Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
f1jcw
f1jcw

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

ThijsMuis wrote:
08 Feb 2024, 21:40
dans79 wrote:
08 Feb 2024, 21:22
Cs98 wrote:
08 Feb 2024, 21:18
Well, why didn't you bring it up when you were speaking to the man just a few weeks ago? I
Maybe he was afraid Horner would go after him, or that Fans of Horner would go after him like they have in the past when he was critical of him.
Didn't Horner block ban some journalists and media?
Was it him or RBR I didn't know.
I think there was trouble with Kravitz and not speaking to Sky.
Kravitz raised that if the rules were followed Lewis would be WDC21, Horner took exception from that and banned Skyf1 over it. Presumably it also got Johnny Herbert the sack aswell, as he was got rid of after mentioning the same.

organic

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/68244253
The team has not confirmed the nature of the complaint made against Horner but BBC Sport understands the claims relate to an allegation of inappropriate and controlling behaviour.
Many insiders who have discussed the situation with BBC Sport do not expect him to survive in his role.

f1jcw
f1jcw

organic wrote:
08 Feb 2024, 21:51
The team has not confirmed the nature of the complaint made against Horner but BBC Sport understands the claims relate to an allegation of inappropriate and controlling behaviour.
Many insiders who have discussed the situation with BBC Sport do not expect him to survive in his role.
Motorsport Brazil is still rumouring the other story

Horner 'on the ropes' after report of allegedly sending photos to a Red Bull member; team leader faces decisive meeting this Friday

Cs98
Cs98

organic wrote:
Let's face it, the story would not have been leaked by RB Austria if they had the intention of keeping him. My bet is Jonathan Wheatley will be presenting the car as TP next Thursday. Funnily enough, his demeanor kind of reminds me of Horner :lol:

hollus

Too much personal mudslinging, superheroes and supervillains. Locked for cooling down until tomorrow.
When it re-opens, remember to discuss the subject, not the posters.

P.S. move this tone of conversation to the Red Bull thread at your own risk, or even better, don't. The lock should be removed soon enough.
Rivals, not enemies.

hollus

Re-opened, we’ve been promised some news today.

Please keep ir civil and avoid personal fights.
Rivals, not enemies.

Wouter

According to this info the meeting is early this morning. Published: 7:40, 9 Feb 2024 UK time.
Christian Horner pictured ahead of Red Bull talks TODAY as ‘inappropriate behaviour’ hearing moved to ‘secret location’

RED Bull boss Christian Horner was pictured leaving his Highgate home ahead of his D-Day hearing today over allegations of "inappropriate behaviour" towards a female member of staff.

The meeting that will determine whether the F1 chief, 50, will keep his job as the team's head was moved last-minute to a secret location.

The hearing was initially meant to be held at the team headquarters in Milton Keynes, Bucks but the high media interest
forced Red Bull officials to move it to a different location the Times report.
The Power of Dreams!

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

It would seem to me that there will be very difficult issues to resolve at the end of this episode regardless of how the 'investigation' finds

The relationship is surely damaged.
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

Watto
Watto

CMSMJ1 wrote:
09 Feb 2024, 10:57
It would seem to me that there will be very difficult issues to resolve at the end of this episode regardless of how the 'investigation' finds

The relationship is surely damaged.
Yep that’s probably the bit that has stuck with me with the leaks I’m not sure he discovers irrespective of what happened. A lot of where there is smoke there is fire,

zeph
zeph

dans79 wrote:
08 Feb 2024, 17:58
A very strong opinion piece, that i have to say isn't wrong!
https://i.ibb.co/pW1ws04/20240208-213003.jpg
I more or less agree, but he could have summarized the whole article by saying "Horner is a born politician". Really, everything that comes out of his mouth is calculated and deliberate.

I suppose that is one of the many things that makes him such an effective leader, but I dislike him for that.

basti313
basti313

rijtuig wrote:
09 Feb 2024, 11:46
It's just an observation of the subject. Don't get too emotional.
No, it is just bull$hit posting. No one here knows what happened, so how can anyone now realistically criticize?
Any critics now is mostly just exactly the emotional hate posting...

To join the assumptions: I also think more and more that Horner will be sacked, just from the strange meeting and the leak...but even this is unclear.
Mostly clear is that he did not send out dick pics, right? So it seems to be around work ethics...maybe he wrote about how everyone works in F1, but no one is allowed to write down as it is ethically incorrect to work these hours, etc.? Maybe even cost cap related...but this is just a wild assumption of what might come, it might be completely off critics as it may be just the normal nightmare to work in F1.
Don`t russel the hamster!

Shakeman

organic wrote:
Many insiders? How many? Who exactly are those insiders? A small faction who wants CH out by any chance?

Of course those so called insiders who have a beef with CH are more than likely ready to brief the press as they know as much negative press means they are manufacturing consent for CH's firing. This is how modern cancel culture works, build up a head of steam and make it impossible for someone to stay.

I'm willing to bet my house that the overwhelming majority of RB staff are standing by company policy which will be not speaking to the press under any circumstance so that view presented by the BBC is a biased one.

The media creates narratives it is done by leaving out crucial context and inconvenient facts. Do not rush to judgement.

De Wet

zeph wrote:
09 Feb 2024, 12:12
dans79 wrote:
08 Feb 2024, 17:58
A very strong opinion piece, that i have to say isn't wrong!
https://i.ibb.co/pW1ws04/20240208-213003.jpg
I more or less agree, but he could have summarized the whole article by saying "Horner is a born politician". Really, everything that comes out of his mouth is calculated and deliberate.

I suppose that is one of the many things that makes him such an effective leader, but I dislike him for that.

Toto Are The Same... :D

Wouter

organic wrote:
The team has not confirmed the nature of the complaint made against Horner but BBC Sport understands
the claims relate to an allegation of inappropriate and controlling behaviour.
I don't know if this was posted here. These are two posts from a RBR employee on the AS forum.
CharlesChornley, on 05 Feb 2024 - 21:29, said:

I have worked at RBR for over 20 years and I just wanted to say one thing. Firstly, none of us at the factory are any wiser as to what’s happened and this post is nothing to do with speculation or rumour.

What I did want to comment on is Christian’s character. I read a lot of comments on here saying he’s “like this” or his attitude is “like that”.
It’s simply not true, he’s a natural born leader and literally everyone at work thinks very highly of him.

When he took over from Dave Pitchforth the workforce was incredibly disappointed. We all loved Dave and didn’t really know anything about Christian. It took no time at all for us all to warm to him. He makes a point to say hello or good morning to everyone, he’s approachable and he always has a smile on his face, even during tense or stressful times.

Like I said, I don’t know what the legal issues are here, but I won’t just let people say untruths about a man
who I know to be a bloody decent bloke.
CharlesChornley . 08 Feb 2024 - 19:01

Cheers, I actually agree with some of the negativity towards my post. I hadn’t considered that his work perosna might not be who he is all of the time.
That being said, you can only go on your own experience and like I said,
the vast majority of employees think he’s a fantastic human being and a great leader.

Like others have alluded to, there’s actually been very little said by any of the parties involved. People will always try and join the dots and whilst it’s not something I like to do, I get that it feeds forums and newspapers.

I’m incredibly hopeful that this turns out to be a minor disagreement or misunderstanding. My fingers are crossed.
The Power of Dreams!

f1jcw
f1jcw

That really doesn't have much bearing on this case, the actions of Horner towards one person doesn't necessarily collate to everyone.