Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Quantum

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

dans79 wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 18:58

It's been reported he tried to by buy off the woman. for some reasons the press keeps referring to her as the reporter.
mwillems wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 18:57
It would be "Hush Money" for the person making the complaint, if that report is even true.

It's a bold report, given that Horner has been denying everything.

Right thanks as confusing to know if it was an attempt to keep the reporters from reporting or the complainant from complaint. Sheesh, well either Telegraaf is going to be sued to rubble, or Horner is in deep trouble to be offering that kind of money for his proclamations of no wrongdoing.
Whatever Red Bull want to do, it has to fit in UK employment law. If the complainant has evidence which she reportedly has, and Red Bull retain Horner's services after the investigation, I wonder if this gets kicked into court because that's the last thing anyone at Red Bull wants.
Right now as I see it, Red Bull are complying with law by way of legally purveyed internal investigation. This has not being adjudicated by anyone to issue sentence or verdict as in a Judge. So we could have a situation where either party wont be happy and seek Court ruling.
If Horner is sacked it's an avenue for him, and if he retains his spot the complainant will want this avenue too.
I seriously doubt Red Bull themselves will want to offer hush money, as the implications for them would be huge.
"Interplay of triads"

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

RedNEO wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 18:07
SoulPancake13 wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 17:53
RedNEO wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 17:28

The only thing gross is condemning people before their is any proof just like you are doing. Calling us gross before you even know any of it is even true especially knowing how headline hungry papers are over truth is pretty silly.
Oddly enough, I never mentioned you as gross, so I find it interesting that you thought I was targeting you. Either way, I was more talking about people downplaying the severity of those allegations by saying things such as "I wish I could receive sexual harassment for 650,000 GPB". Again, may I remind you that De Telegraaf are actually reputable, and the RB mouthpiece himself, Erik Van Haren, posted the article. If there was no truth at all to these claims then I would be shocked.
I find it interesting that you find it interesting when you don’t address who you are talking to when you are making your blanket statements and then act surprised when nobody else knows either.

Anyway if you think a tabloid newspapers saying it happened is evidence that’s not a leg I’d want to stand on anywhere let alone in a court. If this investigation was so private why are they showing it to a newspaper? And if the newspaper was shown why haven’t they printed any of it? So no evidence. Still innocent. Next
You can believe what you want to, but the truth is that Erik Van Haren is the MOST reliable source when it comes to Red Bull and has been their mouthpiece for a while now. If he said something about Red Bull, it is almost certainly true - thus is his reputation. Like I said, you can believe it or not, but don't act like this is some random source coming from nowhere.

j_ste
j_ste

Big Tea wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 19:04
Surely if there were "photographs of a sexual nature" involved, it would no longer be a civil or internal mater but a criminal court mater?
We have no news of such a thing do we, or it would not be allowed to be kept internal
This things dont evole quickly. Especially when you are accusing people of dramatic wealth and public acclaim.

RedNEO

SoulPancake13 wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 19:40
RedNEO wrote:
SoulPancake13 wrote:

Oddly enough, I never mentioned you as gross, so I find it interesting that you thought I was targeting you. Either way, I was more talking about people downplaying the severity of those allegations by saying things such as "I wish I could receive sexual harassment for 650,000 GPB". Again, may I remind you that De Telegraaf are actually reputable, and the RB mouthpiece himself, Erik Van Haren, posted the article. If there was no truth at all to these claims then I would be shocked.
I find it interesting that you find it interesting when you don’t address who you are talking to when you are making your blanket statements and then act surprised when nobody else knows either.

Anyway if you think a tabloid newspapers saying it happened is evidence that’s not a leg I’d want to stand on anywhere let alone in a court. If this investigation was so private why are they showing it to a newspaper? And if the newspaper was shown why haven’t they printed any of it? So no evidence. Still innocent. Next
You can believe what you want to, but the truth is that Erik Van Haren is the MOST reliable source when it comes to Red Bull and has been their mouthpiece for a while now. If he said something about Red Bull, it is almost certainly true - thus is his reputation. Like I said, you can believe it or not, but don't act like this is some random source coming from nowhere.
I don’t have to believe anything.. that’s the beauty of waiting for hard evidence rather than condemning people based on ZERO evidence. Horner is innocent until proven otherwise.

DChemTech
DChemTech

SoulPancake13 wrote:
RedNEO wrote:
SoulPancake13 wrote:

De Telegraaf reputable :lol: what a joke. One of the most biased pseudotabloid newspapers in the Netherlands.
Let's wait for some proper official new rather than sensationalist reporting. And perhaps focus this forum on the interesting technical stuff instead of personal gossip. There should be plenty of that to go around with all the new car releases.

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

DChemTech wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 20:11
SoulPancake13 wrote:
RedNEO wrote:

De Telegraaf reputable :lol: what a joke. One of the most biased pseudotabloid newspapers in the Netherlands.
Let's wait for some proper official new rather than sensationalist reporting. And perhaps focus this forum on the interesting technical stuff instead of personal gossip. There should be plenty of that to go around with all the new car releases.
De Telegraaf is not reliable in all aspects but sports. Erik van Haren is extremely close to the Verstappens and Marko. But again, people like you will deflect and refuse to hear anything that might contradict your view.

RedNEO

SoulPancake13 wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 20:14
DChemTech wrote:
SoulPancake13 wrote:

De Telegraaf is not reliable in all aspects but sports. Erik van Haren is extremely close to the Verstappens and Marko. But again, people like you will deflect and refuse to hear anything that might contradict your view.
Being extremely close to certain team members doesn’t equal “credibility” or “evidence”

It’s remarkable you are actually using that as a way to argue credibility when it’s incredibly obvious that this would do the opposite in court.

RedNEO

DChemTech wrote:
SoulPancake13 wrote:
RedNEO wrote:

Nice to get some insight into what this paper’s reputation is like from insiders.. puts this suspiciously timed news into perspective.

dans79

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 97639.html
“As a family company, and a company that holds itself to very high standards of behavior and integrity, we do expect the same from our partners,” Rushbrook said. "It appears to us, and what we've been told, was that Red Bull is taking the situation very seriously. And of course, they're worried about their brand, as well.

“And that's why they've got an independent investigation and until we see what truth comes out of that, it's too early for us to comment on it all.”
So RBR could loose the ford deal depending on the outcome!
201 105 104 9 9 7

denyall

At this point, for RB this is going to be settled in the court of public opinion rather than a court of law.

Their sponsors and partners are going to pay very close attention to what is going on and will make decisions based on perception.

dialtone
dialtone

denyall wrote:At this point, for RB this is going to be settled in the court of public opinion rather than a court of law.

Their sponsors and partners are going to pay very close attention to what is going on and will make decisions based on perception.
Yeah I don’t quite understand the slowness in this. They are exposing themselves to more of this nonsense rather than closing the case and moving on. The lawyer went of vacation is something out of Monty Python.

maxxer
maxxer

SoulPancake13 wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 20:14
DChemTech wrote:
SoulPancake13 wrote:

Agreed , the paper was right when they broke the story in the first place.
Seems some people don't want it to be true and are finding ways to ignore the truth.

f1jcw
f1jcw

dialtone wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 20:53
denyall wrote:At this point, for RB this is going to be settled in the court of public opinion rather than a court of law.

Yeah I don’t quite understand the slowness in this. They are exposing themselves to more of this nonsense rather than closing the case and moving on. The lawyer went of vacation is something out of Monty Python.
What I heard was that the Lawyer was employed by the Thai's not Redbull GMBH, the lawyer has also sent the report to the thai's and has not shown it to Redbull GmBH, speculations is, with the holiday and not showing it to Redbull, that it is a delaying tactic.

Wouter

f1jcw wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 20:58
dialtone wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 20:53

What I heard was that the Lawyer was employed by the Thai's not Redbull GMBH, the lawyer has also sent the report to the thai's and has not shown it to Redbull GmBH, speculations is, with the holiday and not showing it to Redbull, that it is a delaying tactic.
Source? Thank you.
The Power of Dreams!

f1jcw
f1jcw

https://f1-insider.com/formel-1-horner- ... ull-61829/

The reason is also the internal investigation from last Friday, which was carried out by a seemingly independent lawyer for Red Bull. Apparently because the lawyer was appointed by the Thais. He interviewed Horner and the employee, among others, for eight hours and was then supposed to submit a final report. But it never arrived at Red Bull headquarters in Austria. The good man preferred to go on vacation first. He couldn't be reached by phone, which is why Red Bull only speaks of "conscious disappearance".