2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
JPower
JPower

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

GoranF1 wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 20:42
Problem whit this team (also Redbull) you have one driver that overperformes and one underperformes so it's difficult to say where they are. Alonso can be anywhere for 1 tenth to 1 sec faster than Stroll per lap.
It's almost good in these testing situations to have two mediocore drives like Ferrari and Mercedes.
Ferrari and Mercedes both have 2 mediocre drivers? Interesting take...

dialtone
dialtone

JPower wrote:
GoranF1 wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 20:42
Problem whit this team (also Redbull) you have one driver that overperformes and one underperformes so it's difficult to say where they are. Alonso can be anywhere for 1 tenth to 1 sec faster than Stroll per lap.
It's almost good in these testing situations to have two mediocore drives like Ferrari and Mercedes.
Ferrari and Mercedes both have 2 mediocre drivers? Interesting take...
Imagine calling LEC mediocre, to not talk about Hamilton the most record breaking driver in history.

-wkst-
-wkst-

On the other side Robert Payton and Matthew J. Thompson are trustworthy sources for this user, so it’s logical that LEC and HAM are mediocre.

organic

Not much running so far. But apparently part of the program

KimiRai
KimiRai

organic wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 10:02
Not much running so far. But apparently part of the program

looked like a 2023 rear wing maybe to collect data

KimiRai
KimiRai

Perez just under 2 tenths ahead of Fernando with both new c3s and in my opinion it looked like a similar load, that's pretty good

So far all morning Alo has never run with as much power/as empty like Leclerc and Piastri and it seems they don't want to go for times yet, so we will have to wait
Last edited by KimiRai on 22 Feb 2024, 11:55, edited 2 times in total.

K1Plus
K1Plus

KimiRai wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 11:02
Perez just under 2 tenths ahead of Fernando with both new c3s and in my opinion it looked like a similar load, that's pretty good

So far all morning Alo has never run with less fuel like Leclerc and Piastri, it always seemed like at least 20-30kg more for Fernando and it seems they don't want to go for times yet, so we will have to wait
Add another 3 tenths for Max being Max and there is the magical half a second clear of the field.
Aston Martin need to develop well in order to hit the goal of challenging Red Bull as Dan Fallows said that they can
be beaten.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Another proof that the Perez vs Alonso difference could be close to reality, both had similar engine modes

organic

KimiRai wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 11:50
Another proof that the Perez vs Alonso difference could be close to reality, both had similar engine modes

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GG7nKcnW0AA ... name=small
Those numbers aren't accurate for their fast laps. It is 316 km/h for Per, 311 for Alo for their personal bests and also Perez a lot ahead (284 vs 278) at the finish line. So I think they aren't necessarily on same engine/fuel

KimiRai
KimiRai

organic wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 11:56
KimiRai wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 11:50

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GG7nKcnW0AA ... name=small
Those numbers aren't accurate for their fast laps. It is 316 km/h for Per, 311 for Alo for their personal bests and also Perez a lot ahead (284 vs 278) at the finish line. So I think they aren't necessarily on same engine/fuel

https://i.imgur.com/s5TCZsF.png
Thanks! There could be some drag diffence there but Perez being ahead by some margin is a good sign, it would have been worse if Alo was on Perez top speed or higher

-wkst-
-wkst-

I guess it looked good so far (not perfect) from the handling, but with a logical plan. First a run with cool down laps with open DRS - pit - simulate start - some laps without cool down laps with closed DRS.

I can't resist to believe that the good and weak points of the car are pretty similiar to last year (first half). Good traction and slow speed, however still draggy compared to others. High speed unknown, but they were also weak last year in the last corner/sector.

Hopefully we see ALO again and not 5 hours STR...

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

K1Plus wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 11:45
KimiRai wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 11:02

So far all morning Alo has never run with less fuel like Leclerc and Piastri, it always seemed like at least 20-30kg more for Fernando and it seems they don't want to go for times yet, so we will have to wait
Add another 3 tenths for Max being Max and there is the magical half a second clear of the field.
Aston Martin need to develop well in order to hit the goal of challenging Red Bull as Dan Fallows said that they can
be beaten.
I don't know what you guys talking about, but the time with empty car should be around 1:29:8-1:30.0 . They not even close to it yet...

KimiRai
KimiRai

-wkst- wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 12:20
I guess it looked good so far (not perfect) from the handling, but with a logical plan. First a run with cool down laps with open DRS - pit - simulate start - some laps without cool down laps with closed DRS.

I can't resist to believe that the good and weak points of the car are pretty similiar to last year (first half). Good traction and slow speed, however still draggy compared to others. High speed unknown, but they were also weak last year in the last corner/sector.

Stroll will be running all the 5 hours it seems.

Last year preseason testing was a good advantage for Fernando and all the extra mileage he had, but this year Alo has had bad luck and Stroll is going to be more benefited

SchuMassa
SchuMassa

KimiRai wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 13:23
-wkst- wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 12:20

Stroll will be running all the 5 hours it seems.

Last year preseason testing was a good advantage for Fernando and all the extra mileage he had, but this year Alo has had bad luck and Stroll is going to be more benefited
Extremely dumb decision, if you ask me... Oh well.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Alonso said the AMR24 is a big step forward.

But “everyone has made great strides, so we will see who has improved and how much in the first races,” he said.

He added: "The new car feels better, but all pilots make the same comment."