2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
CjC
CjC

Re: 2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

I didn’t read anything here that’s concerned me to much from the boys

https://www.mclaren.com/racing/formula- ... est-day-1/
Just a fan's point of view

Emag
Emag

genarro wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 21:14
Darth-Piekus wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 21:06
Mwillems for the sake of F1 I hope you are right and Mclaren is closer to Red Bull than last year cause usually whenever there is smoke there is also fire.
Dude you need to chill a bit...
My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined xp

Its not an amazing day, but its also not a bad day. And its the first day of testing after all ...

With the first race being next week I am being less involved with testing this year, but still, paying a glance whenever I can.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

First day of testing… Way too early to make any pecking order judgements… which are most often than not really wrong…

In 2020, the MCL34 was thought to be the 9th car in the grid (after all of testing was concluded… Ended up 4th in the championship
In 2022 the MCL36 finished the day 1st and everyone was praising it and saying it was a title contender… We know how the season went

Enjoy testing… But be mindful that is too early to make conclusions

mwillems

Darth-Piekus wrote:
Mwillems for the sake of F1 I hope you are right and Mclaren is closer to Red Bull than last year cause usually whenever there is smoke there is also fire.
Calm yourself, DP. F1 will be just fine 😆
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

Mostlyeels
Mostlyeels

Quotes from the AMuS article in the testing thread:
  • Marko estimates RB20 lead is 3 tenths
  • Shovlin estimates Merc, McLaren, Ferrari, Aston all very close, Red Bull has a nose in front

Macklaren
Macklaren

CjC wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 21:20

In fact this quote from Oscar is very encouraging..."The car felt reasonable and I would say there are some differences from last year which are moving in the right direction"

cliffgamerz
cliffgamerz

All the people think RedBull will dominate because Max put in a time 1 sec ahead of everyone, the real reason he was 1 sec ahead of everyone was because today was the only day he gets to do a representative qualy lap at late evening since tomorrow Perez is driving whole day and Friday he gets the morning run, the conditions of qualifying was only possible for him today, tomorrow we an expect many drivers run qualy runs before doing Race runs like we always get. We will get McLaren qualy pace from Oscar tomorrow and that's vital for us to know where McLaren stands

trinidefender
trinidefender

SmallSoldier wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 21:23
First day of testing… Way too early to make any pecking order judgements… which are most often than not really wrong…

In 2020, the MCL34 was thought to be the 9th car in the grid (after all of testing was concluded… Ended up 4th in the championship
In 2022 the MCL36 finished the day 1st and everyone was praising it and saying it was a title contender… We know how the season went

Hopefully some of the McLaren fans read your comment and can actually temper their twitchy typing fingers haha

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

mwillems wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 21:32
Darth-Piekus wrote:
Calm yourself, DP. F1 will be just fine 😆
"For the sake of F1" 🤣🤣🤣
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

trinidefender
trinidefender

Mostlyeels wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 21:33
  • Shovlin estimates Merc, McLaren, Ferrari, Aston all very close, Red Bull has a nose in front
Can you point to the article please? I looked but couldn’t find it.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

trinidefender wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 21:42
SmallSoldier wrote:

Hopefully some of the McLaren fans read your comment and can actually temper their twitchy typing fingers haha
Based on the history of the forum and the McLaren’s threads in particular… I doubt it! lol

The only that matter to me on day 1 was reliability… The car put plenty of laps on track, there were no major issues or concerns… That’s the only highlight so far for me… The more laps we do, the more settings we try, the more we learn about the car and how it reacts to those changes / inputs… Ultimately, that’s what is the most important part of testing.

CjC
CjC

Mostlyeels wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 21:33
Andrew Shovlin of Mercedes? Andrew Shovlin?

Slahinki
Slahinki

SmallSoldier wrote:
Based on the history of the forum and the McLaren’s threads in particular… I doubt it! lol
The McLaren team thread is always a pretty wild ride, I feel. :lol:

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

cliffgamerz wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 21:39
All the people think RedBull will dominate because Max put in a time 1 sec ahead of everyone, the real reason he was 1 sec ahead of everyone was because today was the only day he gets to do a representative qualy lap at late evening since tomorrow Perez is driving whole day and Friday he gets the morning run, the conditions of qualifying was only possible for him today, tomorrow we an expect many drivers run qualy runs before doing Race runs like we always get. We will get McLaren qualy pace from Oscar tomorrow and that's vital for us to know where McLaren stands
Perez drives in the morning tomorrow. Verstappen again in the evening. Perez full Friday.

CjC
CjC

Macklaren wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 21:39
CjC wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 21:20

In fact this quote from Oscar is very encouraging..."The car felt reasonable and I would say there are some differences from last year which are moving in the right direction"
Agreed. We all know Mclaren are looking to improve in certain areas so this would suggest an improvement.