"In downforce we trust"

organic

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

Vanja #66

Strong pre-AT livery vibes :mrgreen: It's not on purpose at all :lol:
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie