Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
TFSA

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
20 Feb 2024, 22:14
He’s not but not sure what jurisdiction you’re in but corporate policies in the UK absolutely apply to all. And if found non adherence any lawyer worth their salt will seek huge payouts. Reputational damage that any large FTSE company would rather avoid!
Whether or not he's found to non-adhenrence in the end, has little to do with whether or not they're suspending him while the investigation is ongoing. Those are two separate issues.

I'm speaking about the decision not to suspend him while the investigation is ongoing. And sticking to that topic, like I said: totality of the circumstances. There's a lot of factors to consider when considering a suspension, including whether or not the two employees can be separated. It's a possibility that Red Bull (Racing) decided to grant the complainant paid leave while the investigation is ongoing. This is only logical. Horner is the more important of the two, so you don't want to suspend him on a whim.

Corporate policies do not apply (equally) to all in this case. If you truly believe that, then I'd say you're deluding yourself. There's a reason Horner is still at work for the time being - it's because Red Bull Racing believes that it's a bigger loss (either directly or PR wise) to suspend him than keeping him working until this is resolved. If he has done something wrong, then he will have to go - but until that is concluded, they want him in office.
Last edited by TFSA on 21 Feb 2024, 10:48, edited 2 times in total.

chrisc90

Alpha Tauri now supplies the team wear I believe

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

TFSA wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 10:42
101FlyingDutchman wrote:
20 Feb 2024, 22:14
He’s not but not sure what jurisdiction you’re in but corporate policies in the UK absolutely apply to all. And if found non adherence any lawyer worth their salt will seek huge payouts. Reputational damage that any large FTSE company would rather avoid!
Whether or not he's found to non-adhenrence in the end, has little to do with whether or not they're suspending him while the investigation is ongoing. Those are two separate issues.

I'm speaking about the decision not to suspend him while the investigation is ongoing. And sticking to that topic, like I said: totality of the circumstances. There's a lot of factors to consider when considering a suspension, including whether or not the two employees can be separated. It's a possibility that Red Bull (Racing) decided to grant the complainant paid leave while the investigation is ongoing. This is only logical. Horner is the more important of the two, so you don't want to suspend him on a whim.

Corporate policies do not apply (equally) to all in this case. If you truly believe that, then I'd say you're deluding yourself. There's a reason Horner is still at work for the time being - it's because Red Bull Racing believes that it's a bigger loss (either directly or PR wise) to suspend him than keeping him working until this is resolved. If he has done something wrong, then he will have to go - but until that is concluded, they want him in office.
You completely misread what I said 😂
In the UK it’s generally the case that if a formal complaint is tabled against ANY employee then both parties are put on non active duty whilst the investigation takes place. It certainly is that way in 2 FTSE listed companies I’ve been employed by. I’m only remarking in to say, it’s unusual for someone to continue working in the interim. Probably because of parent company GMBH vs the UK race team and the complaint being filed in Austria

Wouter

chrisc90 wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 10:43
No, it is still Castore. AT doesn't even sponsor them.

The Power of Dreams!

TFSA

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 10:58
You completely misread what I said 😂
In the UK it’s generally the case that if a formal complaint is tabled against ANY employee then both parties are put on non active duty whilst the investigation takes place. It certainly is that way in 2 FTSE listed companies I’ve been employed by. I’m only remarking in to say, it’s unusual for someone to continue working in the interim. Probably because of parent company GMBH vs the UK race team and the complaint being filed in Austria
No i didn't. You just said it yourself. It is "generally" the case. And I'd counter-argue that "generally", it isn't the CEO of a billion dollar company who's the one being complained about. 😉

General rules don't apply in that case. Companies always try to minimize losses. And losing your CEO for a period of time for something which may just be a nothing issue can be a big detriment, especially when it's at the dawn of an important season for Red Bull Racing. Hence, they're keeping him working. It's basic loss minimization.

I don't think it has anything to do with the parent company being in Austria. It still (allegedly) happened in the British office, and they will still have experts on British laws advising them. The complaint about Horner was originally made back in December, so they've had plenty of time to look at it and figure out what to do.

Venturiation
Venturiation

In a Viaplay broadcast, pit reporter Mervi Kallio said there was already talk in the pits that Horner would have to step aside. She says she has spoken to "a few players" about the matter.

The decision has apparently already been made, Kallio told the programme, standing in front of the Red Bull garage.

Why he hasn't been removed, if such a decision has already been taken, is perhaps down to the fine-tuning of the details. Of course, this is all just speculation," Kallio continued.
https://www.is.fi/formula1/art-2000010242993.html

Wouter

Venturiation wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 11:59
In a Viaplay broadcast, pit reporter Mervi Kallio said there was already talk in the pits that Horner would have to step aside. She says she has spoken to "a few players" about the matter.

The decision has apparently already been made, Kallio told the programme, standing in front of the Red Bull garage.

Why he hasn't been removed, if such a decision has already been taken, is perhaps down to the fine-tuning of the details. Of course, this is all just speculation," Kallio continued.
https://www.is.fi/formula1/art-2000010242993.html
Thanks for the link.
The Power of Dreams!

chrisc90

Wouter wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 11:00
chrisc90 wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 10:43
No, it is still Castore. AT doesn't even sponsor them.

https://i.postimg.cc/65dMsFC9/Schermafb ... 095822.png
My mistake. They provide to the FIA

Venturiation
Venturiation

stewie325
stewie325

Not a body language expert or anything, but it looks like Horner is doing his absolute best to point away from Marko (check the feet :D) - not usually a sign of respect

PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

stewie325 wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 15:33
Not a body language expert or anything, but it looks like Horner is doing his absolute best to point away from Marko (check the feet :D) - not usually a sign of respect
What you don't know is that Horner is saying "Watch this, I'll sit at an awkward angle, that'll give the forums something to mull over!" 🤣
If I come across as blunt, I apologise, it's my ASD. Sometimes, like an F1 car aqua-planing, it gets out of my control.

Wouter

From the Autosport forum:
renzmann, on 21 Feb 2024 - 16:55, said:

For what it's worth:

Ralf Bach (legendary German F1 reporter) just said on Sky Germany that Newey, the Verstappens, Mateschitz, Marko and many more
in the team want Horner out, because they all know what Horner has done and they fear for the team's image.
The only reason he's still there is the Thai owner. He thinks the saga will take long: If Horner doesn't want to go,
it won't be resolved before the court case kicks in.
I don't believe this. Someone very close to Max his race team Verstappen.com responded to this.
I don't know what his job is but he always knows exactly everything what Max does in his free time with his Porsches and GT3 cars.
17:33 @MaxRaw: The only one who still has Horner with him is the Thai Owner, they are no longer rumors, more will come out,
hopefully for Horner AFTER he has left.
I already wrote elsewhere; Horner Out. Binotto In.
It's also a shame that a Career breaks down in this way, even if it's his own fault.
We will see Horner somewhere in motorsport in the future.
I still can't believe this. Everyone against Horner? :roll: Binotto? #-o

Edit: Ralf Bach is the journalist/editor from F1 Insider and Bild, who wrote at the same time as Erik van Haren the article
about the investigation about Horner on Febr 5th.
The Power of Dreams!

organic

Binotto only just got hired by Texa today (!) as the managing director so i doubt hes going to be coming to the paddock as a late substitute

Wouter

organic wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 21:45
Binotto only just got hired by Texa today (!) as the managing director so i doubt hes going to be coming to the paddock as a late substitute
=D> I think the Sporting Director should be much better, Johnatan Wheatley IF Horner should get fired.
The Power of Dreams!

ME4ME

Agreed. He would be a good fit and popular with the team since he is one of their own.