2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
franbatista123

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

organic wrote:
19 Feb 2024, 02:55
https://www.formule1.nl/nieuws/bleekemo ... formule-1/
"Max will be way ahead of the others again if what I hear is true" the Limburger thinks. "Every now and then I fish for some information from Sébastien Buemi who is regularly in the simulator for Red Bull. It seems they found some things here and there" Bleekemolen: "It can hardly go wrong."
Man if they more or less retain the advantage that they had last year despite other teams making big steps, i'll be so disappointed as a non-RB fan. It would mean that in practice they are 1 year ahead of the pack and with the cost-cap it's impossible to overturn it. After a great first half in 2022, it would cement the 2022-2025 as the worst in many many years.

I guess we'll have to wait and see because it's all speculation at this point. I certainly don't think any off track drama will affect RB in the next two years.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

[@erikvharen] Just like last year, Max Verstappen will again drive the entire first test day (Wednesday) on behalf of Red Bull in Bahrain. The world champion will also board on Thursday afternoon. It's Sergio Pérez's turn on Thursday morning and all Friday.

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

AR3-GP wrote:
19 Feb 2024, 18:47
[@erikvharen] Just like last year, Max Verstappen will again drive the entire first test day (Wednesday) on behalf of Red Bull in Bahrain. The world champion will also board on Thursday afternoon. It's Sergio Pérez's turn on Thursday morning and all Friday.
Surprised about that. If you have any gremlins, don’t they normally show up in day 1 or 2 of testing? Generous to Checo imho. Good to see but surprising

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
19 Feb 2024, 18:54
AR3-GP wrote:
19 Feb 2024, 18:47
Surprised about that. If you have any gremlins, don’t they normally show up in day 1 or 2 of testing? Generous to Checo imho. Good to see but surprising
I think it was done this way in the previous test as well. I suspect if there is any major drama, they will split the remaining time evenly between the two drivers.

senja
senja

AR3-GP wrote:
19 Feb 2024, 17:25
Vanja #66 wrote:
19 Feb 2024, 12:57
Nothing new here, we've all been expecting it. Next two seasons are completely theirs to lose.
I see what you are doing here. Piling the expectation and pressure on to RB :lol:

I expect nothing from them. 2023 won't be topped. '24 will be a year where they fiddle with exotic ideas and it could be amazing or it could be a catastrophe.
I don't see how it could be a catastrophe. They are going experimental, to be a step above others, or at least on par (being on par is risky part). If they think they are risking potential catastrophe with exotic ideas, they would stay with RB19 concept, improve it to max, and still be in a safe fight for titles, in a less dominant way than last year...

Sieper

franbatista123 wrote:
19 Feb 2024, 18:16
organic wrote:
19 Feb 2024, 02:55
https://www.formule1.nl/nieuws/bleekemo ... formule-1/
"Max will be way ahead of the others again if what I hear is true" the Limburger thinks. "Every now and then I fish for some information from Sébastien Buemi who is regularly in the simulator for Red Bull. It seems they found some things here and there" Bleekemolen: "It can hardly go wrong."
Man if they more or less retain the advantage that they had last year despite other teams making big steps, i'll be so disappointed as a non-RB fan. It would mean that in practice they are 1 year ahead of the pack and with the cost-cap it's impossible to overturn it. After a great first half in 2022, it would cement the 2022-2025 as the worst in many many years.

I guess we'll have to wait and see because it's all speculation at this point. I certainly don't think any off track drama will affect RB in the next two years.
Don’t worry. From the years 22-25 50% hasn’t even started yet while 22 saw Max like 50 points behind early season and every Ferrari fan fully convinced that now it was on. while 23 was an absolute recordyear the likes we have never seen before in F1. Those years are also remembered&cherished even by neutral fans. Everyone knows about 2002.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Drivers are saying the car felt "good" at the shakedown.
Verstappen and Perez positive about RB20
That first impression is good. "Unfortunately, it was a bit of a rainy day, but I think the first feelings are good. I felt comfortable. That's the most important," Verstappen began. "Now I'm just looking forward to driving in Bahrain and to start to understand the car a bit more."
Perez is also positive: "It feels really nice to back," said the Mexican. "Everything has been good and now there are exciting times ahead. Everything felt really good, so looking forward to seeing you soon in Bahrain."
https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/260650/r ... -good.html

organic

Re: Red Bull RB20

This agrees with other rumours. So the car will continue to change until the Bahrain GP

David Coulthard on RB20:
"It's a launch iteration… there will be upgrades coming to the test up until the last day and there might even be an upgrade that comes for the Friday of the Bahrain race, and all of these upgrades are expected to change performance, balance and lap time."

Sevach
Sevach

organic wrote:
20 Feb 2024, 01:16
This agrees with other rumours. So the car will continue to change until the Bahrain GP

David Coulthard on RB20:
"It's a launch iteration… there will be upgrades coming to the test up until the last day and there might even be an upgrade that comes for the Friday of the Bahrain race, and all of these upgrades are expected to change performance, balance and lap time."
This thing looked like a franken car let's be honest.

Venturiation
Venturiation

organic wrote:

David Coulthard on RB20:
Does it mean they are bringing the Japanese "zeropod" upgarde earlier or is it a preparation for that?

I think they have been working on this since 2022 in parallel of the RB19 after seeing the ceiling of the old concept

organic

Venturiation wrote:
20 Feb 2024, 01:37
organic wrote:

David Coulthard on RB20:
Does it mean they are bringing the Japanese "zeropod" upgarde earlier or is it a preparation for that?

I think they have been working on this since 2022 in parallel of the RB19 after seeing the ceiling of the old concept
Japan is just an upgrade package. The shakedown/launch spec is a frankencar. The test car will be the first representative look

Andi76
Andi76

mzso wrote:
18 Feb 2024, 12:53
Andi76 wrote:
15 Feb 2024, 23:21
And Renault from back then is a bad example, because as AN himself said, F1 was marketing for Renault back then. That is certainly not the case with Ferrari or Mercedes and also not for Renault today even if the latter are a little behind in some areas.
What do you mean? F1 is the beginning and the end for Ferrari marketing.
What I mean by that - Adrian Newey himself said that Renault had no interest in F1 at the time and it was seen as pure marketing. He meant that in the sense of - be there for marketing budget X, but invest nothing else and cut off doesn't matter, that the name Renault appears is enough, further efforts are not necessary and performance is of no interest. The Ferrari and Mercedes approach is completely different. This is marketing through success in F1. At Renault it was marketing by pure presence with minimal money spent. Two completely different approaches that I don't think need to be discussed any further, as you can find enough interviews with Newey in which he describes Renault's approach at the time (also in his book), which almost made him lose interest in F1 and which was completely different to that of Ferrari and Mercedes. That's what I meant.
Last edited by Andi76 on 20 Feb 2024, 03:12, edited 1 time in total.

FDD
FDD

organic wrote:
20 Feb 2024, 01:39
Venturiation wrote:
20 Feb 2024, 01:37
organic wrote:

David Coulthard on RB20:

Japan is just an upgrade package. The shakedown/launch spec is a frankencar. The test car will be the first representative look
Most probably

-wkst-
-wkst-

Helmut Marko said yesterday in a longer interview with Servus TV the following:

about the influence of the drivers:
Drivers give their input, where are the weak points, where are the strong points, which things we should develop for the new car, but that's all.
In the optics (the new car) was a surprise, maybe the others didn't recreate the latest car...smiling...
It's more as an evolution, it's a little revolution. The launch car is the basis of the 2024 car. In the simulations and in the tunnel it worked good, but also Mercedes had good numbers, in reality it didn't work. So we will see at the track if we can use this solution.
interesting that they looked at the solutions of Mercedes in 2022 and 2023 (moderator asked)
That's logical, the better the less drag. Adrian Newey would want a car without radiators...We don't have it as extreme (as the Merc solution), but the idea is similar.

organic

-wkst- wrote:
20 Feb 2024, 15:03
Helmut Marko said yesterday in a longer interview with Servus TV the following:

about the influence of the drivers:
Drivers give their input, where are the weak points, where are the strong points, which things we should develop for the new car, but that's all.
In the optics (the new car) was a surprise, maybe the others didn't recreate the latest car...smiling...
It's more as an evolution, it's a little revolution. The launch car is the basis of the 2024 car. In the simulations and in the tunnel it worked good, but also Mercedes had good numbers, in reality it didn't work. So we will see at the track if we can use this solution.
interesting that they looked at the solutions of Mercedes in 2022 and 2023 (moderator asked)
That's logical, the better the less drag. Adrian Newey would want a car without radiators...We don't have it as extreme (as the Merc solution), but the idea is similar.
He says the solution "all worked very well" in the simulator/wind tunnel not just good! And that it's "more than an evolution - it is a small revolution"

Link to interview

Link to article with some transcript of the interview