Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
dans79

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

RedNEO wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 17:16
Are you seriously using a whataboutism text that you don't know the context that has nothing to do with the allegations to justify a UK paper writing lies? You’re not even pretending to not care about truth and justice.
You didn't even look at the linked article did you? It's from the trial!
201 105 104 9 9 7

RedNEO

dans79 wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 17:20
RedNEO wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 17:16
Are you seriously using a whataboutism text that you don't know the context that has nothing to do with the allegations to justify a UK paper writing lies? You’re not even pretending to not care about truth and justice.
You didn't even look at the linked article did you? It's from the trial!
I know it’s from the trial I watched it. Why don’t you talk about her cutting his finger or shitting in his bed? Because he sent a text wishing she was dead because of what she did to him that makes him a somehow equal to her abuse? That’s not right.

RedNEO

SoulPancake13 wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 17:18
Gross response to a very serious matter from people here. It is unacceptable that RB allowed Horner to continue working as if nothing was wrong. A suspension was and is almost necessary, shame on RB for allowing Horner at the release. Telegraaf were, by the way, the first of the media outlets to even report that there was an investigation going on, so to those acting like this is "fake news", I would think twice. Of course, these still remain allegations, but I hope for Horner's sake he didn't do it, as this seems quite damning.
The only thing gross is condemning people before their is any proof just like you are doing. Calling us gross before you even know any of it is even true especially knowing how headline hungry papers are over truth is pretty silly.

Cs98
Cs98

Well, if true, then I can't see Horner staying on.

RedNEO

Cs98 wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 17:33
Well, if true, then I can't see Horner staying on.
What it sounds like to me someone is paying a lot of money to a paper to pressure Horner out by printing vague statements that can’t get them sued. If they had damning evidence Horner wouldn’t have even made the week and would be in hiding.

RedNEO

rijtuig wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 17:40
SoulPancake13 wrote:
Gross response to a very serious matter from people here. It is unacceptable that RB allowed Horner to continue working as if nothing was wrong. A suspension was and is almost necessary, shame on RB for allowing Horner at the release. Telegraaf were, by the way, the first of the media outlets to even report that there was an investigation going on, so to those acting like this is "fake news", I would think twice. Of course, these still remain allegations, but I hope for Horner's sake he didn't do it, as this seems quite damning.
This - and the fans who are afraid to condemn them. It's a shame, as if when you would condemn the situation you are no longer a RBR fan.

Weird peoples.
Say it with me… innocent until proven guilty. Remember those words

dans79

RedNEO wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 17:24
I know it’s from the trial I watched it. Why don’t you talk about her cutting his finger or shitting in his bed? Because he sent a text wishing she was dead because of what she did to him that makes him a somehow equal to her abuse? That’s not right.
As I said in my very first response they are both missing bults. When you are a nutter its hard to win a case no matter what side of the court room you sit on!

Back on topic this is directly from what Silo posted from the acticle.
From the app traffic between the female employee of Red Bull and Horner, viewed by The Telegraph, the picture emerges that Horner (50) sent sexually oriented messages to the employee regularly and over a considerable period of time.
They published that they saw the communication. Reporters don't say something like that because if they are not sure it's true, because it's not vague or ambiguous.

The first thing the opposing layer would be asking fore when they sued you was what you saw specifically.
201 105 104 9 9 7

zeroday

Toast, if true.

The allegations, sadly, sound very plausible for what most males (of power) would do in their positions. And is more inline with what everyone was thinking this was all about in the first place before the odd (and now wrong) rumours of it being instead about some entitled employer bossing around an employee nonsense.

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

RedNEO wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 17:28
SoulPancake13 wrote:
The only thing gross is condemning people before their is any proof just like you are doing. Calling us gross before you even know any of it is even true especially knowing how headline hungry papers are over truth is pretty silly.
Oddly enough, I never mentioned you as gross, so I find it interesting that you thought I was targeting you. Either way, I was more talking about people downplaying the severity of those allegations by saying things such as "I wish I could receive sexual harassment for 650,000 GPB". Again, may I remind you that De Telegraaf are actually reputable, and the RB mouthpiece himself, Erik Van Haren, posted the article. If there was no truth at all to these claims then I would be shocked.

dialtone
dialtone

There is no trial, at least not yet, so far it's an internal company process. I don't think Johnny Depp case is in any way comparable to this so... If what the news paper wrote is true, Horner is an incredibly stupid person.

dans79

mendis wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 17:51
dans79 wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 17:49
What's the guarantee they have even seen it? But who cares, as long as the news is juicy.
The paper published they have seen the communication between Horner and the woman. Unless the paper is staffed entirely by morons they wouldn't have said that, because such a statement provides no room to maneuver if you made it up.

*remove deleted post - MOD edit
Last edited by CMSMJ1 on 16 Feb 2024, 18:13, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed line in quote
201 105 104 9 9 7

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

mendis wrote:
dans79 wrote:
What's the guarantee they have even seen it? But who cares, as long as the news is juicy.
I'm 99% sure lying about that sets them up for the easiest lawsuit of all time from Horner. We're not talking about the US empire vs a middle eastern country here, we're talking about F1 team principal against a journalist

*remove deleted - Mod edit
Last edited by CMSMJ1 on 16 Feb 2024, 18:14, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed line in quote

mendis
mendis

dans79 wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 17:55
mendis wrote:
dans79 wrote:

Please tell me where any reporter claimed they knew Iraq had WMDS because they personally saw them!
The paper published they have seen the communication between Horner and the woman. Unless the paper is staffed entirely by morons they wouldn't have said that, because such a statement provides no room to maneuver if you made it up.
Newspapers consistently churn up BS. Until it's proven, there is zero credibility to what they claim. It's as simple as that.

mendis
mendis

SoulPancake13 wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 17:57
mendis wrote:
I'm 99% sure lying about that sets them up for the easiest lawsuit of all time from Horner. We're not talking about the US empire vs a middle eastern country here, we're talking about F1 team principal against a journalist
[/quote]

Is this the first newspaper that's lying (assuming they are)?

RedNEO

SoulPancake13 wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 17:53
RedNEO wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 17:28
SoulPancake13 wrote:
Oddly enough, I never mentioned you as gross, so I find it interesting that you thought I was targeting you. Either way, I was more talking about people downplaying the severity of those allegations by saying things such as "I wish I could receive sexual harassment for 650,000 GPB". Again, may I remind you that De Telegraaf are actually reputable, and the RB mouthpiece himself, Erik Van Haren, posted the article. If there was no truth at all to these claims then I would be shocked.
I find it interesting that you find it interesting when you don’t address who you are talking to when you are making your blanket statements and then act surprised when nobody else knows either.

Anyway if you think a tabloid newspapers saying it happened is evidence that’s not a leg I’d want to stand on anywhere let alone in a court. If this investigation was so private why are they showing it to a newspaper? And if the newspaper was shown why haven’t they printed any of it? So no evidence. Still innocent. Next