2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
jambuka
jambuka

Re: 2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

Mercedes should put stickers of all the years Lewis won WDC with them on his car. As a tribute.

zeroday

jambuka wrote:
20 Feb 2024, 00:03
Mercedes should put stickers of all the years Lewis won WDC with them on his car. As a tribute.
Could result in concerns over weight-saving issues. :lol:
The man is the most successful F1 driver ever, after-all so that's a lot of stickers.
Last edited by zeroday on 20 Feb 2024, 16:41, edited 1 time in total.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Hammerfist wrote:
19 Feb 2024, 20:59
Otromundo wrote:
18 Feb 2024, 02:54
All those concepts related to "zero" give me a bad feeling. McLaren Honda and its "zero size": disaster. Mercedes and the "zeropod" skirt: disaster.

Not to mention the zero, zero, zero cocktails... which are the worst disaster.

I would be very surprised if RB decided on such an extravagance right now. I dont believe it.

Those from MB have always been very given to theatrics during training, classifications and statements before each race. During the Pre-Verstappen era they got bored of doing it.
They screwed up with their zeropods and general setup too, I think. Plus what an ordeal it must be to listen to LH's complaints for a long time. Tension that has ended up exploding.

During this year I believe that they will dedicate themselves to confirming certain deficiencies and I hope that they will also know the corresponding solutions.

For me the most interesting thing will be to see how Russell gets along with the car, its evolution and how and when they will adapt to each other.

I hope the engine will be wonderful and so will the rear suspension. It would be good news for Fernando.
It gives you a bad feeling if you are a Redbull fan. For me it’s music to my ears. Let them go down the route of where Merc has already trialed and failed. That is a risky decision if true. People always seem to forget the old sayiing; “If it ain’t broke don’t fix it”. Sometimes when you derail from what made you successful you end up going backwards in a big way. To be honest when I heard Redbull going for a radical concept change last year it already gave me hope their domination might come to and end. Let’s see what happens this weekend and the next.
Interesting analogy but I don't think anyone knows what music will be playing come Bahrain...

KimiRai
KimiRai

jambuka wrote:
20 Feb 2024, 00:03
A special livery at the very least is a good idea

organic

W15 running on track at Bahrain

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

F1Krof

Judging from what we've seen so far, is there hope?
Wroom wroom

Luscion
Luscion

F1Krof wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 15:36
Too early to say but the W15 looks very stable, Russell's last onboard showed he has to put in almost zero corrective steering through corners, so it already seems a lot more stable than the W14 and Merc seem to be on their own program, 1.6secs off McLaren in p2

Sofa King
Sofa King

F1Krof wrote:
I think Lewis gave us the answer to that question

mzivtins
mzivtins

F1Krof wrote:
Hope at what? WDC? No hope
Hope to beat Macca/Farrari? Likely no.

I know you can go onboard and see the car looks stable now, but when you consider how slow the car is going relative to the Macca and RB its no surprise the car looks stable.

When pushed it is a clear mess, and when you look at the mini sectors of the fastest laps for NOR and VER you can very clearly see they are no where near pushing it, so by rights Merc are nowhere near pushing it but still showing signs of poor drivability, just the same as the last 2 years.

It does not look good at all.

DGP123
DGP123

mzivtins wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 16:33
F1Krof wrote:
Hope at what? WDC? No hope
Hope to beat Macca/Farrari? Likely no.

I know you can go onboard and see the car looks stable now, but when you consider how slow the car is going relative to the Macca and RB its no surprise the car looks stable.

When pushed it is a clear mess, and when you look at the mini sectors of the fastest laps for NOR and VER you can very clearly see they are no where near pushing it, so by rights Merc are nowhere near pushing it but still showing signs of poor drivability, just the same as the last 2 years.

It does not look good at all.
Bang on, unfortunately

To expect Allison to come in from the cold, and cook up an entirely new concept, and be on the money, was always a long shot.

Think Merc go backwards this year, given McL won’t be starting from the back this year. Third or fourth in the WCC, most likely the best outcome this year.

The team ballsed up this regulation. End of.

GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

I know it’s only Day 1 of testing, but it’s certainly an underwhelming showing so far.

Matt2725
Matt2725

I wasn't aware that unless they came in chasing performance on day 1, it was an unmitigated disaster.
Last edited by Matt2725 on 21 Feb 2024, 17:29, edited 1 time in total.

Luscion
Luscion

GrizzleBoy wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 17:20
I know it’s only Day 1 of testing, but it’s certainly an underwhelming showing so far.
The amount of doom for it being the first day of testing is crazy, Russell's last run was good, as the commentators pointed out the car looked very stable, sparking but not porpoising on the C2, barely any corrections needed and they're obviously on their own program. It was pretty likely they'd start behind RB anyways. They've also said they're focusing on learning not laps

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

Their traction issue seems to have gotten better, nothing substantial to say apart from that until they do their full race sim on day 3 :D