2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
organic

Re: 2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

CjC wrote:
13 Feb 2024, 23:59
haza wrote:
13 Feb 2024, 22:52
Why do I get the feeling there just gonna randomly reveal it out the blue like the livery boom there you go see ya next week, normally they have a whole launch event planned with fans etc they’ve literally kept everyone second guessing all winter
I have no idea why but aren’t they having a filming day tomorrow with the new car?

*edit* just read that the launch is at Silverstone tomorrow- would be strange to there at Silverstone and then not to put it on track?
It was reported last week that they would shakedown at Silverstone on 14th Feb

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

CjC wrote:
13 Feb 2024, 23:59
haza wrote:
13 Feb 2024, 22:52
Why do I get the feeling there just gonna randomly reveal it out the blue like the livery boom there you go see ya next week, normally they have a whole launch event planned with fans etc they’ve literally kept everyone second guessing all winter
I have no idea why but aren’t they having a filming day tomorrow with the new car?

*edit* just read that the launch is at Silverstone tomorrow- would be strange to there at Silverstone and then not to put it on track?
There is a filming day or a shakedown tomorrow (not sure of the specifics). I guess we may get a launch (online or physical) at 8:38 and then later a shakedown.

I still think it may be a physical launch. It's good publicity and looks like the gang is back at the factory (including some support characters such as Bianca).

EDIT: Just saw that McLaren posted on an instagram "security cam" footage of someone pushing an F1 car under the covers into the MTC. Leaning toward a physical launch.

MrGapes

lets hope this is true

Darth-Piekus

Just for once I want to see a fully agreesive car. No more conservatives.
Is it on one hour from now?

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

Darth-Piekus wrote:
14 Feb 2024, 07:50
About two more.

djos

Darth-Piekus wrote:
It’s very unlikely, at this stage of the rules lifecycle, the name of the game is evolution, not revolution.
"In downforce we trust"

Darth-Piekus

Aston Martin created an evolution of last years car and it was fully agressive. I dont see why Mclaren shouldnt show something agressive as an evolution of last years car.
Last edited by Darth-Piekus on 14 Feb 2024, 09:15, edited 1 time in total.

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

Darth-Piekus wrote:
The team was public that their development path of last year is still very productive. This to me means that they do not have to go fully aggressive and I don't expect major changes on the car.

Darth-Piekus

Last years car was aggressive already. So I would expect something greater. Anyone knows where the livestream gonna be?

Seerix
Seerix

weird launch, car is supposed to be unveiled in half an hour an I don't even know where

mwillems

Darth-Piekus wrote:
14 Feb 2024, 09:19
Last years car was aggressive already. So I would expect something greater. Anyone knows where the livestream gonna be?
I'm not sure I understand. Last years car was aggressive how? Or do you mean the car that ended the year, not the launch car...

I'm not sure if this years launch car will be what we see at testing, but I have a feeling it will be. But I'm not expecting to see big changes like at Austria, and I have faith in the team that what they put out there will be a good effort. We can't control what others are doing and if they have had a brilliant winter so it could be anywhere in the top 4.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

Darth-Piekus

I meant the final car of last year. What I mean by aggressive I mean pleasing to the eye. I expect an evolution of that car with ruthless aggression that will make us love it in todays Lovers Day. The team must continue to evolve the car as quick as possible if we want to take another step up.
Last edited by Darth-Piekus on 14 Feb 2024, 10:12, edited 1 time in total.

mwillems

MrGapes wrote:
14 Feb 2024, 01:32

lets hope this is true
I like the way he talks, gives me confidence that they have found a lot of time!

I haven't wanted to say it out loud but I'm going to say it now.

If the Austria and Singapore upgrades took 4 months and found the team over a second in time...
And the team say they are getting the same gains still as they were in their development last season...
This car has been in development for 6 months...
And the team are being unusually bullish in their statements about pace and wins...

How excited can we be?
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

If the car is not quick out of the box - they massively overstated their offseason.

I'd be surprised, they were very cautious in previous years.

Slahinki
Slahinki

Seerix wrote:
14 Feb 2024, 09:48
weird launch, car is supposed to be unveiled in half an hour an I don't even know where
Really weird, indeed...