2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Re: 2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

Discussing other forum members is probably teetering on the edge of getting into trouble. I think enough has been said.

djos

mwillems wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 16:45
There was some kind of back and forth with some users having a go at him, IIRC.
Some of the keyboard warriors here attacked him, with no evidence to prove he was wrong, just because they didn’t believe what he was saying.

And iirc, the vast majority of his information turned out to be correct.
"In downforce we trust"

Venturiation
Venturiation

I remember everyone was mad at how awful the car was and the problems in testing

billamend
billamend

djos wrote:
17 Feb 2024, 00:40
Some of the keyboard warriors here attacked him, with no evidence to prove he was wrong, just because they didn’t believe what he was saying.

And iirc, the vast majority of his information turned out to be correct.
You’re 100% right. Quite shameful what happened.

Those who attacked and shamed him are now praising the progress that the team did last year.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

back to Mclaren....

Emag
Emag

I just hope he is doing fine. Other than that, it doesnt matter why someone leaves the forum, it is up to them.

And now back on topic. With Rob Marshall and David Sanchez joining late december, I guess it's safe to assume we won't be "feeling" their impact until at least after the summer break.

Of course that also highly depends on how good the team starts the season, because if they are competitive from the get go, I guess they wouldn't have to do much :P

With McLaren doing something similar (although to be fair, still relatively different) to RedBull with their sidepod inlets, I was thinking, how strictly are the gardening leave terms enforced really? What stops Rob from getting a package in his mail with McLaren blueprints with a request for input?

mwillems

I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

organic

From an interview with Stella for McLaren Racing
Is this new car what you wanted it to be at this point or is it going to be very different when we get to Bahrain? Will there be new bits on it?

Andrea Stella: No, in Bahrain we will fundamentally carry the very same car. We are definitely working on some developments, we are working on delivering some projects to the MCL38 but this will come later after the start of the season.
He was also asked how the first day with the car went and he said everything was fine and things seemed to go as expected

hollus

AR3-GP wrote:
17 Feb 2024, 01:26
back to Mclaren....
Indeed, discuss contents, not posters.
Rivals, not enemies.

swifteddie1
swifteddie1

organic wrote:
17 Feb 2024, 14:25
Is this new car what you wanted it to be at this point or is it going to be very different when we get to Bahrain? Will there be new bits on it?

Andrea Stella: No, in Bahrain we will fundamentally carry the very same car. We are definitely working on some developments, we are working on delivering some projects to the MCL38 but this will come later after the start of the season.
He was also asked how the first day with the car went and he said everything was fine and things seemed to go as expected
This is the second interview i've seen recently where Stella has stated that the car is going to be fundamentally the same for Bahrain. So i dont quite understand why theres a perception on here that theres going to be a big difference come Bahrain.

The team seem rather bullish, so they must have really found big gains with their floor updates and current philosophy.

With reports that RB is moving to the zero pod philosophy it'll be interesting to see if the team remains bullish after the first few days of testing. Stella has always been honest so we should know soon.

CjC
CjC

Stella has also maintained through out the winter that he expects Red Bull to have a decent margin over the rest of the field
Just a fan's point of view

mwillems

Best thing to do now is wait to see what speed the car has.

-Bandit

chrstphrln

swifteddie1 wrote:
17 Feb 2024, 21:15
With reports that RB is moving to the zero pod philosophy it'll be interesting to see if the team remains bullish after the first few days of testing. Stella has always been honest so we should know soon.
The RB Zeropod story is extremely unbelievable for many reasons. Better forget this fairy tale quickly.

swifteddie1
swifteddie1

chrstphrln wrote:
17 Feb 2024, 22:47
swifteddie1 wrote:
The RB Zeropod story is extremely unbelievable for many reasons. Better forget this fairy tale quickly.
Why is this extremely unbelievable? It was on Motorsport.com and they don't typically report things unless there is some truth to it. What is your proof that its 'extremely unbelievable'?

Anyways this is the McLaren team thread so not going to debate this further here.

mwillems

swifteddie1 wrote:
organic wrote:
17 Feb 2024, 14:25

This is the second interview i've seen recently where Stella has stated that the car is going to be fundamentally the same for Bahrain. So i dont quite understand why theres a perception on here that theres going to be a big difference come Bahrain.

The team seem rather bullish, so they must have really found big gains with their floor updates and current philosophy.

I'm not expecting too much to come by testing, I'm expecting more to be revealed as we haven't several of the important areas.

RB is not zeropod. It has massive waterside unlike the Merc so is fundamentally a different concept.

-Bandit