Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

Paa wrote:
19 Feb 2024, 20:31
... But then again... there is no clear definition of what is over the line.
My employer has a very descriptive policy which outlines exactly what is and isn't acceptable and those comments would technically be found to breach it. Heck, it even prohibits "unwanted following" on social media!!!
If I come across as blunt, I apologise, it's my ASD. Sometimes, like an F1 car aqua-planing, it gets out of my control.

Sieper

My employer has none of that but it goes without saying. With all of these things it is so simple. Always ask yourself, how would I like to have been on the receiving end of that? if you don’t want it to be done to you don’t do it to another. Is that something for young people. That is a very old saying.

Nothing of this bears anything to this Horner case of which are rightfully not in the loop. We will hear the decision once it has been taken.

dans79

https://www.racefans.net/2024/02/20/red ... ess-marko/
Speaking to the Red Bull-owned channel Servus TV yesterday, Marko said the process is taking time to complete because the company is determined to ensure it is fair.

“It’s an internal investigation,” he said. “The sooner a result the better because, of course, rumours and other stories sprout due to this long duration.

“I think Red Bull reacted very well in this matter. There is nothing we can do about the long duration of this investigation. They are trying to conduct a fair investigation and then react accordingly.”
201 105 104 9 9 7

dans79

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/1044294/1 ... estigation
Ford is reported to have sent a private letter to Red Bull urging them to be “transparent” - and “rapid” with their probe into the controversy surrounding Christian Horner.
201 105 104 9 9 7

FW17

Red Bull’s handling of its investigation into allegations against team principal Christian Horner has been defended by its motorsport director Helmut Marko.

Speaking to the Red Bull-owned channel Servus TV yesterday, Marko said the process is taking time to complete because the company is determined to ensure it is fair.

“It’s an internal investigation,” he said. “The sooner a result the better because, of course, rumours and other stories sprout due to this long duration.

“I think Red Bull reacted very well in this matter. There is nothing we can do about the long duration of this investigation. They are trying to conduct a fair investigation and then react accordingly.”

https://www.racefans.net/2024/02/20/red ... ess-marko/

Mogster

I’m surprised he’s still attending work, but maybe he’d have to suspend himself… If Red Bull are concerned over their lack of control of RBR, as is being suggested, maybe this highlights that fact.

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

Mogster wrote:
20 Feb 2024, 20:19
I’m surprised he’s still attending work, but maybe he’d have to suspend himself… If Red Bull are concerned over their lack of control of RBR, as is being suggested, maybe this highlights that fact.
If it was illegal or then surely his lawyers would have advised him as such. I do know that in my company if a complaint is filed then both are put on non active duty until the matter is resolved. One of my friends is in exactly that position

PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
20 Feb 2024, 20:29
Mogster wrote:
20 Feb 2024, 20:19
If it was illegal or then surely his lawyers would have advised him as such. I do know that in my company if a complaint is filed then both are put on non active duty until the matter is resolved. One of my friends is in exactly that position
Yep. Same with my employer. A colleague was suspended for the best part of a year because a complaint was made, but then the complainant refused to engage with the investigation. Ironically during this time he admitted to having done what he was accused of, but it still took ages to reach a conclusion!!
If I come across as blunt, I apologise, it's my ASD. Sometimes, like an F1 car aqua-planing, it gets out of my control.

TFSA

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
Is your friend the CEO?

Whether an employee gets suspended (or 'put on leave') is a decision based on the totality of the circumstances. Companies are unlikely to put their VIPs on leave without a very good reason.

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

TFSA wrote:
20 Feb 2024, 21:53
101FlyingDutchman wrote:
Is your friend the CEO?

Whether an employee gets suspended (or 'put on leave') is a decision based on the totality of the circumstances. Companies are unlikely to put their VIPs on leave without a very good reason.
He’s not but not sure what jurisdiction you’re in but corporate policies in the UK absolutely apply to all. And if found non adherence any lawyer worth their salt will seek huge payouts. Reputational damage that any large FTSE company would rather avoid!

Venturiation
Venturiation

On dutch coverage they just said they might announce him stepping down today

Wouter

Venturiation wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 09:47
Which Dutch coverage? Viaplay, Nelson Valkenburg? Speculation?
The Power of Dreams!

Venturiation
Venturiation

Wouter wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 09:51
Venturiation wrote:
Viaplay

Wouter

Venturiation wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 10:08
Wouter wrote:
Venturiation wrote:
Viaplay
No teamwear. AT shirt.

The Power of Dreams!

Venturiation
Venturiation

Wouter wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 10:22
Venturiation wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 10:08
Wouter wrote:

Viaplay
No teamwear. AT shirt.

They said earlier they are not allowed to interview him