2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
KimiRai
KimiRai

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Motorsport Italy (Nugnes :D ) says the expectation is that from tomorrow we can start making direct comparisons with the competition.

CouncilorIrissa
CouncilorIrissa

KimiRai wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 23:51
Motorsport Italy (Nugnes :D ) says the expectation is that from tomorrow we can start making direct comparisons with the competition.
Franco's recent track record has gotten much better wrt Ferrari.

KimiRai
KimiRai

program very similar to 2023 tests, time improved by 7 tenths.

Sevach
Sevach

Anthony Davidson says the car still bounces a bit going into braking zones, criticized how the cars are setup.
Maybe we need a chief designer that doesn't think suspensions don't matter.

CouncilorIrissa
CouncilorIrissa

Given that even SF23 at its worst was the best car under braking, I trust our Technical Director way more than whatever Davidson has to say.

LM10
LM10

Sevach wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 01:07
Anthony Davidson says the car still bounces a bit going into braking zones, criticized how the cars are setup.
What’s meant with bouncing? If it’s porpoising I’ve not seen any and if it’s simple bouncing over bumpy track surface I don’t understand why that’s a problem because I can’t remember it ever being a problem for Ferrari. They’ve been the class of the field in terms of traction, braking, curb riding for many years now.

If we’re talking about porpoising (which I doubt) they were actually the only team having zero problems with porpoising with the F1-75. It was the fastest car despite it.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

CouncilorIrissa wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 01:13
Given that even SF23 at its worst was the best car under braking, I trust our Technical Director way more than whatever Davidson has to say.
I don’t think these things are mutually exclusive. I have never seen Leclerc squaring his tires like this last year. They could be working through setups. Davidson didn’t “imagine” it. We all saw it.
A lion must kill its prey.

LM10
LM10

AR3-GP wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 01:27
CouncilorIrissa wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 01:13
I don’t think these things are mutually exclusive. I have never seen Leclerc squaring his tires like this last year. They could be working through setups. Davidson didn’t “imagine” it. We all saw it.
Of course they were working through setups. They’ve not suddenly lost all their knowledge about suspensions, especially considering their layout didn’t change.

jambuka
jambuka

I feel Day 2 Session 1 might be where they start optimizing the operating windows and try to find performance. Maybe they even soften the suspension for smoother ride.

Sevach
Sevach

LM10 wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 01:17
Sevach wrote:
What’s meant with bouncing? If it’s porpoising I’ve not seen any and if it’s simple bouncing over bumpy track surface I don’t understand why that’s a problem because I can’t remember it ever being a problem for Ferrari. They’ve been the class of the field in terms of traction, braking, curb riding for many years now.

If we’re talking about porpoising (which I doubt) they were actually the only team having zero problems with porpoising with the F1-75. It was the fastest car despite it.
He made sure to say it isn't porpoising, it seems like the issue is the car hitting the ground too much or too hard going into a braking zone and that affect drivers confidence and how well they can turn in.

The SF-23 was very good under braking as some have pointed out here, but i wonder if in trying to step up it's mid corner and high speed grip they made it worst in this area.

Still could be just a experimental setup so let's wait.

dialtone
dialtone

Sevach wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 09:50
LM10 wrote:
Sevach wrote:

He made sure to say it isn't porpoising, it seems like the issue is the car hitting the ground too much or too hard going into a braking zone and that affect drivers confidence and how well they can turn in.

The SF-23 was very good under braking as some have pointed out here, but i wonder if in trying to step up it's mid corner and high speed grip they made it worst in this area.

Car is perfect under braking today.

jambuka
jambuka

dialtone wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 09:55
Sevach wrote:
LM10 wrote:

Turn 4, Turn 11 still seems bit underwhelming. Though I don't think they are trying to setup the car for this specific track right now.Don't think car is setup at lowest ride height possible as well.

Xyz22
Xyz22

So the car seems quite strong in sector 3.

Leclerc was faster than Max yesterday in S3

CouncilorIrissa
CouncilorIrissa

jambuka wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 10:06
dialtone wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 09:55
Sevach wrote:

Turn 4, Turn 11 still seems bit underwhelming. Though I don't think they are trying to setup the car for this specific track right now.Don't think car is setup at lowest ride height possible as well.
Bahrain setups are naturally understeery, it's rear axle protection galore.

Xyz22
Xyz22

Leclerc mini run was quite good before the red flag. Laptimes are not going massively up like they did last year.