Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

dans79 wrote:
08 Feb 2024, 17:58
A very strong opinion piece, that i have to say isn't wrong!
https://i.ibb.co/pW1ws04/20240208-213003.jpg
Mmmm I remember that Ted Kravitz piece. And in isolation those words aren’t wrong. Except that wasn’t all that he said. The context is wildly missing which is rather important. Not just one line in isolation.

I find the whole of that article really flimsy on actual “evidence”. Fair to dislike a person. I’m not a particular fan of him either but he’s a team boss and defends his team as much as any other team boss does. It’s his job!

f1jcw
f1jcw

None of the words are inaccurate, Horner has done those, the "won't someone think of the children" was laughable, so cheat and bring up the children as a barrier.

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

f1jcw wrote:
08 Feb 2024, 18:15
None of the words are inaccurate, Horner has done those, the "won't someone think of the children" was laughable, so cheat and bring up the children as a barrier.
If it’s in conjunction with being hounded in the playground then I’d say he should call it out. No fan of the unfair advantage (should have been punished way harsher than it was) they’ve created for themselves but it going to children’s playgrounds is one step too far. Hes right to make a stance against that

rijtuig
rijtuig

Again, a big boy crying because someone is finally taking action against his childish and unacceptable behaviour.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

dans79 wrote:
The content of the article proves the opposite of what the author intended. The examples in the piece (Kravitz-gate, Cost cap gate) show that Christian Horner defends his team from outsiders. Christian Horner even defended Checo Perez numerous times from naysayers in this thread and beyond...Most employees could only hope that their bosses defend them rather than throw them under the bus. One would hardly describe this as bad leadership. For the position of the author and yourself, it more closely aligns with Horner having opinions that you disagree because is opinions are to the benefit of RB.
Last edited by AR3-GP on 08 Feb 2024, 18:53, edited 2 times in total.

f1jcw
f1jcw

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
08 Feb 2024, 18:28
f1jcw wrote:
08 Feb 2024, 18:15
If it’s in conjunction with being hounded in the playground then I’d say he should call it out. No fan of the unfair advantage (should have been punished way harsher than it was) they’ve created for themselves but it going to children’s playgrounds is one step too far. Hes right to make a stance against that
We have no evidence that even happened, but use it as a defence of shuting down people calling foul, does this mean, no one can make comment on cheating cause the "think of the children" defence can be used.

dans79

AR3-GP wrote:
08 Feb 2024, 18:49
dans79 wrote:
The content of the article proves the opposite of what the author intended. The examples in the piece (Kravitz-gate, Cost cap gate) show that Christian Horner defends his team from outsiders. Christian Horner even defended Checo Perez numerous times from naysayers in this thread and beyond...Most employees could only hope that their bosses defend them rather than throw them under the bus.
I think you missed the underlying point of the article, It's not what he did, it's how he did it.
201 105 104 9 9 7

f1jcw
f1jcw

AR3-GP wrote:
dans79 wrote:
The content of the article proves the opposite of what the author intended. The examples in the piece (Kravitz-gate, Cost cap gate) show that Christian Horner defends his team from outsiders. Christian Horner even defended Checo Perez numerous times from naysayers in this thread and beyond...Most employees could only hope that their bosses defend them rather than throw them under the bus.
so the defence against being a a bully and abusive on the inside is to be a bully and abusive outside.

Stylus_XL
Stylus_XL

dans79 wrote:
Christian Horner's most controversial moments have come when he was aiming to defend or protect his team and drivers, i.e. the knife was pointed outward not inward. Trying to even vaguely imply that this management style correlates with an allegation of inappropriate behaviour in the workplace is just tacky hindsight finger-wagging from someone I thought was a lot more rational. Superficial hit piece.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

dans79 wrote:
08 Feb 2024, 18:53
AR3-GP wrote:
dans79 wrote:
I think you missed the underlying point of the article, It's not what he did, it's how he did it.
How Horner treats "invaders" doesn't give any insight to how he treats the very people he has sworn to defend in his position (his team).

I can only offer your this excerpt posted the other day by an employee of RBR:
I have worked at RBR for over 20 years and I just wanted to say one thing. Firstly, none of us at the factory are any wiser as to what’s happened and this post is nothing to do with speculation or rumour.

What I did want to comment on is Christian’s character. I read a lot of comments on here saying he’s “like this” or his attitude is “like that”. It’s simply not true, he’s a natural born leader and literally everyone at work thinks very highly of him.

When he took over from Dave Pitchforth the workforce was incredibly disappointed. We all loved Dave and didn’t really know anything about Christian. It took no time at all for us all to warm to him. He makes a point to say hello or good morning to everyone, he’s approachable and he always has a smile on his face, even during tense or stressful times.

Like I said, I don’t know what the legal issues are here, but I won’t just let people say untruths about a man who I know to be a bloody decent bloke.
Again, this really just comes down to people who disagree with any opinion or defense that is to the benefit of RB for the usual list of reasons....otherwise I'm unsure how you can draw the conclusions that you have from that article. They say nothing about how he treats the people that he leads, but only how he treats those who disparage his team. I feel that this is a rather elementary point.

f1jcw
f1jcw

"Again, this really just comes down to people who disagree with any opinion or defense that is to the benefit of RB for the usual list of reasons....otherwise I'm unsure how you can draw the conclusions that you have from that article."

that can be twisted into people who are defending aswell.

zeroday

dans79 wrote:
I never understood why Horner came out against what Teddy Kravitz said and what McLaren's Brown said. What they said were just proven facts, but yet Horner chose to deflect by playing the victim. Baffling.

Ahh well. Ngl, i will miss him. I still respect his obsession to do anything to win though. But i guess some times it does seem to go too far.
Last edited by zeroday on 08 Feb 2024, 19:10, edited 1 time in total.

Shakeman

CH has an abrasive manner and will have no doubt wound up many of these 'journalists' who are writing these opinion pieces. You have to be pretty myopic to read anything in the MSM and believe it is factual.

langedweil

AR3-GP wrote:
dans79 wrote:
The content of the article proves the opposite of what the author intended. The examples in the piece (Kravitz-gate, Cost cap gate) show that Christian Horner defends his team from outsiders. Christian Horner even defended Checo Perez numerous times from naysayers in this thread and beyond...Most employees could only hope that their bosses defend them rather than throw them under the bus. One would hardly describe this as bad leadership. For the position of the author and yourself, it more closely aligns with Horner having opinions that you disagree because is opinions are to the benefit of RB.
I'd agree it is a petty poor article drenched in whataboutisms and half ass statements to prove a point (but in my eyes rather disproves that point).
  • The Kravitz "LH was robbed" was not the reason, it was the last drop in the bucket to spill. Whether I agree or not doesn't matter, the Sky radio-silence was a sum of months, and mentioning that remark as the reason is just silly.
  • The BC breach was certainly punishable (as agreed between all parties), and even the punishing levels were pre-agreed. RB was punished according these lines, and as per the verdict because of incorrect submission their report was partly denied leading into the overspend, and therefore the punishment was correctly applied.
    What Zak did was push the unproven 'Malicious Intent' narrative (calling it cheating) as the only truth; that's the definition of defamation.
  • The MH issue the author writes about is maybe the silliest argument used in the whole article.
  • Finishing up with absolutely not wanting to add any extra fuel to the drama, while emptying 2 jerrycans .. is telling, and follows imho the same Kravitz tactics.
In the end I'm just curious what really happened here, something which will be clear soon .. if not this week, most likely in the next few weeks. I'd say it's great to speculate about things (I enjoy reading all the angles), but I wish these kind of narrative pushing opinions could be left out ...
Last edited by langedweil on 08 Feb 2024, 19:46, edited 3 times in total.
HuggaWugga !

franbatista123

We as fans of the sport are obviously very curious about what is going to happen, specially when you consider the possible consequences. At the same time, we know so little of this situation and until we do know a little bit more it's pointless to go on a character assassination of Horner, regardless of your opinion of him on past events.