Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Rikhart
Rikhart

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

Wouldn't it be just epic if this turned out to be a gigantic nothing burger? It would surely disapoint many ;)

ThijsMuis
ThijsMuis

Rikhart wrote:
09 Feb 2024, 14:11
Wouldn't it be just epic if this turned out to be a gigantic nothing burger? It would surely disapoint many ;)
I think it would surprise everyone Red Bull shoot itself in the foot so badly.
Some teams get PR critics. I don't think we ever see a team do this to itself in history of F1. It's eating itself.

Shakeman

Rikhart wrote:
If that is the case I hope people will remember all those videos and articles written by so called journalists who alleged otherwise.

If CH survives then I think those briefing and stirring up the press will have a much shortened career at RB going forward.

FW17

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/red- ... /10573892/

Albon news today is getting the Thai part of RB to the racing team side against the Oliver guy?

Venturiation
Venturiation

What is controlling behaviour?
According to the Home Office’s official statutory guidance framework, controlling or coercive behaviour is a “intentional pattern of conduct” in which perpetrators will “use various means to hurt, humiliate, intimidate, exploit, isolate and dominate their victims.”

There are many different behaviours which fall under this conduct, including: physical and sexual violence/abuse, violent behaviour, emotional or psychological abuse, controlling behaviours, restrictive behaviours and threatening behaviours.
https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/arti ... d-hearing/

Shakeman

My partner is a lawyer, she is anal about attention to detail which is how she does the best job for her clients and why she is so successful but she has two useless secretaries who need reminding on a daily basis to do the job they are paid to do. It drives her to distraction but she won't let them get away with sloppiness and laziness. When does this become controlling or coercive behaviour and simply an employee not up to the job?

I remember when I was a junior engineer, I hadn't been in the job long and I had to solder some connectors onto a cable (it sounds easy but it wasn't) and I did a bit of a ham-fisted attempt, I was given an almighty rocket up my arse by the senior engineer who asked me to do the job. That rollicking has lived with me my whole career and is responsible for me going that extra mile to do whatever job to the best of my ability. By today's snowflake standards I could've reported that engineer and had him disciplined for the over use of the F word and condescending language and the offense it caused me.

I'm glad I work for myself now because I could not hide my micro-aggressions in the corporate environment these days.

f1jcw
f1jcw

At one point it was considered okay to send kids up chimneys and down mines, how far back do we go in the "good old days"

dren

f1jcw wrote:
09 Feb 2024, 17:01
At one point it was considered okay to send kids up chimneys and down mines, how far back do we go in the "good old days"
Back to when it was ok to eat them for dinner.
Honda!

j_ste
j_ste

Rikhart wrote:
Anyone who loves the sport wants it to be nothing because someone of his stature getting caught up in scandal, makes the sport look bad.

f1jcw
f1jcw

j_ste wrote:
09 Feb 2024, 17:28
Rikhart wrote:
Anyone who loves the sport wants it to be nothing because someone of his stature getting caught up in scandal, makes the sport look bad.
I never heard that line used in the Susie Wolf debacle, and many many other events. F1 is pretty partisan.

mendis
mendis

f1jcw wrote:
09 Feb 2024, 17:42
j_ste wrote:
09 Feb 2024, 17:28
Rikhart wrote:
I never heard that line used in the Susie Wolf debacle, and many many other events. F1 is pretty partisan.
There are many that don't like Horner, but respect what he has done and achieved. He is an important figurehead for F1. Comparing Susie Wolff to Horner is really naive. Besides, she isn't part of F1 either. If not for Toto, she wouldn't be anywhere near this circus on her own. That's the difference. Nobody shed a tear or even unhappy when a clown like Gunther Steiner was thrown out as he didn't do any good to the team in particular or F1 in general. F1 needs strong figures and Horner is one of them. Unless what he has committed is clear crime, which only the completion of investigation would reveal, he stands as innocent and the public character assassination is unfair and bad for F1.

f1jcw
f1jcw

No, that is just your own personal feeling on Horner and his status, just as is your thinking Susie was fair game.

organic

Horner verdict not due until next week apparently

https://www.espn.in/f1/story/_/id/39490 ... -next-week

mendis
mendis

organic wrote:
09 Feb 2024, 18:01
Horner verdict not due until next week apparently

https://www.espn.in/f1/story/_/id/39490 ... -next-week
I wouldn't be surprised if this controversy dies down, without any official statement about the closure as there was none about it's start either. Someone from either Red Bull majority stake holders or someone with good influence might step in to clean up the mess and bring about a settlement.

If this was serious matter, Horner would be out by now taking responsibility for an offence that's unacceptable in any professional or legal framework. If that hasn't happened means it's not a clear cut case and no ground for termination. This was leaked to media to embarass and see if that can work. Just my hunch. :)
Last edited by mendis on 09 Feb 2024, 19:07, edited 3 times in total.

dans79

Shakeman wrote:
09 Feb 2024, 16:54
My partner is a lawyer, she is anal about attention to detail which is how she does the best job for her clients and why she is so successful but she has two useless secretaries who need reminding on a daily basis to do the job they are paid to do. It drives her to distraction but she won't let them get away with sloppiness and laziness. When does this become controlling or coercive behaviour and simply an employee not up to the job?
Depends what she is doing or saying.

When I used to manage (I don't anymore because I got tired of office politics), if an employee wasn't up to snuff you went to HR. You outlined the employees short cummings and then You, HR, and the employee had a meeting. In the meeting it would be made very clear to the employee what was expected of them and what they needed to do to keep their job. They would be given a few weeks to get them selves in line and if they didn't they would be let go.

Things that are not ok that I've personally seen or heard about.
  • if you don't get this done I'm going to {some form of physical assault}
  • intentionally dressing down an employee Infront of their peers to embarrass them or intimidate the peers.
  • threats about ruining their careers in some way or ensuring the never work in the industry again etc
  • requiring them to perform demeaning tasks to keep their job
  • various forms of verbally demeaning them
Basically narcissistic, psychopathic, and Sociopathic type behaviors are not ok. If an employee isn't up to snuff, get rid of them, do just keep them around and figuratively beat on them.
201 105 104 9 9 7