2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
organic

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

kediown wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 16:13
But can they win in Singapore? :lol:
GP will answer

Insane stint. Very fast lap and then a decent stint on top

kediown

Is it legal to add some kind of "sidepods" on helmets to direct the air to those vents over the driver's head? :lol:

vorticism

kediown wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 17:41
Is it legal to add some kind of "sidepods" on helmets to direct the air to those vents over the driver's head? :lol:
:lol: Moving aero element...

...or cultural heritage?!

𓄀

kediown

vorticism wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 18:01
kediown wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 17:41
:lol: Moving aero element...

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com ... ipo=images

...or cultural heritage?!

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com ... ipo=images
Just get him the bull horns!

RedNEO

AR3-GP wrote:
17 Feb 2024, 14:27
RedNEO wrote:
17 Feb 2024, 11:13
KimiRai wrote:
17 Feb 2024, 11:01
:shock: what?

It must make Mercedes feel humiliated to be dominated in 2023 so brutally and then the same team uses their old design they got smashed with to beat them again. Wild
https://i.redd.it/mgcd154sesz01.gif
RB hasn’t beaten anyone yet with this new car.
Don’t worry I can tell the future.. they will.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Credit to member of different forum for translation of Helmut Marko (article from nu.nl which I haven't found yet):
“The concept works. We can develop from here. It’s looking good.”

“Our competitor’s cars look like our car from last year. I don’t think they expected us to do what we have done.”

“Mercedes looks like they had some issues, but our car ran without problems from the very first moment. We are proud and pleased. The reliability is unbelievable.”

“Looking at tyre deg it appears Ferrari has a bit more problems than us. The McLaren looked a little nervous. Mercedes is hard to judge, because I don’t understand what they did today, but they are probably quicker than last year.”

“All in all we can be confident. Max was positive. All the setup changes we did today worked as expected. The car reacted well; it’s been mostly finetuning.”

“It was all smiles in our garage today.”

"finetuning" on the first hours of the test...

kediown

https://racingnews365.com/verstappen-de ... rb20-debut
“All in all happy to be back in a Formula 1 car,” he said. “For the first few laps, you'll be surprised at how fast it is compared to everything else.

“I had a lot of fun today. I was very happy with how the car responded, the balance was very good. It's just a test but we had a good day.

“I think this can be a competitive car, but it’s up to us to make the most of it. I’m really looking forward to this season.”
You know how it goes when Max is happy with the car. Now he is very happy. Scary

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

I think the car is in a well balanced place but I suspect the gap to the others is not that big. Marko claims 3 tenths. There are some other well balanced cars out there too like Aston/Ferrari. Considering that everything has been working towards the Japanese GP update, I suspect any decisive performance advantage will only come at that time. They wouldn't talk up an upgrade package unless it was more than a tenth so I assume that the Japanese GP upgrade is worth between about a half a tenth to 1 tenth if you are being pessimistic, and possibly more if being optimistic.

stonehenge
stonehenge

AR3-GP wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 23:30
I think the car is in a well balanced place but I suspect the gap to the others is not that big. Marko claims 3 tenths. There are some other well balanced cars out there too like Aston/Ferrari. Considering that everything has been working towards the Japanese GP update, I suspect any decisive performance advantage will only come at that time. They wouldn't talk up an upgrade package unless it was more than a tenth so I assume that the Japanese GP upgrade is worth between about a half a tenth to 1 tenth if you are being pessimistic, and possibly more if being optimistic.
Others will bring big updates as soon as Japan, too, though. Ferrari has been very emphatic that this is only the foundation and they will build on it. McLaren has said the same. Red Bull can't (like any team) rely on upgrades alone to give them the edge. They need to have a sizable advantage in Bahrain. Otherwise, they will probably still win the championships, but we might at least get some exciting races.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

stonehenge wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 23:37
AR3-GP wrote:
Others will bring big updates as soon as Japan, too, though. Ferrari has been very emphatic that this is only the foundation and they will build on it. McLaren has said the same. Red Bull can't (like any team) rely on upgrades alone to give them the edge. They need to have a sizable advantage in Bahrain. Otherwise, they will probably still win the championships, but we might at least get some exciting races.
I'm in hard disagreement regarding a conclusion that a team can't rely on upgrades to give them an edge.

I think they can with the obvious caveat that their upgrades just have to be better than the others :lol:

stonehenge
stonehenge

AR3-GP wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 23:42
stonehenge wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:
I'm in hard disagreement regarding a conclusion that a team can't rely on upgrades to give them an edge.

I think they can with the obvious caveat that their upgrades just have to be better than the others :lol:
Oh, I think I wasn't clear in what I meant. Upgrades can give you an edge, of course. But if Red Bull is really only 3 tenths ahead right now they're not gonna be a second ahead after their Japan upgrade.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

stonehenge wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 23:47
AR3-GP wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 23:42
stonehenge wrote:

Oh, I think I wasn't clear in what I meant. Upgrades can give you an edge, of course. But if Red Bull is really only 3 tenths ahead right now they're not gonna be a second ahead after their Japan upgrade.
I have no comment :lol:

LM10
LM10

When will this talk about the imaginary zeropods stop? Im starting to ask myself if people are trolling or just don’t know what they’re seeing or talking about?

Sieper

You are continuing it. It is best to not discuss it. Performance ICE Cars need big radiators. They all have them. Also in 2022. It’s just a question of where to position them, and then there are legality boxes further confining any out of the (legality)box thinking.

Vettel165

Fantastic first day of testing for Max and Red Bull. I am a simple person, I want to see Max domination until at least 2026. Hoping Newey magic strikes again, the car looked quite stable in the slow-speed corners with good front-end grip. But its early days, we will know more in 10 days, when the season really starts.